chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Portland Trailblazers- 7/31/2020

Just now, GameOn said:

Wow. 573 replies in this game thread. Is that a new record?

Not even close but it is one of the best this season.

Just now, GameOn said:

I'd say Dillon did his fair share of damage.

Chip won't¬†ūü§£ūü§£

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Murcia, Collins and Whiteside not to mention McCollum and Lillard getting straight line runs to the hoop. That will get anyone in foul trouble. 

And please stop pointing fingers at players to blame. The team lost. Everyone has  to learn from this and get better. 

Yeah, although everyone showed flashes.  When our young guns were rolling we looked unstoppable and uber-explosive on offense.

Bet a guy could win Coach of the Year in the NBA just by letting the OTHER COACH kill his OWN TEAM'S MOMENTUM with timeouts and substitutions.

8 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Achiuwa could either defend or help defend pretty much anyone in the league.  Not a shooter, and went 1-for-infinity when closely guarded on jump shots but he actually didn't have terrible percentages from 3.  Upside: we could potentially go Clarke/Achiuwa/Jaren up front in some shift changes.  Precious is also a good pick and roll option and lob threat.  He also has good grab-and-go potential.

We need to draft some offense/shooting. 

16 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

That we have to give up to Boston?

I deleted as soon I remember the protection on the pick. But if we have a chance for a top 8 pick I would do it for Avidja, Nesmith or Williams. 

Just now, Ja_Rules said:

We need to draft some offense/shooting. 

Yeah.  Although adding front court depth would help too.  Supposedly, first round picks might be up for sale.  I think we should try to buy one.  Then we can get shooting/scoring AND defense/rebounding.  OR, use the pick and 40 (along with players/future draft assets) to move up in the draft.

Just now, ALT GRIND said:

Yeah.  Although adding front court depth would help too.  Supposedly, first round picks might be up for sale.  I think we should try to buy one.  Then we can get shooting/scoring AND defense/rebounding.  OR, use the pick and 40 (along with players/future draft assets) to move up in the draft.

I would love if we could turn the Jazz pick into 2 of those Celtics picks, ppl are sleeping on this years draft because they have no superstars and a couple of potential stars, but this is a draft full of role players. And we never know if a player like Cassius Stanley will be Shannon Brown or Zach Lavine. 

1 minute ago, Ja_Rules said:

I deleted as soon I remember the protection on the pick. But if we have a chance for a top 8 pick I would do it for Avidja, Nesmith or Williams. 

Since it is a top 6 protected pick it would be Top 4 Or Bust (Convey) with AT BEST a 5.5% percent chance (or so).  So... not great odds, but not zero point zero either.  

It's gonna be an underrated draft in my opinion.

Even if it is "properly" rated I think that most all the type guys would be great fits here, even IDEAL fits: Wiseman, Deni Avdija, Anthony Edwards, Devin Vassell, Onyeka Okongwu and others... even the top point guard types are taller/longer so you could probably even pair LaMelo Ball or Tyrese Haliburton or even a Killian Hayes (need to be sold on him though) with Ja Morant.  ... Not as bullish on Isaac Okoro overall OR as a fit for the Grizzlies.  

Just now, ALT GRIND said:

Since it is a top 6 protected pick it would be Top 4 Or Bust (Convey) with AT BEST a 5.5% percent chance (or so).  So... not great odds, but not zero point zero either.  

It's gonna be an underrated draft in my opinion.

Even if it is "properly" rated I think that most all the type guys would be great fits here, even IDEAL fits: Wiseman, Deni Avdija, Anthony Edwards, Devin Vassell, Onyeka Okongwu and others... even the top point guard types are taller/longer so you could probably even pair LaMelo Ball or Tyrese Haliburton or even a Killian Hayes (need to be sold on him though) with Ja Morant.  ... Not as bullish on Isaac Okoro overall OR as a fit for the Grizzlies.  

You need to be sold on two of the best prospects in my opinion. 

D Brooks kept us in it, but ultimately lost us this one. That three on one fastbreak traveling turnover was the turning point of the game. Truly baffled by his selfishness sometimes and it really hurts us. 

9 minutes ago, absolutegrizzguy said:

D Brooks kept us in it, but ultimately lost us this one. That three on one fastbreak traveling turnover was the turning point of the game. Truly baffled by his selfishness sometimes and it really hurts us. 

No it is not, and he showed that today. I vote Jaren, simple because he is way more talented than Dillon. He is a legit, 2nd to 3rd option in a championship team in his prime. Dillon has starter/sixthman potential, I prefer him playing against other teams benchs

55 minutes ago, Dwash said:

These are pro athletes pushing their bodies to the limit. They gotta be on 10. They aren't playing at Germantown Baptist. 

Dude I used to play at Germantown Baptist (away). Those games were intense! 

good to see grizzlies showed up in the 2 half , next game will be a great test , i feel they should win 

Jaren was dominant from the get go, and showed why he's going to be so good when he puts it all together. He brought the whole package tonight. 

Ja looked a little of, particularly in the first half. 7-22 isn't the efficiency we've come to know from him. 

Dillon was pretty bad, but was at least active on defense. Kyle was just off. He looked more athletic with a better form in the scrimmages, but that all looked like it went away. Melton was solid on both sides of the ball, stayed within himself. Josh played well when given the chance, and i thought he sparked us in the 2nd quarter. He does still just play out of control though, but got bailed out a couple of times. Grayson was fine, almost had an awesome play that he threw off the backboard for some reason. 

JV can't foul out in 14 minutes. We need him way too much for that to happen. We also can't leave so many points on the board with those free throws (we missed 12). We could've used Justise with Kyle and Dillon struggling like they did. We played hard, we got the Spurs next. Should win that one. 

Tyus missing really hurt us.

But Anyways this game stress me out so much I don't know why.

5 hours ago, TimBC said:

Another guy was 7-22 overall. 1-7 from 3, and I don't hear any complaints. 

This stuff happens, Sometimes it's about who the other team most wants to stop.

ja came up big in the 2nd half overall.  dillon missed shot after shot from late 3rd on including a ton of boneheaded shots, turned it over, and then was getting cooked by CJ.  they weren't trying to stop dillon, dillon stopped himself.

Just look at the game now. Great play by the guys. For me loss on Jenkins for once. Keep Dilon way too long and let him miss important play, taking bad shoot when JA was wide open where we could be + 11, letting JV out way too long allowing Nurkic to score and hurt us too much.....no player to be blame for me.

On 3/12/2020 at 9:55 PM, Grizzled Vet said:

I'm going to post like I'm actually watching this game.....

I can't believe Dillon Brooks took that shot!!!

What a momentum killer.

Still, to be even with them going into the 2nd quarter isn't bad given how bad Kyle has shot.

Wait ... what?!?

How in the world could you have known this - in MARCH?!?

ūüė≥

we all know and can attest that
DB has never ever I mean rarely ever...well sometimes...ok always ... HE ALWAYS HAS done this and prolly will continue!

ūüíęūü§£ūüíę

honestly I started noticing it when he was coming back from the injury he got at the beginning of his 2nd year (not sure exactly but resident fact checkers will quickly correct me )

On 7/31/2020 at 12:01 PM, VikingWarrior said:

I like that idea.

im a bit confused on this year after reading above . Can someone confirm - as long as we are 4.5 or more games ahead of 9th no play in game? And in play In 8th seed only need 1 win?

If the team finishing in 8th place has at least a 4 game lead there is no play in game. Anything less requires a 2 game play-in format. 

59 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

If the team finishing in 8th place has at least a 4 game lead there is no play in game. Anything less requires a 2 game play-in format. 

*potential 2 game play-in format.