GameOn

NBA SUSPENDS SEASON UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Recommended Posts

According to worldometers.info/Coronavirus/ the USA has 7,788 active cases today and only 12 are considered serious or critical. That’s less than 1%. If the country can just slow the increase of new cases things may be brighter than expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chipc3 said:

According to worldometers.info/Coronavirus/ the USA has 7,788 active cases today and only 12 are considered serious or critical. That’s less than 1%. If the country can just slow the increase of new cases things may be brighter than expected.

BUT that option could push the 2020 draft INTO the 2021 draft.  Hence the DOUBLE DRAFT OF DOOM (if you are us and Boston has your pick).

Wonder what day the 2020 Draft goes Full Defcon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ALT GRIND said:

BUT that option could push the 2020 draft INTO the 2021 draft.  Hence the DOUBLE DRAFT OF DOOM (if you are us and Boston has your pick).

Wonder what day the 2020 Draft goes Full Defcon.

What did I write that allowed you to come to this conclusion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

I thought it was Bill Gates.

I am almost ... disappointed.

Another theory says that it was made by North CAROLINA.

#TarHeelVirus

and we see how not taking this seriously is working...not a theory...time will tell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

No it's not, Italy is a completely different story. Nearly a quarter of their population is over 70 years old. Explain Germany, explain, south Korea. Not everyone infected 1. needs ICU 2. Even needs hospitalization. 

I never claimed that everyone infected needs ICU or hospitalization. The whole thing is a math equation. 10 to 16% of infected people have required hospitalization. 5% of those needed ventilators. Each country only has X amount of ICU rooms and/or ventilators. Once that number is met, the death rate climbs considerably. That is exactly what is happening in Italy right now. Two weeks ago Italian officials asked retired doctors and nurses to come back to work because over 2,000 health care workers were infected (or exposed) and couldn't go to work. Yesterday the Mayor of NY city just asked the same thing of retired health care workers. Doctor and nursing shortages will make matters worse. 

South Korea did an excellent job with self quarantining before the cases exploded. I am not familiar with what's going on in Germany so I won't comment on that. The numbers out of China are pure fiction, as are with North Korea and Iran. It is better to look at what they did and are doing instead of listening to them. Their actions betray their statistics. It needs to be repeated that the Lombardy region of Italy has one of the best health care systems in the world. They are in a very bad way right now. Our fellow Grizz fan and poster Myers lives there and has posted about it. Things are also getting bad in Spain, as fanboyslim has told us.

The bottom line is do not take this virus lightly. Don't panic either. Have a good understanding of what can happen so you are not caught off guard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Father Pat said:

I never claimed that everyone infected needs ICU or hospitalization. The whole thing is a math equation. 10 to 16% of infected people have required hospitalization. 5% of those needed ventilators. Each country only has X amount of ICU rooms and/or ventilators. Once that number is met, the death rate climbs considerably. That is exactly what is happening in Italy right now. Two weeks ago Italian officials asked retired doctors and nurses to come back to work because over 2,000 health care workers were infected (or exposed) and couldn't go to work. Yesterday the Mayor of NY city just asked the same thing of retired health care workers. Doctor and nursing shortages will make matters worse. 

South Korea did an excellent job with self quarantining before the cases exploded. I am not familiar with what's going on in Germany so I won't comment on that. The numbers out of China are pure fiction, as are with North Korea and Iran. It is better to look at what they did and are doing instead of listening to them. Their actions betray their statistics. It needs to be repeated that the Lombardy region of Italy has one of the best health care systems in the world. They are in a very bad way right now. Our fellow Grizz fan and poster Myers lives there and has posted about it. Things are also getting bad in Spain, as fanboyslim has told us.

The bottom line is do not take this virus lightly. Don't panic either. Have a good understanding of what can happen so you are not caught off guard.

good to see your back FATHER pat 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

True that it’s a worse case scenario but most people haven’t been tested yet, few took the early warnings Seriously and it’s in all 50 states already.
 

The USA is seeing nearly 1,000 new cases a day right now according to www.worldometers.info/Coronavirus/ . It doesn’t seem to be contained and is actually increasing in numbers here. This isn’t China also where the government has far greater control over their people. 

I'm not a scientist and I don't pretend to know just how bad this could turn out being but everything I am hearing from people who should know is that the USA population has no idea how really bad this is. To close down all sports, colleges, businesses and to request national guardsmen and the military to "protect" (which I read to mean enforce) quarantine areas, tells me this is very serious and the NBA season is the least of the country's problems currently.   

Thanks for the link chip. It looks like a great resource.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A public service announcement by the Grindfather, Tony Allen, on behalf of the Grizzlies.

Still haven't heard anything about any virus testing on the Grizzlies. Anybody hear anything?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, GameOn said:

A public service announcement by the Grindfather, Tony Allen, on behalf of the Grizzlies.

Still haven't heard anything about any virus testing on the Grizzlies. Anybody hear anything?

 

First Team All-Defense!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope all of you safe guys!! Here in Thailand Gvt start only  to take the problem seriously. I did not wait for them to try to protect my staff in company : Temp detector, mask and Gel, Covid  Insurance  for all staff , staff who can work from home do it... business will get hurt a lot for sure as our main customer are in France and Europe.  Time to survive until this all over. Go Grizzz!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Hope all of you safe guys!! Here in Thailand Gvt start only  to take the problem seriously. I did not wait for them to try to protect my staff in company : Temp detector, mask and Gel, Covid  Insurance  for all staff , staff who can work from home do it... business will get hurt a lot for sure as our main customer are in France and Europe.  Time to survive until this all over. Go Grizzz!!!

Good luck. I hope your business prospers during these difficult times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

and we see how not taking this seriously is working...not a theory...time will tell

I believe you — I literally haven’t seen that North Korea angle ANYWHERE.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, chipc3 said:

According to worldometers.info/Coronavirus/ the USA has 7,788 active cases today and only 12 are considered serious or critical. That’s less than 1%. If the country can just slow the increase of new cases things may be brighter than expected.

Active cases among those who have been tested. There are now ~8500 cases, up that much from just yesterday. I imagine those who have it that haven't been tested are in the thousands also. This is going to get worse in 30 days, not better. I suspect there will be 50k+ cases by then. Prepare, people. Stay at home and take care of your families, if you can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

I believe you — I literally haven’t seen that North Korea angle ANYWHERE.  

 

1 hour ago, srmjr23 said:

Active cases among those who have been tested. There are now ~8500 cases, up that much from just yesterday. I imagine those who have it that haven't been tested are in the thousands also. This is going to get worse in 30 days, not better. I suspect there will be 50k+ cases by then. Prepare, people. Stay at home and take care of your families, if you can. 

and alot of people don't even have symptoms...thats why i believe many people have already had it...it looks like it takes atleast a month to get over...the number of cases may go up but i doubt the death toll will skyrocket because most people that died from it has already died...like i keep telling people the virus has been in the U.S. for a while just was misdiagnosed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

 

and alot of people don't even have symptoms...thats why i believe many people have already had it...it looks like it takes atleast a month to get over...the number of cases may go up but i doubt the death toll will skyrocket because most people that died from it has already died...like i keep telling people the virus has been in the U.S. for a while just was misdiagnosed 

So the alarm bells are more than a month late. On that you agree with the experts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, tangogriz said:

So the alarm bells are more than a month late. On that you agree with the experts.

yeah..i believe its been here since atleast december of last year...just google how many people have died from flu like symptoms and pneumonia this winter...like i said it was just misdiagnosed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Here in Italy the spread of the disease is not homogeneous. The North is much more affected than the South (right now) because, I think, there are many more factories and companies which, big big big mistake, have not been closed in time.
Other factors are not yet known. Here (i'm, in the middle of the hell) it is very hard, the dead have quadrupled, clearly the elderly with bad health and the medical workers (real heroes) are most affected than the younger (average age of the death is 79yo, mostly men with others diseases), but some 30/40yo guys are sick too. I've already lost two people I knowed and  an aunt of mine is in the hospital in critical conditions.
I hope the rest of the world can stem this disaster. Stay home, stay safe, 
protect the elderly and the weak, grit and grind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

until we actually start competently start testing people, we have no idea how good or bad things really are

My 70yr old father who is obese and diabetic insists that his yearly golf trip with his old airline business is still on at the end of april .  He wants to drive from memphis to dallas by himself for said trip. Its scary how oblivious some are to the situation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

BUT that option could push the 2020 draft INTO the 2021 draft.  Hence the DOUBLE DRAFT OF DOOM (if you are us and Boston has your pick).

Wonder what day the 2020 Draft goes Full Defcon.

Impossible. What in the world would you do about all of the owed picks? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dwash said:

Impossible. What in the world would you do about all of the owed picks? 

It could be worse....  #2021TripleDraft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two Lakers and a Celtics player just tested positive with no symptoms.

Yea there's a snowballs chance in helll this seasons starting up again any time soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cdp said:

Two Lakers and a Celtics player just tested positive with no symptoms.

Yea there's a snowballs chance in helll this seasons starting up again any time soon. 

And three Sixers and a Nugget

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now