GameOn

NBA SUSPENDS SEASON UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

4 hours ago, KyleB said:

They will lock in all 15 other seeds but for the 8th in the West there will be a four team play-in tournament between the Grizz, Kings, Pels, and Blazers. Pels will have the top seed in the play-in tourney despite not having the best record. All games to be played in New Orleans and New Orleans will be spotted a 10 point lead and will start each half in every game already in the double bonus.

Oops.  I posted without seeing this.  Yeah I think we get a playoff and some byes. 

6 teams getting byes with 7-10 in mini playoffs or five game series or even one and done would be fine with me!

Then do five game series except for the finals which will be 7 games.

In that scenario, assuming we don’t get Ja/Zion in the mini playoff I think we could get the Alt Grind All Stars vs. Zombie Zion in the Western Conference Finals.

21 minutes ago, KyleB said:

That Jazz pick looking better and better.

I think the Las Vegas Jazz are gonna be pretty good next year.

Memorial Day Weekend play-in 5 game series playoffs between teams 7-10.  

5 game second round. 5 game conference Finals. 7 game Finals.  

expand the league 2 teams. Las Vegas and Seattle.  The league needs a few billion in cash ASAP.

Maybe tweak their rules. Get rid of one-and-done.  hit the ground running next year.  Maybe start the year a bit later.  

2 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

That was pretty stupid and tone deaf on Rudy’s part, but for all they know he could have caught it from Mitchell, or both from some random towel boy at practice.

Yep. Rudy messed up but the whole thing was a disaster waiting to happen.  

I think they could postpone this thing until June 1st (straight to playoffs) but after that I think it is over.  

Grizz had a fun, really good/great, memorable year, so... whatever.

2 minutes ago, cdp said:

down goes the nhl......

What about the NCAA tournament?  Still mad at those dudes regarding the whole Wiseman thing.

14 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

You don't live in Asia so you are not taking this seriously. 

I live in Singapore and we have to take our temperatures twice daily if we are in the office. We have to record our travel declarations every Monday regardless of if we travel. My office is on two rotations. One team works from home and one from the office which we rotate weekly so if one person contracts the virus it doesn't shut the whole company down. There are screenings Everywhere. 

Yes, most of those who succumbs to the virus are the elderly or people with weaker immune systems, but that doesn't mean All healthy people recovers. Even the initial whistle blower a young doctor succumbed to the virus. 

Also because of how contagious this virus is and the contact that Rudy has had over the last few weeks as an NBA player, it is unlikely that he is the only person within his vicinity to contact it. Meaning fans, trainers, stadium crews, friends and family. 

This is real. People joking about it or defending the joker are living in a bubble. 

Thanks for posting this Teddy.B.

This should be required reading for everyone here.

Some posters have said, correctly, that NBA players are healthy and therefore will not succumb.  But these young players probably have come in contact with older (over 60) people who are more susceptible to dying from the virus--parents, fans, and so on.  The players also have probably come in contact with young people in poor health or with their immune systems temporarily compromised.

My point is that NBA players who have tested positive, while in danger, are not as threatened as those with whom they have come in contact.  Moreover, NBA players have been in contact with many people, so the virus gets spread that way.  We also don't have adequate testing available.   So the situation will get worse.

Well, the NCAA tourney has been officially cancelled. They are doing the right thing. If these precautions are taken and nothing happens, people will complain. If no precautions are taken and there is a high number of deaths, people will complain ("why didn't the do something or cancel the games?"). If they kept these events and somebody's grandmother died, there would be lawsuits. They are doing the right thing no matter how frustrating it may be ton s as sports fans. These athletes are people too and interact with family members and others.  It's the right thing to do.

I work in the medical feild at Nashville VA. Lots of elderly people needing treatment with weak immune systems.  I work with patients who most often have cancer. My father being one of those patients and I can't see him out of fear of getting him sick. It is more serious than I initially thought 

From what I’m seeing we will be trying to isolate the virus in homes. Someone said the best thing to do if you think you have it is to call your local physician for a test kit. 

wont have many until a week or two from now. 

stay home, isolate. 

2 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

I work in the medical feild at Nashville VA. Lots of elderly people needing treatment with weak immune systems.  I work with patients who most often have cancer. My father being one of those patients and I can't see him out of fear of getting him sick. It is more serious than I initially thought 

Take care of him and your family .

2 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

From what I’m seeing we will be trying to isolate the virus in homes. Someone said the best thing to do if you think you have it is to call your local physician for a test kit. 

wont have many until a week or two from now. 

stay home, isolate. 

I also want to add one more thing:  get some rest and sleep.

Keep as healthy as immune system as possible, and ample sleep is an important part of that.

(and eating healthier and exercise will help you sleep better)

5 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Well, the NCAA tourney has been officially cancelled. They are doing the right thing. If these precautions are taken and nothing happens, people will complain. If no precautions are taken and there is a high number of deaths, people will complain ("why didn't the do something or cancel the games?"). If they kept these events and somebody's grandmother died, there would be lawsuits. They are doing the right thing no matter how frustrating it may be ton s as sports fans. These athletes are people too and interact with family members and others.  It's the right thing to do.

Plus they travel constantly all over the country. Great way to spread the virus if players were infected.

To bring it back to the team for a moment, has anyone heard if the Grizzlies players and staff who were in that Jazz plane have been tested, or are going to be tested, for the virus?

Interview with Adam Silver today. He thinks that if this situation can be sorted out in the next 4-6 weeks, then the NBA could resume regular season play and the playoffs. Yes the finals would get pushed into mid to late July, but he thinks that is doable. 

Fingers Crossed. There is some hope ... 

Interview with Adam Silver today. He thinks that if this situation can be sorted out in the next 4-6 weeks, then the NBA could resume regular season play and the playoffs. Yes the finals would get pushed into mid to late July, but he thinks that is doable. 

2 hours ago, GameOn said:

I hope so. That would be great!  Would be a really fun playoffs.