GameOn

NBA SUSPENDS SEASON UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Just read from French basket basket website that NBA does not expect to resume the season before mid June. Does it mean make PO directly? Play during all summer? Wait and see.....

2 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Just read from French basket basket website that NBA does not expect to resume the season before mid June. Does it mean make PO directly? Play during all summer? Wait and see.....

I think they might just go straight into the playoffs honestly. They've played 65 games give or take which is pretty much the same as the lockout year. The playoff race is more or less decided in the East, and we were looking pretty good in the west being up 3.5 games. If they start at the middle of May, that still doesn't give them really enough time to play 16 more games and have the playoffs. Does free agency get pushed back? Is Summer league just not happening? What about preseason? There's a whole lot of questions that need answering. 

2 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

yes, that's what I heard.

I don't see why they just don't cancel it. Mid-June is 3 months away and a long time. Let's not forget about their conditioning. While most players would stay in shape, it's still not NBA game shape. It will be interesting but I would just cancel it but that's just me. 

6 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

CDC made a recommendation not to have gatherings of people in groups of 50+ for the next 8 weeks. I can't imagine the NBA will do anything but follow their recommendation. I doubt seriously we'll see any more regular season basketball this year.

Image result for crying gif

6 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

4 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I think they might just go straight into the playoffs honestly. They've played 65 games give or take which is pretty much the same as the lockout year. The playoff race is more or less decided in the East, and we were looking pretty good in the west being up 3.5 games. If they start at the middle of May, that still doesn't give them really enough time to play 16 more games and have the playoffs. Does free agency get pushed back? Is Summer league just not happening? What about preseason? There's a whole lot of questions that need answering. 

19 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Bobby Marks suggested this and it seems logical:

42 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Bobby Marks suggested this and it seems logical:

If they are essentially getting a three month break now and playing 16-20 less games I dont see why they need to push next year back 2 months. Maybe 1 month. 

On 3/14/2020 at 8:45 PM, fanboyslim said:

The flu vaccine is especially complicated because it has to be produced every year before anybody knows what strain is going to be the most prevalent. So the health authorities make an educated guess about what strains will be prioritized and you get a shot for those. Then:

- There may be a completely new strain nobody could have predicted (e.g. Spanish flu or H1N1) and everyone is screwed.

- The initial guess is wrong and some strain spreads that's not covered by the vaccine, and then those who don't already have immunity against it are screwed (usually children and young adults)

- The guess is correct and you get the vaccine but your body doesn't acquire immunity / doesn't mount a strong immune response, and then you are screwed.

Still, much better than no vaccine at all.

In the Coronavirus case, since all we need it protection against one particular strain (or rather strains, there are two of them) the expectation is that one vaccine should be able to be enough for life, but as you say, there's never 100% effectiveness. That's why herd immunity is so important. If enough people are vaccinated, even those who cannot be vaccinated or have immune issues will be protected as the virus won't be able to spread.

20,000 plus cases of people dying from the "regular flu" over here in the States alone and majority of those folks are usually vaccinated already.    I do not trust a rushed vaccine that is mass distributed on any level. 

On 3/14/2020 at 9:24 PM, GameOn said:

You either work in the medical field or you have read a lot about health matters. I am aware of the cat and mouse games played every year between viruses and vaccines. Ultimately, I believe that people have to take personal responsibility and learn how to improve and maintain their personal immune systems. It IS doable. I started down that path 9 years ago and I have not had a cold nor a flu in the last 9 years. Somehow the human race managed to survive and evolve for thousands of years before vaccines existed, and viruses have been around forever. 

At this point in time, I'm more concerned with becoming infected with SBWS. 🏀

I am with you brother.  I have been on same path with you as well and haven't had a full cold or flu in years. 

Hey if they just end the regular season and go straight to the playoffs, we should be celebrating. We made the playoffs if that's the case, and when play resumes, we should have our full lineup of players. 

29 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Hey if they just end the regular season and go straight to the playoffs, we should be celebrating. We made the playoffs if that's the case, and when play resumes, we should have our full lineup of players. 

lets hope... i could see some of the other teams below us getting real salty about that. 

this is unprecedented. govt is about to shut down all retail in this country. i'm more worried about having my family and friends having jobs and businesses going under...

sucks we don't have something like the grizz to take our minds off these trying times

53 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

this is a small silver lining  yes, but i wouldnt say we should be celebrating. Sh1t is getting real . And its going to get even realer when we are actually able to test people at a high volume and see how many really are  and have been infected.

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

20,000 plus cases of people dying from the "regular flu" over here in the States alone and majority of those folks are usually vaccinated already.    I do not trust a rushed vaccine that is mass distributed on any level. 

I am with you brother.  I have been on same path with you as well and haven't had a full cold or flu in years. 

Source

1 hour ago, srmjr23 said:

Source

Common knowledge amongst those in medical community(which my wife was a member of for 15+yrs)  but will never get them to admit it on the record.   The vaccines are for previous strains not the present strain that has mutated each year.   

https://www.statnews.com/2018/02/01/flu-vaccine-protection-h3n2/

Like @GameOn said somehow the human race has survived hundreds of millenia without them.    God created us already with the ability to combat everything if you take care of your temple.   Boost your own immune system is the safest and most effective method, period.   I am not encouraging anyone to not vaccinate if they are already in compromised health.   Just saying that our own immune system is powerful enough to handle 90% of things if maintained properly. 

At this point, I feel like the this NBA season is probably going to be like Chandler Parsons's time here.

Injury, and then the return is indefinite, and then the timeline to return keeps getting pushed back further and further.

Shut down for remainder of the season is probably next, followed by a heartfelt letter from the NBA  looking forward to their next season, healthier than ever.

96f8e0c9-usatsi_9904449.jpg?width=1000

What’s the deadline did the draft?

Worst case scenario aka DEFCON Draft 2021 would be that there will be NO 2020 draft and that the 2021 would be a DOUBLE draft.  Celtics would own our juicy pick.  

2 hours ago, Crizzle said:

this is a small silver lining  yes, but i wouldnt say we should be celebrating. Sh1t is getting real . And its going to get even realer when we are actually able to test people at a high volume and see how many really are  and have been infected.

Not celebrating the reason, just celebrating making the playoffs if that's the case. 

2 hours ago, Zappastache said:

lets hope... i could see some of the other teams below us getting real salty about that. 

this is unprecedented. govt is about to shut down all retail in this country. i'm more worried about having my family and friends having jobs and businesses going under...

sucks we don't have something like the grizz to take our minds off these trying times

I feel that. I own a retail business, it's not particularly a fun time right now. 

On 3/13/2020 at 12:33 PM, GameOn said:

I stocked up 2 weeks ago (TP/food/water) when the stock market started dropping and talk of the virus escalated. If YOU haven't stocked up yet, get a 1 month supply of the basics (TP/paper towels/tissues/water) and buy canned meat, canned fruit and canned vegetables (or vegetable soup). By "canned", I mean metal cans or food in glass containers. Don't forget some "comfort" foods, which can really help your mood if things escalate.One of my favorite comfort foods is chocolate covered almonds. 

Yes, stocking up will bite into your monthly budget, but your grocery bill will be less once you start consuming your stocked up items. In a worst case scenario, what would you do if food was not available (due to supply shortages or grocery stores temporarily closing to protect the health of their employees?). Do it NOW. Nobody knows how this virus thing is going to play out.

Did some of that.

Consumed comfort food in about 1 day.

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Common knowledge amongst those in medical community(which my wife was a member of for 15+yrs)  but will never get them to admit it on the record.   The vaccines are for previous strains not the present strain that has mutated each year.   

https://www.statnews.com/2018/02/01/flu-vaccine-protection-h3n2/

Like @GameOn said somehow the human race has survived hundreds of millenia without them.    God created us already with the ability to combat everything if you take care of your temple.   Boost your own immune system is the safest and most effective method, period.   I am not encouraging anyone to not vaccinate if they are already in compromised health.   Just saying that our own immune system is powerful enough to handle 90% of things if maintained properly. 

The flu vaccine is a best guess looking at emerging flu strains as to which will be prevalent during flu season. They have to start making it well before the dominant flu strain(s) emerge, which is why some years it's pretty good and some years it's not. The flu isn't just one virus it's caused by 150 different influenza strains that are constantly shifting and mutating. So, it's not just a moving target it's one you can't see.

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

but will never get them to admit it on the record. 

Uh huh. 9/11 was an inside job.

9 hours ago, Dwash said:

If they are essentially getting a three month break now and playing 16-20 less games I dont see why they need to push next year back 2 months. Maybe 1 month. 

Better SAFE then sorry

if The N.B.A does play again I hope they go straight to the play-off Grizzlies will be 8th seed and buy our Play -off shirts 

2 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

The flu vaccine is a best guess looking at emerging flu strains as to which will be prevalent during flu season. They have to start making it well before the dominant flu strain(s) emerge, which is why some years it's pretty good and some years it's not. The flu isn't just one virus it's caused by 150 different influenza strains that are constantly shifting and mutating. So, it's not just a moving target it's one you can't see.

https://www.disabledveterans.org/2020/03/11/flu-vaccine-increases-coronavirus-risk/

It will probably getting worse, unless gvt from all country take stong measure . Keep safe, hope all of you having business ( same i do) not hurt too much and hopefully in 4 to 6 weeks, we have something to celebrate. 

Get Gov'ts around the world to stop the hoarding.

Pressure companies like Ebay with microscopic  tax audits if they continue to allow leeching profiteers to sell hoarded items on their sites e.g. people selling single one roll of toilet paper for $4-5 a roll, + $10-15 delivery. Disgraceful.

If the NBA resumes in June, then it is likely that they will go straight to the play offs - because I think the top 7 spots in the west are pretty much set.    And the same in the east.     The only reason not to - is to give New Orleans a chance to get into the playoffs, because of the attraction of Zion - but I don't think sacrificing the rest of the NBA just for a chance to see Zion is  enough of a factor for the NBA at this point.

6 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Did some of that.

Consumed comfort food in about 1 day.

OK, so you either need more self-restraint or need to buy way more comfort food. 😄