PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

Should Brandon Clarke start on returning from injury?

with guys on the bench unit like deing,toliver,and jackson to give productive mins..would it be better suited for BC to be moved into the starting rotation...imo it would be a waste to place him back on the bench when its our starting 5 thats been struggling a little.

ja/jones

db/melton

bc/jackson

3js/slowmo

jv/deing

3 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

with guys on the bench unit like deing,toliver,and jackson to give productive mins..would it be better suited for BC to be moved into the starting rotation...imo it would be a waste to place him back on the bench when its our starting 5 thats been struggling a little.

ja/jones

db/melton

bc/jackson

3js/slowmo

jv/deing

I would love him starting I just dont know if its time yet

Brandon Clarke is not a starting SF in my opinion. 

Definitely wanna see him starting at some point in the next year, but that would require JV being benched or moved first. He just doesn't have the skills of a 3 man at the moment.

12 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

ja/jones

db/melton

bc/jackson

3js/slowmo

jv/deing

Brandon may take up too much of JV's space inside, where Brandon excels.     I don't know.   I don't recall how they played together.

13 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

ja/jones

db/melton

bc/jackson

3js/slowmo

jv/deing

BC is not a three and Jaren our best floor spacer will be back before him 

Brandon + JV on court at same time is not great.

Brandon + Dieng seems smart.

But Brevin said something on post game where he implied Kyle will be starting at the PF for the remainder of the season.  He may have just been blowing smoke.

When Justise, JJJ, and BC all return, somebody else is going to have to sit as I just don't see TJ going with an 11 man rotation.  I'm already assuming that Tolliver and Konchar stay attached to the bench, so it will need to be 1 more person.  I suppose it could be matchup specific.  I feel like it will be Kyle or Dieng or Clark, depending on the matchup.  It should be bad Dillon though that goes to the bench and stays there.  If good Dillon shows up though, keep him in there.

20 minutes ago, Crizzle said:

we have a better shot at developing jaren into a 3 than brandon

Jaren is more like a 3 on offense and Clarke is more like a 4 on offense.  On defense they are basically switched — but is Clarke not agile enough and too robotic/mechanical to adequately guard wings?  

It would be nice if we could throw Ja/Dillon/Winslow/Clarke/Jaren out there at the same time for major minutes.  

When everyone gets back we are gonna be super deep!

3 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Jaren is more like a 3 on offense and Clarke is more like a 4 on offense.  On defense they are basically switched — but is Clarke not agile enough and too robotic/mechanical to adequately guard wings?  

It would be nice if we could throw Ja/Dillon/Winslow/Clarke/Jaren out there at the same time for major minutes.  

When everyone gets back we are gonna be super deep!

i really just like the dream of jaren getting his ball skills down and becoming a legit number one option. I think this team will go as far as jaren goes

4 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

But Brevin said something on post game where he implied Kyle will be starting at the PF for the remainder of the season.  He may have just been blowing smoke.

That would imply JJJ not coming back from injury or either JV or him going to the bench. Pretty unlikely if I may say so.

Unless Brevin was implying Kyle would start as SF, which sounds a bit more likely.

Anyone has a injury update on all our  guys ???I haven't seen anything about their returns in a long while??

Anyone has a news to share??

great to hear that jjj is coming back next week , he will be needed as the Grizzlies will be going on the road

2 hours ago, lions said:

great to hear that jjj is coming back next week , he will be needed as the Grizzlies will be going on the road

That's what's up, any word on Winslow or Clarke

3 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

That's what's up, any word on Winslow or Clarke

I feel Winslow is done for the season , the Grizzlies got this far with  out him , we will make the play-off with the players that brought us there from the start 

1 hour ago, lions said:

I feel Winslow is done for the season , the Grizzlies got this far with  out him , we will make the play-off with the players that brought us there from the start 

I hope not but I have a feeling Ill be using him in 2k20 before I watch him play an actual game for us. 

I like BC coming off the bench right now.  He's good enough to start, but I just like the rotation better with him coming off the bench.  Give him some starts on back-end of back-to-backs & see how it goes.

1 hour ago, grizz09 said:

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if both winslow and clarke join allen in being out for the rest of the season.

Winslow wouldnt shock me. Clarke would. 

17 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

Winslow wouldnt shock me. Clarke would. 

yea, i think clarke posted on his IG story about "back soon" or something like that.  i just want all 4 of the injured guys to get and stay healthy.

11 hours ago, lions said:

I saw him during shot around, he looked like he was good, and Mike Wallace said something about him just needing to get his stamina up. 

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

Clarke has a quad strain, how on Earth does that turn into a season ending injury?

I was wondering the same thing 

40 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

I saw him during shot around, he looked like he was good, and Mike Wallace said something about him just needing to get his stamina up. 

That gives me hope that we will see him in a week or 2. 

Between JJJ and BC, JJJ absence is missed the most.  Neither of these guys will see the floor unless 100%, and they will be on minute restrictions.  In 50 games it seems that when BC  has any sort of injury but can play, his production drops off huge.  Kinda tells me he needs to play at max to compensate for his size at 4..I would keep BC as the 6th man, where his delivers with the second unit.  JJJ needs to stay healthy down the stretch.