chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Portland Trailblazers- 7/31/2020

Rooting for the Jazz today we need all the imitations to bow down . Like to see Noah go 15/10/5/5 over the Lakers he's too **** lit for the bubble!

With Tyus out turnovers could be an issue with Melton/Allen running things when Ja is out.

2 hours ago, costarica2 said:

With Tyus out turnovers could be an issue with Melton/Allen running things when Ja is out.

Backup pg is a problem. 

7 hours ago, Dwash said:

Backup pg is a problem. 

I think we'll be ok today. Ja will play a few more minutes, and Kyle and DeAnthony will handle it when Ja is out. Dame and CJ are average defenders. Now for some other teams on the schedule, it could be an issue.

58 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

I think we'll be ok today. Ja will play a few more minutes, and Kyle and DeAnthony will handle it when Ja is out. Dame and CJ are average defenders. Now for some other teams on the schedule, it could be an issue.

lol "average" defenders. They have been pretty garbage throughout there careers

14 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Let’s gooooooo!!!!!!!! 3pm can’t get here soon enough!

I know. Then a game Sunday and another on Monday. Life is good. 

I forgot that if a team is at 4 games back they get to have a play in. 

I thought it was if we were 4 games ahead we were good. 

That means we are having a play in. 

That’s crazy because that’s essentially 8 games back.

Only thing that makes it semi fair is that during the play in we supposedly only have to win one of two games to advance while the other team has to win 2

8 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I forgot that if a team is at 4 games back they get to have a play in. 

I thought it was if we were 4 games ahead we were good. 

That means we are having a play in. 

That’s crazy because that’s essentially 8 games back.

What'll be interesting is to see if the league wants to start having play-in games between 8th and 9th place teams moving forward to increase the number of playoff games (and therefore playoff payouts) Then if two teams tie for 9th place you could have play--in games to see who gets to play in the play-in games with 8th place. 

I can actually see the league wanting this in the future. 

Of course that begs the question does the loser of the play-in games still get to participate in the lottery??? 

5 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

What'll be interesting is to see if the league wants to start having play-in games between 8th and 9th place teams moving forward to increase the number of playoff games (and therefore playoff payouts) Then if two teams tie for 9th place you could have play--in games to see who gets to play in the play-in games with 8th place. 

I can actually see the league wanting this in the future. 

Of course that begs the question does the loser of the play-in games still get to participate in the lottery??? 

I believe Silver's preference would be to have the 7-10 seeds have the play-in tourney.  Wasn't fair to do it this season since the Mavs are 7 games in front of us. Not only gives teams in 9th place and lower incentive to keep trying, but also gives the top 6 seeds a bonus week of rest while the 6 - 10' play a best of 3 series to determine the 7th and 8th seeds. 

29 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

I believe Silver's preference would be to have the 7-10 seeds have the play-in tourney.  Wasn't fair to do it this season since the Mavs are 7 games in front of us. Not only gives teams in 9th place and lower incentive to keep trying, but also gives the top 6 seeds a bonus week of rest while the 6 - 10' play a best of 3 series to determine the 7th and 8th seeds. 

I could see that. Eliminates four more teams from the lottery too. 

6 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I could see that. Eliminates four more teams from the lottery too. 

I like that idea.

im a bit confused on this year after reading above . Can someone confirm - as long as we are 4.5 or more games ahead of 9th no play in game? And in play In 8th seed only need 1 win?

4 minutes ago, VikingWarrior said:

I like that idea.

im a bit confused on this year after reading above . Can someone confirm - as long as we are 4.5 or more games ahead of 9th no play in game? And in play In 8th seed only need 1 win?

If the 9th place team is at least 4 games from the 8th place team then there will be a play-in game. The way I read this, Memphis has to be 5 games ahead of the 9th place team to avoid a play-in. That means they have to win one more game than the closest team heading into the seeding games. 

11 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

If the 9th place team is at least 4 games from the 8th place team then there will be a play-in game. The way I read this, Memphis has to be 5 games ahead of the 9th place team to avoid a play-in. That means they have to win one more game than the closest team heading into the seeding games. 

there will be no way memphis will be 5 games ahead when this 8 game play  is over , this is a money thing , more power to the N,B,A 

go grizzlies 

32 minutes ago, VikingWarrior said:

I like that idea.

Yes, 4.5 game lead for us and we are the 8th seed.  And yes, the 9th place team would need to win 2 games, while the 8th place team needs to win only one. 

Technically, it is possible for us to get the seven seed, if we win out and the Mavericks lose all eight. I know, not likely unless Luka and Porzingis both tear their Achilles or something.  But the four teams behind us do have to play against each other, so we need to win the games that we should win. They will do some mutual eliminations among themselves.

7 minutes ago, Wells said:

Technically, it is possible for us to get the seven seed, if we win out and the Mavericks lose all eight. I know, not likely unless Luka and Porzingis both tear their Achilles or something.  But the four teams behind us do have to play against each other, so we need to win the games that we should win. They will do some mutual eliminations among themselves.

True, and the Pels and Kings play each other twice.

Pels do have the easiest schedule, but the do play the Clippers tomorrow. Hopefully the Clips will be fired up after losing to the Lakers.