GameOn

NBA SUSPENDS SEASON UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

I cant believe this is happening. 

If the season is over......

8th place champs baby!

But July is for Summer League.....

11 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

I work in the medical feild at Nashville VA. Lots of elderly people needing treatment with weak immune systems.  I work with patients who most often have cancer. My father being one of those patients and I can't see him out of fear of getting him sick. It is more serious than I initially thought 

In Italy we're devastated. All the country is in quarantine, total lockdown is active, the deaths are now over 1000, the hospitals are struggling. 

Don't underestimate this virus, it's terrible . Stay at home, keep distance between people, wash your hands. 

All the best guys

2 hours ago, Myers said:

In Italy we're devastated. All the country is in quarantine, total lockdown is active, the deaths are now over 1000, the hospitals are struggling. 

Don't underestimate this virus, it's terrible . Stay at home, keep distance between people, wash your hands. 

All the best guys

Good to hear from you, Myers, where in Italy are you located?

9 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Good to hear from you, Myers, where in Italy are you located?

Lombardy, the worst place in Europe right now 😞

4 hours ago, Myers said:

All the best guys

You too bro, stay safe

The Masters has been put on hold and likely will be cancelled.

It is doable to run the rest of the season and have the playoffs IF this all subsides pretty quickly (meaning in a month, not a couple days or weeks).  

Push the regular season back exactly one month (so the March 12 Blazers game is April 12).

Cut back on some of the rest days in playoffs (like 1-2 days between games, not 3-5).

Move free agency and draft back 3 weeks.

HOWEVER, people need to realize that this might not get resolved in 1 month, and even if it does, any pop up return will probably mean additional closures. Also, just because it is resolved in the Southeastern part of the country, doesn't mean all is good in Portland, Toronto, and NY.

People need to think of this like a long cold winter (ie a long season with limited movement and activity), not a hurricane that's going to hit and be gone.  Of course, it will be difficult to think of this as a long cold winter in Memphis when I'm cutting my grass in 98 degree heat.

4 hours ago, Myers said:

All the best guys

Is there anything you wished you had stocked up on before this hit?

The joke around here is there's been a run on toilet paper and water (which I get because they don't expire or go bad), but what would you say?

15 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

The joke around here is there's been a run on toilet paper and water (which I get because they don't expire or go bad), but what would you say?

Medical /surgical masks, absolutely . These s**t are like gold right now, but it's  a very important item to wear when you are around other people. 

Then... Rubber gloves and Amukine (or something like that) for disinfect. 

18 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Well, the NCAA tourney has been officially cancelled. They are doing the right thing. If these precautions are taken and nothing happens, people will complain. If no precautions are taken and there is a high number of deaths, people will complain ("why didn't the do something or cancel the games?"). If they kept these events and somebody's grandmother died, there would be lawsuits. They are doing the right thing no matter how frustrating it may be ton s as sports fans. These athletes are people too and interact with family members and others.  It's the right thing to do.

+1

2 hours ago, Myers said:

Lombardy, the worst place in Europe right now 😞

I have the impression that we’re just a couple weeks behind you. Hopefully you’re going through the worst of it now and things will improve soon. Take care.

54 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

The Masters has been put on hold and likely will be cancelled.

The list of cancellations is going exponential.

Btw chip, we have  3 separate threads on the go re:  the suspended season. Would one of the mods be able to merge these threads into one? Thanks.

My daughter is a teacher (👍) in the Greater Toronto Area and a Raptors fan (👎). Anyway, they start their normal 1 week March Break tomorrow. She told me yesterday, that the break has been extended for 2 more weeks for a total of 3 weeks, due to (you guessed it) the covid-19 virus. This is applying to all publicly funded schools in the province of Ontario.

If you have school age kids, you should have a plan in place, since it's probably just a matter of time before ALL schools and colleges are closed temporarily. Although you may end up working from home as well, which solves the problem of child care.

12 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

To bring it back to the team for a moment, has anyone heard if the Grizzlies players and staff who were in that Jazz plane have been tested, or are going to be tested, for the virus?

I'm sure ALL NBA players will be tested. The whole Raptors team/staff have now been tested and are awaiting results.

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I stocked up 2 weeks ago (TP/food/water) when the stock market started dropping and talk of the virus escalated. If YOU haven't stocked up yet, get a 1 month supply of the basics (TP/paper towels/tissues/water) and buy canned meat, canned fruit and canned vegetables (or vegetable soup). By "canned", I mean metal cans or food in glass containers. Don't forget some "comfort" foods, which can really help your mood if things escalate.One of my favorite comfort foods is chocolate covered almonds. 

Yes, stocking up will bite into your monthly budget, but your grocery bill will be less once you start consuming your stocked up items. In a worst case scenario, what would you do if food was not available (due to supply shortages or grocery stores temporarily closing to protect the health of their employees?). Do it NOW. Nobody knows how this virus thing is going to play out.

News reports are stating that President Trump will have a press conference at 3 PM today, to supposedly declare a National State of Emergency.

News reports are stating that President Trump will have a press conference at 3 PM today, to supposedly declare a National State of Emergency.

11 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

I cant believe this is happening. 

If the season is over......

8th place champs baby!

Grizzlies get Sweet 16 banners.

Although with our luck, they don’t play college basketball NEXT SEASON either and Boston gets our pick in a TRIPLE DRAFT.

I mean Penny vs. NCAA??? Might need to clear the room for awhile.

#UpInSmoke

Chances are that you will not find any N-95 masks. Check paint or hardware stores for N-100 respirators. They are more bulky and much more expensive but are better and are not one time use like the masks. 

My wife bought a bread maker and a few bags of flour and other ingredients needed. Stocked up with canned soup, pasta, tuna fish, things that we use anyway and keep well. Bought over the counter flu meds just in case. Gator aid as well.

Don't forget pet food.

The Lombardy region in Italy where Myers is has been devastated. They have some of the best health care in the world and can't keep up. Thousands of health care workers have gotten the virus making it even worse. Take a minute and google it because it will probably get like that in places in the U.S..

Don't panic. Don't hoard - get what you will need. Be safe friends.

52 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Dude... somebody tell Biff Hoover that I was just kidding about posting a new #NCAAvirus Mother of All Big Boards.

1 hour ago, Father Pat said:

The Lombardy region in Italy where Myers is has been devastated. They have some of the best health care in the world and can't keep up. Thousands of health care workers have gotten the virus making it even worse. Take a minute and google it because it will probably get like that in places in the U.S..

Don't panic. Don't hoard - get what you will need. Be safe friends.

All correct. We are a wealthy area. We have extraordinary free healthcare and fantastic medical crews but we are almost at the end of our resources.  Respirators and staff are missing.  We're trying to hold on, and I hope the virus will be less aggressive in the rest of the world, especially in the poorest areas. 

The only shops actually open here are food stores and pharmacies. All others places are closed... It seems like The walking dead cities. 

Grit and grind guys, grit and grind

35 minutes ago, Myers said:

All correct. We are a wealthy area. We have extraordinary free healthcare and fantastic medical crews but we are almost at the end of our resources.  Respirators and staff are missing.  We're trying to hold on, and I hope the virus will be less aggressive in the rest of the world, especially in the poorest areas. 

The only shops actually open here are food stores and pharmacies. All others places are closed... It seems like The walking dead cities. 

Grit and grind guys, grit and grind

Thank you for taking time to post here during such a hard time for you. I'm sure that your insightful and calm posts have helped some here as many in the states don't yet understand how bad things could get.

I'm sure that everyone here are wishing you and your loved ones the best. Thanks again Myers and God bless.

Yes, God Bless and God Speed to all those effected by this directly and indirectly.    At times like these i am grateful to have GrizzNation family with so many people from different backgrounds, locales,  and perspectives.