GameOn

NBA SUSPENDS SEASON UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

10 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

You serious!? 

This virus has killed thousands, Rudy just contacted it and you are making off colour jokes? 

Everyone has loved ones including NBA players and they are probably worried as can be. 

#NoClass 

It isn't very dangerous for a young healthy person to get it. There is a high risk he could spread it to someone who would be at major risk, but Gobert is likely just fine. 

24 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

But this is serious issue for sure. I just inform all my staff at the company that they will have to make a temparature control every morning before entering company..Just buy the machine this morning...if any issue, i wil send them to hospital to testing and use company insurance. I know it may seems a bit too much but better safe than sorry .... 

It's the right thing to do. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure", as we used to say way back when.

14 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

You serious!? 

This virus has killed thousands, Rudy just contacted it and you are making off colour jokes? 

Everyone has loved ones including NBA players and they are probably worried as can be. 

#NoClass 

37 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

I'm with you but don't think the playoffs will happen. It will be months before things get better with covid-19. Players contracts will be up before the conclusion of the playoffs if they begin after the virus problem. Just highly doubt it now.

If it gets postponed longer than a month or so then it will likely be canceled.  

Trying to keep this on basketball, if that is harsh, so be it.  It isn't to diminish the seriousness of the CoronaVirus, but if you've been watching the news, you know that.

Supposedly this isn't like a lockout/strike because teams are still going to be doing team activities during the suspension (all this could change tomorrow or by Saturday).

This isn't bad for the Grizzlies if it means a couple weeks of practice with Winslow and JJJ working together.

For the rest of us, stay home as much as possible and check on your parents.

14 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

You serious!? 

#NoClass 

The NBA players will be fine. They are in excellent physical condition. The vast majority of people that got the virus, have recovered. The people dying are almost all 80+ years old that also have other serious health issues (diabetes, heart disease, etc). I don't think ALT GRIND was trying to poke fun at anyone (except Rudy). Touchy subject, I know.  

2 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

this.

3 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

This isn't bad for the Grizzlies if it means a couple weeks of practice with Winslow and JJJ working together.

this too

5 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Trying to keep this on basketball, if that is harsh, so be it.  It isn't to diminish the seriousness of the CoronaVirus, but if you've been watching the news, you know that.

Supposedly this isn't like a lockout/strike because teams are still going to be doing team activities during the suspension (all this could change tomorrow or by Saturday).

I don't think there will be ANY team activities until all players get tested. 

Good advice Grizzled Vet.

28 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

There is a whole lot of money being “left on the table” with the NCAA right at March Madness... NBA playoffs rolling around, Soccer and Baseball... concerts - basically every event that involves a crowd is done for now.

I thought this would kind of breeze through for a quick minute but it appears that this may be just the beginning.

Seeing what the NBA has just done, I wonder if the NCAA will just cancel March Madness totally.

24 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

They'll probably shorten the playoffs to the top four in each conference and knock out the Grizzlies.

Or maybe they can shorten each series to best of 3 games instead of 7?

31 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

There is a whole lot of money being “left on the table” with the NCAA right at March Madness... NBA playoffs rolling around, Soccer and Baseball... concerts - basically every event that involves a crowd is done for now.

I thought this would kind of breeze through for a quick minute but it appears that this may be just the beginning.

I know, everyday we keep hearing about more and more cancellations. This is going to be chaos.

14 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Definitely just the beginning.

We are all friends here, so I say as I would to any friend that it just got real. Odds are that it will effect all of us, directly or indirectly. Keep our heads, don't panic, but make sure you can weather the coming storm. Have a couple weeks food minimum. Check out the CDC website for more info. Keep an eye on what's going on in Italy as they are a few weeks edit: 10 days ahead of us with the virus and the problems it is causing. Be safe friends.

3 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

sorry to repost but there’s multiple threads

O wow the NBA should of done something sooner.

The Italian soccer league got hit hard a few days ago they should of seen this coming.

4 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

sorry to repost but there’s multiple threads

Gobert is the fall guy but it coulda been anyone.  Man and some of those coaches are getting up there in age.  

Seriously though, do the Grizzlies get a Sweet 16 banner???

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Some of it is election bs. Not the virus though. 

At this point it's hard to see any statements made as being an over reaction 

1 hour ago, GameOn said:

I think the panic buying is not just because of the virus, but also because of the stock market tanking and because of talk about supply chain interruptions. WOW, so many things happening at 

Good advice,  especially if one gets the virus... they'll be going through alot of toilet paper 

Just now, Ace-is-high said:

Good advice,  especially if one gets the virus... they'll be going through alot of toilet paper 

Ace, you still in N.Y.?

Just now, Ace-is-high said:

At this point it's hard to see any statements made as being an over reaction 

#BernieVirus was more of a a reaction LAST week. This week it is about #NCAAvirus and me trying to get them to cancel the tournament if the Memphis Tigers don’t get in — and now the NBA/Rudy Gobert stuff.  ... if the season is suspended longer than a few weeks then I think it is basically gonna be over for the year.  I think if they get back then they do the playoffs and that’s it. I am sure the Pelicans will “win” the draft lottery too.  Knicks get the second pick in a zero player draft.

15 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

You don't live in Asia so you are not taking this seriously. 

I live in Singapore and we have to take our temperatures twice daily if we are in the office. We have to record our travel declarations every Monday regardless of if we travel. My office is on two rotations. One team works from home and one from the office which we rotate weekly so if one person contracts the virus it doesn't shut the whole company down. There are screenings Everywhere. 

Yes, most of those who succumbs to the virus are the elderly or people with weaker immune systems, but that doesn't mean All healthy people recovers. Even the initial whistle blower a young doctor succumbed to the virus. 

Also because of how contagious this virus is and the contact that Rudy has had over the last few weeks as an NBA player, it is unlikely that he is the only person within his vicinity to contact it. Meaning fans, trainers, stadium crews, friends and family. 

This is real. People joking about it or defending the joker are living in a bubble. 

1 hour ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

I agree. In Asia, things are going better already 2 months after the start. IF we consider that Europe start to care about the problem 2 weeks ago and US this week, we can expect a back to normal situation in 2 to 3 months. Will be it too late to finish  the season? 

President Trump announced tonight on nationwide TV, a 30 day travel ban from Europe to USA, starting Friday at midnight. This ban does not apply to the UK.

I hope we can at least have some playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Ace, you still in N.Y.?

No, I went up there for 2 days last week, feel nervous waiting for symptoms.. drove the I-90 turnpike and the toll booth guy I handed money to was coughing, not wearing latex gloves, sheets getting real

22 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Definitely just the beginning.

We are all friends here, so I say as I would to any friend that it just got real. Odds are that it will effect all of us, directly or indirectly. Keep our heads, don't panic, but make sure you can weather the coming storm. Have a couple weeks food minimum. Check out the CDC website for more info. Keep an eye on what's going on in Italy as they are a few weeks ahead of us with the virus and the problems it is causing. Be safe friends.

Good advice.

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. And stay alert and calm. This too shall pass.