bhoyal

What are you watching in place of sports?

On 3/27/2020 at 2:54 PM, MickyFrickyGrizzyFan said:

Take them down, all cards fall and we can start over, not only for us but for the world and future generations to come after the rebuild.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapiens:_A_Brief_History_of_Humankind

... Harari claims that all large-scale human cooperation systems – including religions, political structures, trade networks, and legal institutions – owe their emergence to Sapiens' distinctive cognitive capacity for fiction.[5] Accordingly, Harari regards money as a system of mutual trust and sees political and economic systems as more or less identical with religions.

Harari's key claim regarding the Agricultural Revolution is that while it promoted population growth for Sapiens and co-evolving species like wheat and cows, it made the lives of most individuals (and animals) worse than they had been when Sapiens were mostly hunter-gatherers, since their diet and daily lives became significantly less varied. ...

Imo.

If you really want to be free, you need to go back to societies before agriculture.

I watched your video and its an important message, but we have to fight the battles where we can. Just as we have for many centuries paid the price for agriculture, we will, for at least the near future, pay the price for not stopping this virus early. The lack of foresight and preparation is due to hubris and ignorance not furtherance of tyranny.

This not a hoax by the Democrats or the globalists. Our political, economic and religious systems have played a part in the spread, but they are not going any place any time soon. Our weapons have been limited by mistakes but we _are_ in a battle now.

Off the soapbox, I just finished Star Trek Picard. The first couple episodes had me worried but I enjoyed it from then on.

Got the time, here are some of my old favs:

Deadwood
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348914/
down and dirty, a Shakespearean western, definitely adult

Battlestar Galactica
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0314979/
the best scifi series, begins with the 2003 miniseries

Fringe
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1119644/
one of my favorite pilot episodes

Pride and Prejudice
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112130/
gotta have some romance and manners

1 hour ago, tangogriz said:

Off the soapbox, I just finished Star Trek Picard. The first couple episodes had me worried but I enjoyed it from then on.

Got the time, here are some of my old favs:

Deadwood
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348914/
down and dirty, a Shakespearean western, definitely adult

Battlestar Galactica
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0314979/
the best scifi series, begins with the 2003 miniseries

Fringe
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1119644/
one of my favorite pilot episodes

Pride and Prejudice
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112130/
gotta have some romance and manners

Hmm, i may have to check out Deadwood. I remember it but never watched it. 

5 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Hmm, i may have to check out Deadwood. I remember it but never watched it. 

Deadwood was a good one...if you’re going into the HBO vault, might as well check out Rome too. 

16 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

You don't think they haven't already done this to some degree before this has even happened? I would assume they have. Not trying to go back and forth but I think some of our perceived freedoms or civil liberties are just that, perceived. Although I do think we have it way better than most other countries. 

Oh I agree they've been doing this for a while now (ie: The Patriot Act); and I agree we have it better than other countries.

I also believe this kind of thing is inevitable.  My concern is that more and more people will willingly give up their freedoms because of fear.

And once you give up your freedoms, good luck getting them back.

Bro did y'all see that Tiger King documentary? I was basically forced to watch it after hearing so much about it. It was incredibly interesting.

I've been watching that, the new season of Westworld (wish HBO would just release a whole season at once, but now i have to have their service for an extra month so i kinda understand why they don't) and about to start the new season of Ozark.  

I feel like the best stuff I watch these days are documentaries. Real life is stranger than any fiction. Check out The Pharmacist also if you're looking for another amazing documentary. 

I’ve been watching a bunch of Marvel movies 

4 hours ago, Allen said:

I’ve been watching a bunch of Marvel movies 

Ha! I did the same thing a few months ago. I found a suggested order to watch site and picked up where I’d left off, which was halfway through the whole thing. I felt like I was cheating by watching these blockbusters basically back to back. Fun watch indeed.

13 hours ago, Zappastache said:

Bro did y'all see that Tiger King documentary? I was basically forced to watch it after hearing so much about it. It was incredibly interesting.

I just finished...

all I can say is - w.o.w.

same here ... everybody told me to watch it .

it was definitely weird but I couldn’t stop watching it . 

train- wreck . You know how they saw you don’t wanna see it but you can’t look away!

🤣💫💨

13 hours ago, Zappastache said:

I've been watching that, the new season of Westworld (wish HBO would just release a whole season at once, but now i have to have their service for an extra month so i kinda understand why they don't) and about to start the new season of Ozark.  

I feel like the best stuff I watch these days are documentaries. Real life is stranger than any fiction. Check out The Pharmacist also if you're looking for another amazing documentary. 

I haven't watched the new season of Westworld yet, but the first 2 seasons were great.

Man, everyone is talking about the Tiger King.

11 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I just finished...

all I can say is - w.o.w.

same here ... everybody told me to watch it .

it was definitely weird but I couldn’t stop watching it . 

train- wreck . You know how they say you don’t wanna see it but you can’t look away!

🤣💫💨

Half way through it and I can't take my eyes away from it.

Actually I have an embarrassment of fortune.

Channels on top of channels and now ... I have no clue what to watch now /next

Netflix

Starz

Apple +
Hulu

Amazon Prime

holding back on HBO - I really missed out big for the game of thrones seasons

and YouTube tv

still trying find a reason that can justify those last two.

These services have actually allowed me to not have to be tied to a tv. I get the most out of my iPad Pro. It’s everywhere I want to go and being able to purchase the WiFi version I can download movies / series and take em with me.

I just use my phone as a hotspot.

Looking at it typed all out above I may be waaaay overspending ... here I am paying more than I did for cable...

Ozark is WAY intense this season.  What an ending.  Hope it's not 2 years between seasons again this time.

I just finished the first season of Goliath.  So far so good.  Lots left to go.

By the way, there is an NBA Highlights channel on Roku (you have to add it, but it's free) and the first thing I watched was the "long distance allee-oops" (or whatever they called it)... lob dunks from passes between 45 and 90 feet away.  That was really cool.

Just now, bhoyal said:

Ozark is WAY intense this season.  What an ending.  Hope it's not 2 years between seasons again this time.

I just finished the first season of Goliath.  So far so good.  Lots left to go.

Got a couple episodes into Ozark S3 last night. Lol it definitely had been a minute since they filmed those first two seasons because i couldn't even recognize the young Byrd boy at all, he had grown so much 🤣

11 hours ago, GameOn said:

I haven't watched the new season of Westworld yet, but the first 2 seasons were great.

Man, everyone is talking about the Tiger King.

Season 3 is better than season 2 already. I still have a hard time remembering everything that has happened because that show takes so many twists and turns. Season 3 has Aaron Paul and takes place outside of the park mostly, so is really interesting. 

On 3/27/2020 at 4:37 AM, CarloJ63 said:

Yeah, my biggest fear in all of this is the loss of our liberties, which is certain to happen.  

Once you give up your freedoms, you don't get them back.

Once upon a time in this country, we didn't pay taxes on income.  Now you go to jail if you don't.

On 3/27/2020 at 7:26 AM, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

If we're honest with ourselves, a lot of government officials are bought and paid for by billionaire and multimillionaire libertarians. There's a stat (and i'm too lazy to look it up right now) but to sum it up, like the top 5% of earners in this country get 50% of the laws passed that they want whereas the bottom 90% of earners (which i would assume is most if not all of this board) only gets like 1% or maybe 5% of the laws they want passed. That tells me all i need to know and it tells me that the fat cats with deep pockets run this country. i'm not poo pooing your idea. it's the right thing to do but in say the last 20 years or so  (maybe 25-30) so many of our elected officials are more worried about aligning themselves with lobbyists and protecting the interest of large corporations and rich people than doing right by their own constituencies, so I'm not sure how effective complaining to them will be. Especially since a lot of them are benefitting by how the system is currently set up. 

What specific civil liberties will be lost? What large developed nations don't pay income taxes? I wouldn't want people going to jail for not paying taxes but i do feel that taxes are what make many nations nations. 

On 3/29/2020 at 4:51 AM, CarloJ63 said:

I used income tax as an example of a "temporary" measure which became permanent.

WASHINGTON—Government officials across the U.S. are using location data from millions of cellphones in a bid to better understand the movements of Americans during the coronavirus pandemic and how they may be affecting the spread of the disease.

Will they start using this method after the pandemic to track criminals?  How long until they start tracking law abiding citizens?

Google to release your location data to help fight coronavirus pandemic

By Amy Woodyatt, CNN Business

On Topic

i just finished 3rd Season of Ozark and Dang that was good!

May check out Tiger King next

WestWorld Season 3 has it back on the upswing again.  Extremely relevant themes in that show to what we are seeing today (Mass Data Collecting is the Shows BogeyMan).  

I am about to call it quits on Walking Dead - been watching out of more loyalty than enjoyment for a few seasons now. 

On 3/31/2020 at 12:00 PM, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Actually I have an embarrassment of fortune.

Channels on top of channels and now ... I have no clue what to watch now /next

Netflix

On Netflix you can (should) watch "Semi Pro". Great basketball movie starring Matt Walsh as Father Pat the ref. Oh yea, some guy named Will Ferrell is in it too. Woody "Zombieland" Harrelson has an equally small role. Nothing like Matt Walsh's award winning performance. 

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Meh, they're already tracking us and selling our info anyway. I saw someone complaining about the U.S. Census and how the gov't was trying to do such and such with our data and that person won't participate. My reply was Amazon, Facebook, Instagram, Google, YouTube, Apple, Microsoft, ect already have tons of your private data (including your location at all times as well as cc info) but you're worried about a few questions from the government?

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

On Topic

i just finished 3rd Season of Ozark and Dang that was good!

May check out Tiger King next

WestWorld Season 3 has it back on the upswing again.  Extremely relevant themes in that show to what we are seeing today (Mass Data Collecting is the Shows BogeyMan).  

I am about to call it quits on Walking Dead - been watching out of more loyalty than enjoyment for a few seasons now. 

Be prepared to begin a crystal meth habit if you watch this. Your life will never be the same. 

More YouTube. More reading. More big boards. More SportsCenter. You couldn’t PAY ME to watch the Corona News Network (CNN). Have no idea what TigerKing is — don’t wanna know.  

I am also practicing Social Media Distancing.  Somebody from Hawaii already UnFriended me.

I might do a basketball podcast if anyone else wants in (and knows how to do a basketball podcast).  

I basically feel like The Dude from The Big Lebowski.  

16 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

I am also practicing Social Media Distancing.  Somebody from Hawaii already UnFriended me.

Ha ha ha.....this is funny.  Just letting you know, I'm going to plaigerize you and use that expression when talking with friends and family.

20 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Meh, they're already tracking us and selling our info anyway. I saw someone complaining about the U.S. Census and how the gov't was trying to do such and such with our data and that person won't participate. My reply was Amazon, Facebook, Instagram, Google, YouTube, Apple, Microsoft, ect already have tons of your private data (including your location at all times as well as cc info) but you're worried about a few questions from the government?

Apathy is the fuel for taking away your freedoms.  So i guess you would be cool with all our agencies having ability to record and tap your Phone without a warrant.  Police randomly stopping and confiscating your property.  This isnt stuff you want to take lightly.

22 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

This headline is a bit sensational for what this actually means. The data being shared is essentially anonymized statistics that can be used to monitor mass movements of people and produce maps like these:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/02/us/coronavirus-social-distancing.html

Hint: The New York Times is not the government and already had that information because they paid for it (through a DI company who bought the raw data from Google).