chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Portland Trailblazers- 7/31/2020

This is a game where it wouldve been nice having justise.  He can legit guard either Dame or CJ and Melton coulda handled the other.    DB wouldve been on the pine.   Plus with DB not out there - it forces Ja and Jaren to be the main shot-takers.  

2 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

We need spot up shooters, did Jenkins go too young 

I think he did, but this is who we are. Allen and JV should have played more, also I would put SlowMo in for some plays on D, switch SlowMo and Allen defense and offense.

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

This is a game where it wouldve been nice having justise.  He can legit guard either Dame or CJ and Melton coulda handled the other.    DB wouldve been on the pine.   Plus with DB not out there - it forces Ja and Jaren to be the main shot-takers.  

Justise usually tries some hero ball too, but he is nowhere near Dillon on this. 

1 minute ago, Ja_Rules said:

I still have those wings spots open, thats why I want us to try to get a steal in this draft: Deni Advija, Aaron Nesmith, Patrick Williams, Cassius Stanley, Tyler Bey or Jaden McDaniels. If we could get too middle to late first round picks would be even better.

Would probably have to trade into the 5 range for a great chance at Deni.  I can see him going top 3.  Enough Luka flashes along with more size/length and what looks like a better frame.

Don't get Patrick Williams, Jr.  Someone sell me on him....  I think Precious Achuiwa is the better combo forward with 2 way potential.  I like Cassius Stanley.  Can run the floor, defend and throw down lobs.  He can be our 2 guard version of Brandon Clarke.  I like Tyler Bey but I would like him MORE if he could shoot better/if his shot was for real.  That being said, he has ideal length/defense/rebounding for that 3 spot (and small ball 4).  Could end up being a broke man's Kawhi Leonard.  One of those guys could be there at 40, maybe Jaden McDaniels (shows flashes but is raw and skinny and not overly athletic or explosive but could end up being like Cam Reddish with Rudy Gay being an interesting comp), but I wouldn't hold my breath.  If we need extra shooting then we should look at Tyrell Terry, Markus Howard (two smaller/tiny point guards) along with Mason Jones, Sam Merrill and Corey Kispert.

If we go 4-4 or 5-3 we will be ok, but after watching the LA game yesterday we will get killed by any of those teams in a series. 

If we go 4-4 or 5-3 we will be ok, but after watching the LA game yesterday we will get killed by any of those teams in a series. 

Just because those are the veteran-heavy teams.  Playing either in the first round would help speed up our rebuild and we could hit our core's prime SOONER.

I think most Bubble teams win between 3 and 5 games.  I don't see any team winning 6 games.  Or, only winning 2 games.

Just now, ALT GRIND said:

Would probably have to trade into the 5 range for a great chance at Deni.  I can see him going top 3.  Enough Luka flashes along with more size/length and what looks like a better frame.

Don't get Patrick Williams, Jr.  Someone sell me on him....  I think Precious Achuiwa is the better combo forward with 2 way potential.  I like Cassius Stanley.  Can run the floor, defend and throw down lobs.  He can be our 2 guard version of Brandon Clarke.  I like Tyler Bey but I would like him MORE if he could shoot better/if his shot was for real.  That being said, he has ideal length/defense/rebounding for that 3 spot (and small ball 4).  Could end up being a broke man's Kawhi Leonard.  One of those guys could be there at 40, maybe Jaden McDaniels (shows flashes but is raw and skinny and not overly athletic or explosive but could end up being like Cam Reddish with Rudy Gay being an interesting comp), but I wouldn't hold my breath.  If we need extra shooting then we should look at Tyrell Terry, Markus Howard (two smaller/tiny point guards) along with Mason Jones, Sam Merrill and Corey Kispert.

Corey Kispert is perfect for the 40th pick. A sniper, imagine if we draft him and Aaron Nesmith, Ja would have so much space.

Patrick Williams will be what Jeff Green should have been, an athletic combo forward that will be a legit 2nd or 3rd option

Just because those are the veteran-heavy teams.  Playing either in the first round would help speed up our rebuild and we could hit our core's prime SOONER.

I think most Bubble teams win between 3 and 5 games.  I don't see any team winning 6 games.  Or, only winning 2 games.

Yeah, I hope we make straight to the Playoffs and give LA a 6 or 7 game series. 

2 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

If the Grizz get to the playoffs it would be good experience for the young guys. But we won't go past the 1st round, that's pretty much a given. 

Just now, Ja_Rules said:

If so, do you guys prefer to make the Playoffs or to have a small chance on a lottery pick? 

That we have to give up to Boston?

Just now, Ja_Rules said:

Corey Kispert is perfect for the 40th pick. A sniper, imagine if we draft him and Aaron Nesmith, Ja would have so much space.

Patrick Williams will be what Jeff Green should have been, an athletic combo forward that will be a legit 2nd or 3rd option

I like Kispert, too.  Haven't done a ton of research on him but I watched a few highlight clips on YouTube and he is one of 80ish (90???) guys I did advanced-stats number crunching for.

He looks like a "fit" piece.  Looks like he has solid size and athleticism.  I was looking for the Dan Majerle type in this draft -- could be Corey Kispert.

Patrick Williams, Jr. at 40... sure.  If I traded up I would rather have Precious Achiuwa.  Great frame (LeBronesque?), with potential as a 5 position defender, alpha rebounder, dunk artist, weak side shot blocker and a guy who can get to the line (with a coin toss to convert).

Markus Howard is tiny... but man he can shoot/score.  Not a great frame but looks a bit better than Trae Young's.  Maybe he can put on 5-10 pounds of muscle.  Up shot: would be a killer back court duo (on offense.  and, yeah, on defense too since we would get slaughtered) with Ja Morant.  Also a good buddy cop option with De'Anthony Melton.

19 minutes ago, grizz09 said:

6-16 overall, 2-9 from 3, and a barrage of horrible shots and getting cooked on defense

Another guy was 7-22 overall. 1-7 from 3, and I don't hear any complaints. 

This stuff happens, Sometimes it's about who the other team most wants to stop.

Not sure what happened with JV today. 5 fouls and only 14 minutes on the court.

I like Kispert, too.  Haven't done a ton of research on him but I watched a few highlight clips on YouTube and he is one of 80ish (90???) guys I did advanced-stats number crunching for.

He looks like a "fit" piece.  Looks like he has solid size and athleticism.  I was looking for the Dan Majerle type in this draft -- could be Corey Kispert.

Patrick Williams, Jr. at 40... sure.  If I traded up I would rather have Precious Achiuwa.  Great frame (LeBronesque?), with potential as a 5 position defender, alpha rebounder, dunk artist, weak side shot blocker and a guy who can get to the line (with a coin toss to convert).

Markus Howard is tiny... but man he can shoot/score.  Not a great frame but looks a bit better than Trae Young's.  Maybe he can put on 5-10 pounds of muscle.  Up shot: would be a killer back court duo (on offense.  and, yeah, on defense too since we would get slaughtered) with Ja Morant.  Also a good buddy cop option with De'Anthony Melton.

Precious cant shoot, both will be good player, but Patrick will be a pf/sf and Precious will be a pf/C in the league. I think Patrick fits better.

1 minute ago, GameOn said:

But he killed than on those minutes, its on refs and Jenkins, I would put him in as soon as Nurkic fouled out, that would force them to adjust and put Whiteside in.

3 minutes ago, TimBC said:

Bad night shooting 3's for Ja. But he was a force out there (but not in the first half).

Just now, Ja_Rules said:

But he killed than on those minutes, its on refs and Jenkins, I would put him in as soon as Nurkic fouled out, that would force them to adjust and put Whiteside in.

JV would have feasted when Nurkic fouled out.

Precious cant shoot, both will be good player, but Patrick will be a pf/sf and Precious will be a pf/C in the league. I think Patrick fits better.

Achiuwa could either defend or help defend pretty much anyone in the league.  Not a shooter, and went 1-for-infinity when closely guarded on jump shots but he actually didn't have terrible percentages from 3.  Upside: we could potentially go Clarke/Achiuwa/Jaren up front in some shift changes.  Precious is also a good pick and roll option and lob threat.  He also has good grab-and-go potential.

6 minutes ago, TimBC said:

Nah, it's Jaren who hurt the team, 3 rebs and 5 fouls

23 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

No matter what happens during the rest of the bubble we need to add tough wing defenders preferably legit 3 and D types (especially if Winslow won't be 100% that much) either in the draft or in free agency.

Just now, BigHunkALove said:

Nah, it's Jaren who hurt the team, 3 rebs and 5 fouls

I'd say Dillon did his fair share of damage.

8 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Murcia, Collins and Whiteside not to mention McCollum and Lillard getting straight line runs to the hoop. That will get anyone in foul trouble. 

And please stop pointing fingers at players to blame. The team lost. Everyone has  to learn from this and get better. 

Just now, chipc3 said:

Murcia, Collins and Whiteside not to mention McCollum and Lillard getting straight line runs to the hoop. That will get anyone in foul trouble. 

Wow. 573 replies in this game thread. Is that a new record?