GameOn

NBA SUSPENDS SEASON UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

On 3/11/2020 at 9:03 PM, Grizzled Vet said:

f they suspend games for a while, it will help the injury situation for JJJ, BC, and Justise...assuming players are allowed to rehab, which I assume they will.

ditto.

6 hours ago, GameOn said:

The list of cancellations is going exponential.

Btw chip, we have  3 separate threads on the go re:  the suspended season. Would one of the mods be able to merge these threads into one? Thanks.

Done

24 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/03/dont-panic-the-comprehensive-ars-technica-guide-to-the-coronavirus/

Fanboyslim posted this in off topic talk, but I’m not sure if he posted on the main board. Nevertheless, found it quite informative.

But I already panicked 

45 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Done

Thanks fanboyslim.

Now what can the mods do about SBWS (Sudden Basketball Withdrawal Syndrome)? I believe Dwash is now patient zero, after stating "Why does 2 nights with no basketball feel like 2 months?" To prevent the spread of this syndrome, should we be watching re-runs of previous games? Would just watching highlights videos on YouTube suffice? Should we stock up on (even more) toilet paper? Or should we just go cold turkey and deal with the resulting physical and mental pain? 

Or should we just keep making dumb posts (like this one) to keep ourselves entertained and distracted until basketball starts again? 😄  

8 hours ago, GameOn said:

The list of cancellations is going exponential.

Btw chip, we have  3 separate threads on the go re:  the suspended season. Would one of the mods be able to merge these threads into one? Thanks.

I can’t merge them but I can lock two and just let one run. Usually I just let them work themselves out however.

43 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Thanks fanboyslim.

Now what can the mods do about SBWS (Sudden Basketball Withdrawal Syndrome)? I believe Dwash is now patient zero, after stating "Why does 2 nights with no basketball feel like 2 months?" To prevent the spread of this syndrome, should we be watching re-runs of previous games? Would just watching highlights videos on YouTube suffice? Should we stock up on (even more) toilet paper? Or should we just go cold turkey and deal with the resulting physical and mental pain? 

Or should we just keep making dumb posts (like this one) to keep ourselves entertained and distracted until basketball starts again? 😄  

there are sites that have old games from the season...might go watch the grizzs beat the lakers again

Will players have their pay reduced during the hiatus?

"The National Basketball Players Association has warned players that their pay could be reduced if the rest of the NBA season is lost amid the coronavirus pandemic, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reports.

The letter warned of an already established “Force Majeure” clause in the collective bargaining agreement the spells out teams’ financial obligations to players in times of disaster and allows owners to reduce player salaries."

More at:  https://sports.yahoo.com/nbpa-warns-players-that-owners-can-cut-their-salaries-amid-coronavirus-hiatus-184137329.html

7 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

there are sites that have old games from the season...might go watch the grizzs beat the lakers again

That is definitely on my re-watch list. Do you have any link to these old games? I have League Pass, so I can easily watch games again. But a link would be helpful for those who don't have League Pass or those who didn't record games with their PVR. 

19 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I can’t merge them but I can lock two and just let one run. Usually I just let them work themselves out however.

fanboyslim slim already did it. Thanks anyway.

On 3/12/2020 at 7:22 PM, toocoolkellz said:

I work in the medical feild at Nashville VA. Lots of elderly people needing treatment with weak immune systems.  I work with patients who most often have cancer. My father being one of those patients and I can't see him out of fear of getting him sick. It is more serious than I initially thought 

What a conundrum! Can't even visit your own sick father. I hope, at least, that your father's treatment is going well.

6 hours ago, Myers said:

All correct. We are a wealthy area. We have extraordinary free healthcare and fantastic medical crews but we are almost at the end of our resources.  Respirators and staff are missing.  We're trying to hold on, and I hope the virus will be less aggressive in the rest of the world, especially in the poorest areas. 

The only shops actually open here are food stores and pharmacies. All others places are closed... It seems like The walking dead cities. 

Grit and grind guys, grit and grind

What a nightmare scenario. I hope it resolves soon. Take care of yourself Myers.

I'm not a huge baseball guy.....I love the rays though.....I would take that over nothing at this point.

We've had schools closed in Madrid since Wednesday, and today all stores got closed except for pharmacies and basic needs. We expect the region to be locked down during the weekend. The government is commandeering private hospitals and hotels in order to provide more hospital beds in expectation of what's to come in the next couple weeks. With luck we will be able to keep the system from being overwhelmed but the strain on health professionals and public workers is enormous.

What's definitely not an issue is food and basic supplies. With restaurants and schools closing there's actually a surplus of food. Face masks and hand sanitizer on the other hand...

21 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

We've had schools closed in Madrid since Wednesday, and today all stores got closed except for pharmacies and basic needs. We expect the region to be locked down during the weekend. The government is commandeering private hospitals and hotels in order to provide more hospital beds in expectation of what's to come in the next couple weeks. With luck we will be able to keep the system from being overwhelmed but the strain on health professionals and public workers is enormous.

What's definitely not an issue is food and basic supplies. With restaurants and schools closing there's actually a surplus of food. Face masks and hand sanitizer on the other hand...

I really hope the increase of the patients will be not like northern Italy. The pick here should be in 4-5 days, according to the doctors. You are a couple of weeks behind... 

Suerte Slim! 

2 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Shelves at supermarkets look like they've been plundered. People don't seem to understand there's not going to be a shortage of food (or toilet paper). In some places even the police have had to go to supermarkets so they could function with some semblance of normality. It's nuts.

At least all the memes are making being at home a bit less boring.

Face masks are a serious issue. They should be used only by people who really need them because of their condition and by medical staff, and they are already having trouble finding any.

53 minutes ago, Elillo said:

Shelves at supermarkets look like they've been plundered. People don't seem to understand there's not going to be a shortage of food (or toilet paper). In some places even the police have had to go to supermarkets so they could function with some semblance of normality. It's nuts.

At least all the memes are making being at home a bit less boring.

Face masks are a serious issue. They should be used only by people who really need them because of their condition and by medical staff, and they are already having trouble finding any.

I watched people crowding a big grocery store Tuesday morning at 9am, so just at opening time on a weekday. Shelves would probably be empty by mid morning. I walked into the same store Wednesday afternoon, and the store was almost empty of people but shelves fully replenished. So I bought everything I needed without swapping germs with hundreds of people.

source.gif

20 hours ago, GameOn said:

What a conundrum! Can't even visit your own sick father. I hope, at least, that your father's treatment is going well.

Yeah it is but it takes its toll unfortunately.  

21 hours ago, GameOn said:

That is definitely on my re-watch list. Do you have any link to these old games? I have League Pass, so I can easily watch games again. But a link would be helpful for those who don't have League Pass or those who didn't record games with their PVR. 

nbahdreplay just google it...and i do advise the use of adblocker.

until there is a cure for this virus , I cannot see the NB.A M.L.B, N.F.L and other sports teams being played this year , once there is a pill that cure this virus there will be no sports being played in the U,S,A 

I could see them going to a no fans regular season in April. There is a vaccine being produced. 

Pistons big man Christian Wood has tested positive for the virus.... they played the Jazz on March 7th.  Yikes