GameOn

NBA SUSPENDS SEASON UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

2 hours ago, tangogriz said:

The President wants to go back to semi-business-as-usual where possible. So do the rest of us --- if we had a time machine and could go back and prepare the US for the required testing.

In about a week he will decide.

I am guessing (seriously) that the number of infections and deaths will weigh on his decision.

The stats have been starved from the beginning. Will reporting of test results be more representative of reality in a week?

The President seems to be making decisions based on testing starved data so I'll follow his lead.

I believe that negative test results come back in a couple days while positives take a week or more.

Reported stats are really bad.

Trump can make all the political statements and chastisements he wants but that can not and will not change the behaviour of microorganisms, infectious disease, and epidemiology, which has been proven in the past with other infectious diseases over and over and over.

This is actually a reasonably well written and factual article for a media article and not a medical journal article

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2020/03/17/why-exponential-growth-is-so-scary-for-the-covid-19-coronavirus/#7eab9e174e9b

The lack of test kits and even healthcare protection equipment in the US is insane.

This doctor has some good videos. This one is about the death rate. He points out the similarity of the death rates in China and Italy.

Also, at 13 minutes he discusses a study showing that the death rate is actually higher than reported. The rate should not be calculated using

dead today divided by infected today

but instead

dead today divided by infected 14 days earlier.

That study finds a 5.7% death rate because the number of infected is rising. And the rate could be even higher because the time from infection to death is often longer than 14 days.

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

Trump can make all the political statements and chastisements he wants but that can not and will not change the behaviour of microorganisms, infectious disease, and epidemiology, which has been proven in the past with other infectious diseases over and over and over.

This is actually a reasonably well written and factual article for a media article and not a medical journal article

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2020/03/17/why-exponential-growth-is-so-scary-for-the-covid-19-coronavirus/#7eab9e174e9b

Thanks. I was only able to skim it. Facts that everyone should know.

Olympics pushed back one year. I think at the rate this is going the NBA needs to consider doing the same. Start up again March 11 2021 and keep the same schedule. It's an option.

1 hour ago, cdp said:

Olympics pushed back one year. I think at the rate this is going the NBA needs to consider doing the same. Start up again March 11 2021 and keep the same schedule. It's an option.

I Believe the Season is over, but if this mess is over with by sept , the N.B.A will start will a New season by there normal time . oct 2021 every team  is 0-0 

if the season is over I,m VERY please with our Memphis Grizzlies. they made MEMPHIS PROUD 

11 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Interesting read about why "flattening the curve" is important. That being said, it will be interesting to see the results of the "15 days to stop the spread" campaign, which ends in 7 days. 

We must also keep in mind, the available treatment options. Today, NY State is supposed to be giving seriously infected people, Chloroquine treatments based on the clinical study done by the doctor in France. In 6 days we will see the results of this treatment. If it is successful, then people can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that even if they become infected, that there's almost no chance that they will die. Then we can begin discussions about transitioning back to normal life 

3 hours ago, cdp said:

President Trump has stated in a presser today that he is hopeful that the virus will be under control by Easter (April 12), and we will begin to transition back to normal at that time. If that's the case, I believe the NBA will resume the season within weeks of Easter. Even if that involves games with no fans in the stands.  

1 hour ago, GameOn said:

President Trump has stated in a presser today that he is hopeful that the virus will be under control by Easter (April 12), and we will begin to transition back to normal at that time. If that's the case, I believe the NBA will resume the season within weeks of Easter. Even if that involves games with no fans in the stands.  

That would be great! This year’s playoffs should be fun. But without fans could be weird.

I am prepared for the long game though.  We had a great year no matter what happened. 

In the back of mind I am thinking about how much further back they can push back the draft.  If they cancel the draft then we won’t have our pick in a 2021 double draft.    And 2021 has some monster prospects.  

I just hope that all the guys are working out and staying mentally tough.  

1 hour ago, GameOn said:

I honestly cant see it happening.

Unless the virus is completely erdaticated, or the infectious state of every single person is known, or a vaccine is developed, relaxing restrictions will only result in a take off of infection rates again.

13 hours ago, tangogriz said:

The lack of test kits and even healthcare protection equipment in the US is insane.

This doctor has some good videos. This one is about the death rate. He points out the similarity of the death rates in China and Italy.

Also, at 13 minutes he discusses a study showing that the death rate is actually higher than reported. The rate should not be calculated using

dead today divided by infected today

but instead

dead today divided by infected 14 days earlier.

That study finds a 5.7% death rate because the number of infected is rising. And the rate could be even higher because the time from infection to death is often longer than 14 days.

yeah its scary.

I work in a major public hospital, the precautions that are ramping up are unseen before, and we are being told to expect that "the worst is yet to come"

8 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

I honestly cant see it happening.

Unless the virus is completely erdaticated, or the infectious state of every single person is known, or a vaccine is developed, relaxing restrictions will only result in a take off of infection rates again.

An excerpt from the actual French study:  "At day6 post-inclusion, 100% of patients treated with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin combination were virologicaly cured comparing with 57.1% in patients treated with hydroxychloroquine only, and 12.5% in the control group (p<0.001)." Source:  https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Hydroxychloroquine_final_DOI_IJAA.pdf

On Tuesday, the state of NY was supposed to begin using the French treatment protocol. I hope this works. It's the only thing available in the short term to try and control the viral infections and save lives. You can't shutdown the American economy (the largest economy in the world) for months on end. The whole world would go into a depression that could last for years. An economic world wide depression would be orders of magnitude more pain than dealing with this virus.  

24 minutes ago, GameOn said:

An excerpt from the actual French study:  "At day6 post-inclusion, 100% of patients treated with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin combination were virologicaly cured comparing with 57.1% in patients treated with hydroxychloroquine only, and 12.5% in the control group (p<0.001)." Source:  https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Hydroxychloroquine_final_DOI_IJAA.pdf

On Tuesday, the state of NY was supposed to begin using the French treatment protocol. I hope this works. It's the only thing available in the short term to try and control the viral infections and save lives. You can't shutdown the American economy (the largest economy in the world) for months on end. The whole world would go into a depression that could last for years. An economic world wide depression would be orders of magnitude more pain than dealing with this virus.  

Let's hope so, we will see

1 hour ago, Subliminal said:

Roommate just tested positive ugh 😷 

O.M.G

Roommate just tested positive ugh 😷 

Good luck bro! A buddy of mine from college is on day 11 of quarantine. He said it is like the worst cold/fever you can imagine. 

On 3/23/2020 at 9:04 PM, Grizzled Vet said:

Monday update:

On Sunday, Shelby County was at 60 or 66.   Shelby county (Memphis) is now at 93. Biggest jump of the counties since Saturday, more than doubling in reported new cases.

Other counties mentioned/quoted  above:

Davidson County (Nashville) has 164.  Williamson County (Brentwood/Franklin, near Nashville) has 53.

Sumner is at 34. Entering the double digit counties: Knox and Hamilton (Chattanooga) at 12, 

Out of TN - 89.

I'm concerned that Memphis is about to show some big time COVID-19 numbers. Hope I'm wrong.

Wednesday update:

Shelby county (Memphis) is now at 117. 

Other counties mentioned above:

Davidson County (Nashville) has 188.  Williamson County (Brentwood/Franklin, near Nashville) has 66. Sumner is at 36.  

Knox is at 20

Hamilton (Chattanooga) at 15

Entering the double digit counties: Rutherford is at 19; Robertson is at 15. Wilson is at 10

Out of TN - 100.

2 hours ago, lions said:

O.M.G

2 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

Good luck bro! A buddy of mine from college is on day 11 of quarantine. He said it is like the worst cold/fever you can imagine. 

I’m not too worried. I’ve got four roommates. Two of them had fevers that went away. Girlfriend got sick but went away pretty quick as well. I had a dry cough the first day that the confirmed roommate felt sick first but went it went away next day. If I had to guess I’m an mostly asymptomatic carrier and I’d guess we’re all gonna be ok. Got enough good, water and stellas to not leave the house for a while. Thanks for the concern tho my Grizz brethren 🤜🤛. I’ll keep y’all posted

Crazy what the state of the forum is now, not to mention the world..

1 hour ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Take care of you. And all of you guys stay safe !!

In huge fight w my girlfriend bc she’s sneezing and coughing sleeping in my bed all day while I was gone taking care of necessary ish. Nasty snot rags all over my room. I asked if I could maybe wash the sheets and she freaks out on me saying I don’t want to be with her anymore. Not to air out all my problems on the Grizz forum, but what is the @$%#ing etiquette here? She has her own room. Is it too much to try to not get sick living with girlfriend and roommates? I’m disinfecting every surface constantly, changing/washing clothes constantly and she’s here treating my room like her own personal triage. Am i the a$$hole??

In huge fight w my girlfriend bc she’s sneezing and coughing sleeping in my bed all day while I was gone taking care of necessary ish. Nasty snot rags all over my room. I asked if I could maybe wash the sheets and she freaks out on me saying I don’t want to be with her anymore. Not to air out all my problems on the Grizz forum, but what is the @$%#ing etiquette here? She has her own room. Is it too much to try to not get sick living with girlfriend and roommates? I’m disinfecting every surface constantly, changing/washing clothes constantly and she’s here treating my room like her own personal triage. Am i the a$$hole??

the mental affects of this outbreak is going to be alot worst than the physical.

2 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

the mental affects of this outbreak is going to be alot worst than the physical.

They both bad but agreed. Not to mention economics

2 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

My advice would be : Change GF😂..if she is selfish enough in situation like this, it's not looking good!! Time to draft a new one !!!

Not far behind you. I care about her a lot but she she been off the deep end for awhile