chipc3

Which Team Behind the Grizzlies Scares You the Most?

Who is the Biggest Threat to Catch the Grizzlies?   

38 members have voted

1. 1. What team has the best chance to catch the Grizzlies?

• Sacramento Kings
    • Portland Trailblazers
    • San Antonio Spurs
    • New Orleans Pelicans
    • Phoenix Suns

ESPN pushed hard to make the New Orleans Pelicans the team to watch out for catching the Grizzlies. Now that they have dropped a few games back, are they still the team fans should fear the most or is someone else on your radar now? 

10 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Sacramento didn't make ESPN's list!

They rank the teams most likely to get the 8th seed as the Pelicans at 52.6%, Memphis at 34.2%, Blazers at 10.5% and Spurs at 2.6%.  

Take into account that’s just a poll among ESPN panelists (FiveThirtyEight and BPI give different projections) so I’m not surprised. I suspect they base their projections on the time tested method of rectal extraction.

Non of them really. We just have to handle our own business 

Kings are coming out of nowhere I really don't know what to think of them which makes them scary.

For me, it’s the order that the poll is in. Kings, Blazers, Pels and Spurs are tied at 3.  Blazers make the most head sense with Dame down the stretch. kings have some crazy momentum...is it real? Spurs and Pels are long shots but with Pop and the talent in Zion, they’re not out yet. 

I think if we miss the playoffs, it'll be more than one of these teams that passes us. We're either going to surprise people (and surprise me too!) by playing well during this tough end-of-season stretch and comfortably make the playoffs or we're going to totally collapse and have possibly Sacramento, New Orleans and Portland all pass us.

3 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I suspect they base their projections on the time tested method of rectal extraction.

🤣

Based on us beating two consecutive road teams by 35 plus and the last two to do that won the title, AND the fact that we are in a dog fight for the playoffs, and if we miss out, due to the reconfigured super delegate lotto balls (or something like that) we can STILL keep a top 4 pick -- I think we will do anything from getting the first pick in the draft to winning the title.

Although... maybe a potential Finals game between the Vancouver Grizzlies and the Miami Vice turns into a Mid-South Coliseum empty arena Finals game.

23 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

The Pelicans.  But, just the mascot.

Image result for laughing gif

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

The Pelicans.  But, just the mascot.

When the stars are right, Pierre shall return in its true form and end the Age of Man.

b19.gif

25 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

When the stars are right, Pierre shall return in its true form and end the Age of Man.

b19.gif

😂😂😂

Voted Pelicans, we play them twice and we've played them twice already and didn't look good in either.. but not worried, we play defense they dont, when the tough stretch of games come in the last few weeks of the season I think grizz will hold their own and do way better then the prognosticators (is this really a word?.. kidding) say we will.. 41 wins or better! 

Pelicans. We let the kings beat us. We can take them.

Kings have the tiebreaker over us, but I think we're much better then them overall. Spurs just don't have it. Portland just can't put it together, but I guess we'll see if Nurkic comes back. Pelicans with Zion seemed hot, but they've cooled off a little bit. I think we're in a good position. 

Thinking outside the box... US.

Only the Grizzlies can defeat the Grizzlies.

We are in  control of our own destiny even if we don't have the tie-breakers in our favor.

We are in the same company as the '70 Knicks (does that make Yuta Watanabe the next Phil Jackson) and the 2007 Spurs.  That's cool.

It looks like we activated "playoff mode" so let's take care of business.

Our schedule the rest of the way ain't easy.  But, this is the NBA, not Conference USA.