GameOn

NBA SUSPENDS SEASON UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

27 minutes ago, Ace-is-high said:

No, I went up there for 2 days last week, feel nervous waiting for symptoms.. drove the I-90 turnpike and the toll booth guy I handed money to was coughing, not wearing latex gloves, sheets getting real

I have a friend up in Albany county (NY) that couldn't get N-95 masks that he needed for construction (putting in insulation) because they were sold out so I sent him a box. That was January 31st. 

Hope you are OK. 

1 hour ago, toocoolkellz said:

Now I just need a rifle 

Unlike hand sanitizer we got plenty of those. I wouldn’t advise against picking one or three up

The NBA should probably take a month off then decide if they can do the playoffs at some point.  I think they could push off the start of the playoffs until early June but that’s probably cutting it close.  

2 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

You don't live in Asia so you are not taking this seriously. 

I live in Singapore and we have to take our temperatures twice daily if we are in the office. We have to record our travel declarations every Monday regardless of if we travel. My office is on two rotations. One team works from home and one from the office which we rotate weekly so if one person contracts the virus it doesn't shut the whole company down. There are screenings Everywhere. 

Yes, most of those who succumbs to the virus are the elderly or people with weaker immune systems, but that doesn't mean All healthy people recovers. Even the initial whistle blower a young doctor succumbed to the virus. 

Also because of how contagious this virus is and the contact that Rudy has had over the last few weeks as an NBA player, it is unlikely that he is the only person within his vicinity to contact it. Meaning fans, trainers, stadium crews, friends and family. 

This is real. People joking about it or defending the joker are living in a bubble. 

Hi Teddy, i live  and manage company in Bangkok  and we have almost the same level of protection in our company.  Keep safe and all the best to my friend Singaporean.

1 minute ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

All of you guys, stay safe. keep an eye on our olders and hopefully in one month, NBA start again with PO !!!

Yep. Hopefully the NBA starts back but who knows.  We had a great year anyway. No matter what.  

co MVPs for Giannis/LeBron.

co ROTY for Ja/Zion.

Wow. It might really be playoffs or bust for us.  If they suspend action for more than a month or two the odds of the season being over are probably 100%.

4 hours ago, Subliminal said:

Unlike hand sanitizer we got plenty of those. I wouldn’t advise against picking one or three up

I have a shotgun and a few pistols but no rifle 

9 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I guess we'll hold on to the 8 spot for awhile.

Funny enough, Ira Windermann tweeted that all of the playoff positions are determined except for the 8th seed in the West. I tweeted him back and blasted him saying the Grizz are in the 8th seed and 3.5 games up....and now i'm in Twitter jail. Granted, I did use some colorful language, but I found it ridiculous for him to single out the Grizz like that. It's almost as if he (and other media) want Zion in the playoffs so bad they will form their own narrative.

The standings are the standings and the Grizz are in the 8th. Let it be. Even the magic are only 5.5 games up from the 9th slot in the East, that's not decided yet. 

8 hours ago, Subliminal said:

sorry to repost but there’s multiple threads

That makes no sense, the Utah/OKC game was last night, the Grizz last played 2 nights ago and it was a home game.

Just now, KyleB said:

Ah, that makes sense.

Yeah I didnt know they shared planes like that until now. No wonder they had to shutdown. 

There's a lot of conflicting information out there, but I'd encourage everyone to read this article. We've mostly been comfortable thinking that if you're young and healthy, you'll only get a mild form of COVID-19. But "mild" doesn't mean what we typically think of:

"The best possible monitoring and communication will nonetheless prove vital to determining who needs hospital beds in the midst of a rapidly spreading, temperamental disease. Without it, to simply tell people to “stay at home if you’re sick” will be inadequate. Most cases of COVID-19 are reportedly “mild,” but that term can be misleading. As the World Health Organization adviser Bruce Aylward clarified last week, a “mild” case of COVID-19 is not equivalent to a mild cold. Expect it to be much worse: fever and coughing, sometimes pneumonia—anything short of requiring oxygen. “Severe” cases require supplemental oxygen, sometimes via a breathing tube and a ventilator. “Critical” cases involve “respiratory failure or multi-organ failure.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/03/where-do-you-go-if-you-get-coronavirus/607759/

If you can at all work from home, you probably should be at this point. My heart goes out to those at greatest risk and those who can't afford to work from home.

11 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

This is a serious situation.

On the sporting side I hope they leave the playoff seeds as is and start the playoffs after the hiatus is over

They will lock in all 15 other seeds but for the 8th in the West there will be a four team play-in tournament between the Grizz, Kings, Pels, and Blazers. Pels will have the top seed in the play-in tourney despite not having the best record. All games to be played in New Orleans and New Orleans will be spotted a 10 point lead and will start each half in every game already in the double bonus.

10 hours ago, Back2Grizzness said:

What they did in China (locking people in their homes, etc) will not be done in free countries imo. 

One of the hotspots in Spain was centered on a village where 60 people (half the national cases at that time) got infected after attending a funeral. The local government told them and their families to stay in self isolation but when they started to ignore the order police was deployed and locked the village down. 

Most US states have laws regarding quarantines. Don’t doubt that when SHTF they will implement that type of measures. Surely not at China’s scale, but expect especially hard hit areas to have some degree of movement restrictions.

8 hours ago, Subliminal said:

i may or may not envision a Mad Max scenario playing out

Incoming travel should have been cut off two months ago.  For a US citizen to return they should have been tested. 

Donovan Mitchell tests positive for coronavirus

11:03 PM CT
  • ESPN

Utah Jazz star Donovan Mitchell has tested positive for the coronavirus, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Mitchell becomes the second Jazz player to contract the virus, along with Rudy Gobert, sources told Wojnarowski. Gobert's diagnosis led to the postponement of Wednesday's game against the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Jazz players are privately saying that Gobert showed a cavalier attitude toward the virus with his teammates in the locker room, touching them and their belongings.

Another example of Gobert's attitude stems from Monday's media availability, when he was seen touching every reporters' microphone at the end of his session.

****This is going to cause resentment in that locker room and destroy the Jazz. 

7 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Hi Teddy, i live  and manage company in Bangkok  and we have almost the same level of protection in our company.  Keep safe and all the best to my friend Singaporean.

You take care out there. 

11 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

• ESPN

Utah Jazz star Donovan Mitchell has tested positive for the coronavirus, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Mitchell becomes the second Jazz player to contract the virus, along with Rudy Gobert, sources told Wojnarowski. Gobert's diagnosis led to the postponement of Wednesday's game against the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Jazz players are privately saying that Gobert showed a cavalier attitude toward the virus with his teammates in the locker room, touching them and their belongings.

Another example of Gobert's attitude stems from Monday's media availability, when he was seen touching every reporters' microphone at the end of his session.

That was pretty stupid and tone deaf on Rudy’s part, but for all they know he could have caught it from Mitchell, or both from some random towel boy at practice.

1 hour ago, I❤️JV said:

Do not worry NBA and all Sporting events will be suspended this year...this is going to get bad very soon.

for YOU it's going to get bad just AS soon.

I'm leaving this post here - in the open.

WE - collective.

Every member of this board that has posted here has been responsible for

the quality of information and the sharing of ideas

WE have worked extremely hard to NOT let this board get as nasty, mean, ignorant and just plain old terrible as the comment sections of the World Wide Web.

You - singular. I will ban you - no more warnings.

-toke

57 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

That was pretty stupid and tone deaf on Rudy’s part, but for all they know he could have caught it from Mitchell, or both from some random towel boy at practice.

True, but apparently Rudy was in contact with travelers from France just a few days ago that may have been positive and not known it. 

I know it's maybe a little bit unfair to single out Rudy right now, because the truth is the virus would have probably found it's way to NBA players eventually at some point anyway.  But it's one thing to just not buy into the initial hype surrounding the virus... I know I am guilty of that... but it's another thing entirely to openly and publicly mock and defy the recommendations of professionals, which is what Rudy was doing.  I know he's young, and we all make mistakes, and I'm not saying this is all his fault or anything like that... but man, he sure does deserve any ridicule that might be coming his way, especially from teammates and those close to him.

I think they can go straight to the playoffs by June 1. After that, it’s over.  

If they wanna do some more regular season games?  **** that! Then mid Mayish?

Maybe they do 5 game series the whole way. Or even byes.  

If they want Zion so bad (for real though Zombie Zion would be awesome) then I could live with a play-in 5 game series or even a 3 game series for the 8th seed.  

top 6 teams in each conference get byes, then 7-10 play five game series for the 7th and 8th seeds. That would be more than fair.  You can probably start that June 1st. 

2 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

• ESPN

That Jazz pick looking better and better.