GameOn

NBA SUSPENDS SEASON UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

44 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Sunday night the FDA issued emergency authorization for the use of the Hydroxychloroquine treatment for Covid-19. So any doctor that has hospitalized patients can now prescribe the treatment. Previous to the FDA approval, you had to be part of a clinical trial to get the treatment. Within 1-2 weeks, there is going to be MUCH more data on the efficacy of this treatment. Fingers still crossed.

That's good news.

Everyone talks their book and has their own narrative, but I think Cinco de Mayo would be a good "soft re-opening date" for Fortress America.  Maybe get things ramping up 100% by early June.

They could start the NBA playoffs by early June.  Have the draft on August 1st.  With the Las Vegas Summer League after that.  Tell the Commish that we HAVE a tournament already -- it's the Las Vegas summer league.  

P.S.  You can also tinker with the start of next season.  Some are saying Christmas Day but I think that is too far off.  A week or two after the election might be a better idea, but you can also go with a protracted 68 game season (Social Distancing defeats back-to-backs).

21 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

That's good news.

Everyone talks their book and has their own narrative, but I think Cinco de Mayo would be a good "soft re-opening date" for Fortress America.  Maybe get things ramping up 100% by early June.

They could start the NBA playoffs by early June.  Have the draft on August 1st.  With the Las Vegas Summer League after that.  Tell the Commish that we HAVE a tournament already -- it's the Las Vegas summer league.  

P.S.  You can also tinker with the start of next season.  Some are saying Christmas Day but I think that is too far off.  A week or two after the election might be a better idea, but you can also go with a protracted 68 game season (Social Distancing defeats back-to-backs).

Africa

With the national social distancing guidelines being extended until at least April 30th, I think it’s time to for the NBA to throw in the towel on this season. Even if you go straight to the Playoffs, there wouldn’t be enough time to make the logistics happen. Not to mention, even if they were able to start playing in May, they would probably forbid fans out of an abundance of caution.

It’s just not worth it at this point.  

15 minutes ago, GTG said:

With the national social distancing guidelines being extended until at least April 30th, I think it’s time to for the NBA to throw in the towel on this season. Even if you go straight to the Playoffs, there wouldn’t be enough time to make the logistics happen. Not to mention, even if they were able to start playing in May, they would probably forbid fans out of an abundance of caution.

if that's the case , i'm very happy our Grizzlies finish in the top 8 great season , bright future 

2 hours ago, GTG said:

At this point (only 2.5 weeks into the hiatus), I would be happy to see ANY new NBA games.

Also it would be great for the young guys to get a taste of the playoffs, which would help for next season.

And probably most of you haven't seen JV in "playoff beast mode". Jega on steroids! 💪💪💪

I think season is over.........which is quite sad, as our Grizz were probably going into PO, It should have been so exciting to see our team against the  fakers....stay safe and go Grizz !!!

23 hours ago, GameOn said:

Has your other half already been tested?

Not yet, she got some case in her building 6 days ago. She is okay now with no symptoms but still have to wait another 8-9 days before beeing clear. And she will probably make a test next week...what a mess...

4 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Not yet, she got some case in her building 6 days ago. She is okay now with no symptoms but still have to wait another 8-9 days before beeing clear. And she will probably make a test next week...what a mess...

Wow. That's got be be nerve wracking, having to wait that long for a result.

9 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

I think season is over.........which is quite sad, as our Grizz were probably going into PO, It should have been so exciting to see our team against the  fakers....stay safe and go Grizz !!!

I wouldn't write off the season just yet. The CDC said that they expect the peak of the "curve" to happen in mid April. After the peak, we go downhill. The question is how fast can we get down that slope. The other question is, at what point in the downhill slope do we start going back to normal living, because I don't believe that the virus will ever be completely eradicated. Go Grizzlies.

13 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

This a function of more testing. Not trying to ignore the severity of it but I think Memphis like the rest of the U.S. has done more testing in the past few days than the previous weeks combined or something. Obviously people need to take precautions but I think the numbers we are seeing is because we are having more tests done and detecting it more. 

True, more testing equals more diagnosis, and that's probably why the US is showing pretty quick growth of confirmed cases but it's also shows how this virus can spread pretty quickly. Memphis seems to be the normal growth pattern, and Nashville's is a little more unusual.  They've been a steady 22-30 new cases a day, but Memphis started well behind and has shot past them.

5 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

True, more testing equals more diagnosis, and that's probably why the US is showing pretty quick growth of confirmed cases but it's also shows how this virus can spread pretty quickly. Memphis seems to be the normal growth pattern, and Nashville's is a little more unusual.  They've been a steady 22-30 new cases a day, but Memphis started well behind and has shot past them.

What's the population of Memphis vs Nashville?

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess. I won't be watching

Would rather clean my attic on a Friday than watch this. 

Yeah, that is absolutely ridiculous.  I'm guessing if Zion wasn't on one of the teams in the hunt for the eighth seed they'd just cancel the rest of the season and go straight to the playoffs. 

4 hours ago, Dwash said:

Would rather clean my attic on a Friday than watch this. 

E Sports are a thing 

5 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Yeah, that is absolutely ridiculous.  I'm guessing if Zion wasn't on one of the teams in the hunt for the eighth seed they'd just cancel the rest of the season and go straight to the playoffs. 

I think they need 70 games to get a huge cut of TV revenue. 

19 hours ago, Father Pat said:

Projected covid-19 deaths in Tennessee are expected to peak on April 27th, and bottom out on June 2nd.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections 

(click on "United States of America" in green bar and scroll down to whichever state you want to view.)

For the NBA that would be cutting it close.  Memorial Day Weekend into the first couple of weeks in June would be their opportunity to ‘reset’ the league.  Probably the same with everything else.  Then fully ramp up by 4th of July.

26 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

For the NBA that would be cutting it close.  Memorial Day Weekend into the first couple of weeks in June would be their opportunity to ‘reset’ the league.  Probably the same with everything else.  Then fully ramp up by 4th of July.

With deaths from the virus projected until mid July in this country, I just don't see any way to realistically salvage this season. It just isn't happening. I believe that the best we can hope for is next season starting on time, or near time. Heck, there is a chance of the virus hitting with a "2nd wave". When large gatherings are finally allowed again, there is a good chance that at least initially there will be a requirement of everyone wearing masks. The CDC telling the public to wear masks will be the first step, which will be happening in the next few weeks.

21 hours ago, Father Pat said:

Projected covid-19 deaths in Tennessee are expected to peak on April 27th, and bottom out on June 2nd.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections 

(click on "United States of America" in green bar and scroll down to whichever state you want to view.)

Note that the model assumes there are social distancing measures put in place until the end of May. There are many states where there aren't any measures (or very limited ones), and there are many states with such measures but not a lot of compliance. I think expecting a peak in April is extremely optimistic, unrealistic even.

The season is toast, I'm afraid.

15 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Note that the model assumes there are social distancing measures put in place until the end of May. There are many states where there aren't any measures (or very limited ones), and there are many states with such measures but not a lot of compliance. I think expecting a peak in April is extremely optimistic, unrealistic even.

The season is toast, I'm afraid.

I feels LIFES are more  important then money , these players and owners are rich, end the season , and start up next nov 

just think , our Grizzlies are playing a very important game if we win were in the play-off and the game is some where in lowa with no one in the stands and we lose , and that game would have been played in Memphis 

end this season and lets watch the N.F,L  draft GO LIONS

if I we’re king for a day....

NBA resumes starting the 3rd week of May. They play an average of 3 games/week to get to 71 games. Playoffs start in the first week of June with a best of 5, 5, 7, 7 format. Season ends late July. 

New season starts Christmas Day starting this year and from now on. Season ends with the finals played in late July or early August every year and back to backs are eliminated or at least further reduced. We keep the best of 5 1st round series. No more black hole for sports fans, and the NBA gets its own dedicated time to shine.