GameOn

NBA SUSPENDS SEASON UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

16 hours ago, Subliminal said:

In huge fight w my girlfriend bc she’s sneezing and coughing sleeping in my bed all day while I was gone taking care of necessary ish. Nasty snot rags all over my room. I asked if I could maybe wash the sheets and she freaks out on me saying I don’t want to be with her anymore. Not to air out all my problems on the Grizz forum, but what is the @$%#ing etiquette here? She has her own room. Is it too much to try to not get sick living with girlfriend and roommates? I’m disinfecting every surface constantly, changing/washing clothes constantly and she’s here treating my room like her own personal triage. Am i the a$$hole??

Denver has more than 1 girl, right? Then tell her to take a hike. You should not have to put up with this BS.

2 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Denver has more than 1 girl, right? Then tell her to take a hike. You should not have to put up with this BS.

Kinda hard to do when she lives here. I did tell her to take a hike to her room though. 

14 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

the mental affects of this outbreak is going to be alot worst than the physical.

I just read a news report that a 19 y.o. girl in the UK committed suicide. She was self-isolating and terrified that she was going to die from the virus. 

As more data and information about the virus becomes available, my opinion is that our reaction to the virus is way out proportion to the threat. Plus more stories are emerging of people that were seriously ill, overcoming the virus with the hydroxychloroquine therapy. Just DON'T drink aquarium cleaner, OK? Keep your eye on NY State, because they were supposed to begin using the hydroxychloroquine therapy on Tuesday. 

12 hours ago, Subliminal said:

They both bad but agreed. Not to mention economics

Yeah, 3.3 million jobless claims in the last week. 

Interview with Coach Taylor Jenkins, today on the Chris Vernon show (starts at 32:30). TJ talks about what's he has been doing during  the hiatus and also about the games played so far and some comments about individual players. The interview is 36:00 minutes long:

25 minutes ago, GameOn said:

As more data and information about the virus becomes available, my opinion is that our reaction to the virus is way out proportion to the threat. Plus more stories are emerging of people that were seriously ill, overcoming the virus with the hydroxychloroquine therapy. Just DON'T drink aquarium cleaner, OK? Keep your eye on NY State, because they were supposed to begin using the hydroxychloroquine therapy on Tuesday. 

There's no way we will ever know. The only way we would know is if the whole world did nothing. China initially did nothing and it began to get out of control, so they started self-distancing and quarantining and got it under control, Italy did nothing and it began to get out of control. We are still in the early stages here in the U.S. i do believe if we would have started this back in early Feb that we would not be in the situation we are in now and people would not be losing jobs at the rate they are now. I lao believe if the Global Pandemic team that was axed 2 years ago was still intact that we would not be in teh situation we are in. People are dying and it's not just the elderly or very sick. Healthcare workers are dying as well. Not to mention I saw a doctor who has treated patients saying that the general public doesn't have an understanding of how bad this is once someone gets sick and it can cause permanent damage to their lungs if they survive. 

Also, it's not a matter that they thought everyone was going to die, it's a matter of it spreading around very fast and them knowing that a certain % of people would die and another certain % would be sick enough to have to put put in hospitals and they were worried about the hospital systems being overran because there are not enough beds, not enough workers and not enough equipment. We are still in the early stages of this. i hope it doesn't get any worse than it has already but I'm fine the efforts so far. it's an inconvenience but if there were more deaths, trust me, it would be way more panic than it is right now. I'm not an epidemiologist or infectious disease expert, so I'll humble myself take their word on this. Sadly, most Americans don't think the way I think cause most Americans think they are experts on everything despite the evidence to the contrary.  

20 hours ago, Subliminal said:

I’m not too worried. I’ve got four roommates. Two of them had fevers that went away. Girlfriend got sick but went away pretty quick as well. I had a dry cough the first day that the confirmed roommate felt sick first but went it went away next day. If I had to guess I’m an mostly asymptomatic carrier and I’d guess we’re all gonna be ok. Got enough good, water and stellas to not leave the house for a while. Thanks for the concern tho my Grizz brethren 🤜🤛. I’ll keep y’all posted

Crazy what the state of the forum is now, not to mention the world..

after this CRAZY stuff goes away I hope every one can try to be nicer  toward each other no more attacts 

1 hour ago, lions said:

after this CRAZY stuff goes away I hope every one can try to be nicer  toward each other no more attacts 

You talking about on the forum or just in real life? Lol

3 hours ago, Subliminal said:

You talking about on the forum or just in real life? Lol

both

Just now, Subliminal said:

I got most friendliest in 8th grade

At Lausanne. Don’t get it twisted I went to Snowden 1st-7th grade then my mom got remarried and they sent me to most expensive smallest school 

and yeah I was on the b-ball team. Think I got two garbage time free throws the whole season. We actually won the title that year. 1995..?

What the grizzlies ought to do is do is setup in each team member's home is a bank of maybe 20 monitors and computers to drive them, along with cameras, to see each other - and have video conferencing practice exercises, mental prepareness, team strategy against the other teams,  the grizzlies TOGETHER,  with the coaches directing everything,  to do exercises, keep up team atmosphere together.        And be in visual contact with each other, via daily team conferencing.

And on each monitor, put a label of the players number, and coach's name.     So the monitors would be like jerseys.     The monitor for the coach - should have a tie hanging down from it.   :)

When, NBA play resumes, the teams which have best prepared during the lull will have an advantage.     Hard to do if the players are isolated from one another.

7 hours ago, Subliminal said:

I got most friendliest in 8th grade

uhhh... I tried but ... I am unable to overlook- the use of MOST and (word here) EST! 

Did Lausanne/Snowden teach students how to grammar?!?

🤣💫💨

I’m really skeptical about the ‘loose’ way the numbers are being reported.

The positive cases can only represent people who have been tested.

I have not been tested.

I don’t even know one person in my small circle that has been tested .

Who are these people being tested even as they were ‘not exhibiting any signs’ of being infected?

What about the people that are showing symptoms and for whatever reason can’t get to a hospital? Do they just stay home ?

without being tested who is to say that they only have a bad cold? 

IF they don’t even go  ... ?

At what point should they go to the ER?

Is there anything the hospital can do other than say try to eat something like soup and crackers and drink Gatorade ( pay me for this endorsement 😉) to stay hydrated?

IF I just show up at the hospital and request a test - how will they handle it?

Also ... these health reports come really close to HIPPA type issues , right?

“I am not a doctor nor do I play one on tv”

- I am toke and I approve this message

10 hours ago, Subliminal said:

At Lausanne. Don’t get it twisted I went to Snowden 1st-7th grade then my mom got remarried and they sent me to most expensive smallest school 

and yeah I was on the b-ball team. Think I got two garbage time free throws the whole season. We actually won the title that year. 1995..?

I went to Snowden 7th-9th grades. Go Greenies (or did they change it to GreenDogs or something?)

3 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

uhhh... I tried but ... I am unable to overlook- the use of MOST and (word here) EST! 

Did Lausanne/Snowden teach students how to grammar?!?

🤣💫💨

Must have been Lausanne. We know not to use double superlatives at Snowden. 

9 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I’m really skeptical about the ‘loose’ way the numbers are being reported.

The positive cases can only represent people who have been tested.

I have not been tested.

I don’t even know one person in my small circle that has been tested .

Who are these people being tested even as they were ‘not exhibiting any signs’ of being infected?

What about the people that are showing symptoms and for whatever reason can’t get to a hospital? Do they just stay home ?

without being tested who is to say that they only have a bad cold? 

IF they don’t even go  ... ?

At what point should they go to the ER?

Is there anything the hospital can do other than say try to eat something like soup and crackers and drink Gatorade ( pay me for this endorsement 😉) to stay hydrated?

IF I just show up at the hospital and request a test - how will they handle it?

Also ... these health reports come really close to HIPPA type issues , right?

“I am not a doctor nor do I play one on tv”

- I am toke and I approve this message

the mind can make the body sick...for the last month all you have heard is that the main symptoms of the virus is a cough...every human in history sick and healthy coughs on a regular...so now you got a whol.e nation of people that are afraid of coughing...have you seen the line of people in NY to going in the hospital...they are just standing there chilling..physially they dont look very sick...i said before the mental affect is going to alot worst than the physical.

10 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

...i said before the mental affect is going to alot worst than the physical.

Yes you did. And it was just as misinformed then. 

8 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I went to Snowden 7th-9th grades. Go Greenies (or did they change it to GreenDogs or something?)

Must have been Lausanne. We know not to use double superlatives at Snowden. 

Man, I can walk to Snowden from my house in five minutes. My boys might be going there whenever school starts again, but I’m having second thoughts knowing Sub went there. 🤪

On 3/27/2020 at 8:18 AM, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

There's no way we will ever know. The only way we would know is if the whole world did nothing. China initially did nothing and it began to get out of control, so they started self-distancing and quarantining and got it under control, Italy did nothing and it began to get out of control. We are still in the early stages here in the U.S. i do believe if we would have started this back in early Feb that we would not be in the situation we are in now and people would not be losing jobs at the rate they are now. I lao believe if the Global Pandemic team that was axed 2 years ago was still intact that we would not be in teh situation we are in. People are dying and it's not just the elderly or very sick. Healthcare workers are dying as well. Not to mention I saw a doctor who has treated patients saying that the general public doesn't have an understanding of how bad this is once someone gets sick and it can cause permanent damage to their lungs if they survive. 

Also, it's not a matter that they thought everyone was going to die, it's a matter of it spreading around very fast and them knowing that a certain % of people would die and another certain % would be sick enough to have to put put in hospitals and they were worried about the hospital systems being overran because there are not enough beds, not enough workers and not enough equipment. We are still in the early stages of this. i hope it doesn't get any worse than it has already but I'm fine the efforts so far. it's an inconvenience but if there were more deaths, trust me, it would be way more panic than it is right now. I'm not an epidemiologist or infectious disease expert, so I'll humble myself take their word on this. Sadly, most Americans don't think the way I think cause most Americans think they are experts on everything despite the evidence to the contrary.  

Very good post.

If people were dying at the rates they are in Italy and Spain, yes, there would be mass panic and disorder.

The messaging has been problematic, 2 in particular, which I believe was put out there to prevent mass social panic and chaos, but have created problems in epidemiological and disease control aspects:

- Coronavirus is a mild illness in most people, especially the younger people.

- Its mainly/only the elderly, or those with underlying disease, who are suffering serious complications or dying

10 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Very good post.

If people were dying at the rates they are in Italy and Spain, yes, there would be mass panic and disorder.

The messaging has been problematic, 2 in particular, which I believe was put out there to prevent mass social panic and chaos, but have created problems in epidemiological and disease control aspects:

- Coronavirus is a mild illness in most people, especially the younger people.

- Its mainly/only the elderly, or those with underlying disease, who are suffering serious complications or dying

This is not true, according to Dr. Steve Kassapidis, a critical care physician in NY City who is treating the infected.

24 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

This is not true, according to Dr. Steve Kassapidis, a critical care physician in NY City who is treating the infected.

I agree that's why I highlighted this, but this was a major theme being presented in late Feb/early March

I think this (and cold/flu/seasonal allergy season) will peak by early May.  Then the collective “we” can start ramping up again and be firing on all cylinders by mid-summer.  

Now when will CoronaVirus Round 2 start? Your guess is as good as mine!  Could be next year.  Could be 10 years from now.