Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Dallas Mavericks - 3/6/20

Just now, GameOn said:

Melton:  total stats for the game = 1 block

Josh:  16 pts/2 reb/2 ast/1 stl/1 blk

Yeah, TJ, this should be a no-brainer.

I already said that, Josh is starting material. I hope to have the J squad as the starters: Ja/Josh/Justise/Jaren/Jonas

What a difference from the last game. Tonight, other than a stint in the 4th quarter, the Grizzlies were low energy borderline brain dead zombies. At least start Josh instead of Melton tomorrow. Melton isn't quite ready for prime time.

4 minutes ago, GameOn said:

What a difference from the last game. Tonight, other than a stint in the 4th quarter, the Grizzlies were low energy borderline brain dead zombies. At least start Josh instead of Melton tomorrow. Melton isn't quite ready for prime time.

Crazy thing is the starters are killing us. The bench mob took the led and left the game with a two point deficit. 

-Ja is too pass first with no real scoring options to pass on the perimeter 

-Dillion is either hit or miss but regardless he gne chuck 

-Deanthony and Kyle are non factors on offense because neither likes to shoot and are not particularly good at it

-Jonas aside from rebounding, if he gets no touches he becomes a non factor 

The bench on the other hand has two shot creators in Tyus and Josh and good floor spacing. They also play defense and run. 

4 minutes ago, QMemphis said:

Crazy thing is the starters are killing us. The bench mob took the led and left the game with a two point deficit. 

-Ja is too pass first with no real scoring options to pass on the perimeter 

-Dillion is either hit or miss but regardless he gne chuck 

-Deanthony and Kyle are non factors on offense because neither likes to shoot and are not particularly good at it

-Jonas aside from rebounding, if he gets no touches he becomes a non factor 

The bench on the other hand has two shot creators in Tyus and Josh and good floor spacing. They also play defense and run. 

The starting line up has to be tweaked. Start Josh instead of Melton. Hopefully Jaren is back soon, then Kyle goes back to the bench.

Not only start Josh but, if it comes down to it, I'm resigning him over Melton. Thankfully it's looking like we'll be able to resign both easily.

9 minutes ago, cdp said:

Not only start Josh but, if it comes down to it, I'm resigning him over Melton. Thankfully it's looking like we'll be able to resign both easily.

+1000...  Totally agree with this...  Sign Melton but not at the expense of Josh Jackson who is bigger and 10 times better...  Melton is an undersized combo guard..  Our backcourt looks like a low budget Blazers backcourt with Melton starting....😂

We'll see if TJ makes the obvious changes. The starting lineup almost looks like it's designed to make JV and Ja ineffective. Put Josh out there. Run Melton with the 2nd unit. Honestly, I'd rather play Tolliver with the starters over Anderson because ja and JV need SPACE, not Kyle. DB and Tolliver space and Ja and JV can get some room to work while Josh can create and shoot.

3 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

We'll see if TJ makes the obvious changes. The starting lineup almost looks like it's designed to make JV and Ja ineffective. Put Josh out there. Run Melton with the 2nd unit. Honestly, I'd rather play Tolliver with the starters over Anderson because ja and JV need SPACE, not Kyle. DB and Tolliver space and Ja and JV can get some room to work while Josh can create and shoot.

This. 

5 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I’m not sure what’s the point of dragging Grayson Allen to away games when he still needs crutches to walk.

i don't think he's on crutches anymore, at least not all the time

josh and melton are redundant but josh is clearly better.  i don't think they should re-sign both of them this summer.

9 minutes ago, grizz09 said:

i don't think he's on crutches anymore, at least not all the time

He was on crutches during the initial huddle.

good to see Portland lost

8 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

He was on crutches during the initial huddle.

got it, i've seen him both with and without them.

12 hours ago, grizz09 said:

josh and melton are redundant but josh is clearly better.  i don't think they should re-sign both of them this summer.

Melton is a solid defender and a good 3rd PG/Combo Guard 

16 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

+1

2 hours ago, QMemphis said:

Melton is a solid defender and a good 3rd PG/Combo Guard 

not denying that, but he can't dribble and is turnover/near turnover prone.  definitely not a starter.