chipc3

8 Game Prediction: February 28-March 12

What Will the Grizzlies Record Be over the Next 8 Games?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. What Will the Grizzlies Record Be over the Next 8 Games?

• 0 wins
    • 1 win
    • 2 wins
    • 3 wins
    • 4 wins
    • 5 wins
    • 6 wins
    • 7 wins
    • 8 wins

We are up for another 8 game session. With 24 games remaining after the Houston game, we are breaking down the season into easy to digest 8 game segments similar to Hubie Brown's old system of breaking down the season into 7 games subsets. 

Fri, Feb 28 7:00 PM    
Sat, Feb 29 7:00 PM    
Mon, Mar 2 6:30 PM    
Wed, Mar 4 6:30 PM    
Fri, Mar 6 7:30 PM    
Sat, Mar 7 7:00 PM    
Tue, Mar 10 7:00 PM

Thu, Mar 12 9:00 PM

Make your predictions on how the Grizzlies will do over this stretch. 

Screwed up posting this. It was supposed to go up last night. Sorry. 

1 minute ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Can you edit your thread title?

How is that? 

1 minute ago, Grizzled Vet said:

You have 8 days, but you meant 8 games, unless you mean it as a trick question to only get us to the Mavs game in 8 days.

It's not a big deal.

Got it. It was the poll title that I messed up on. Thanks for catching that. 

Being a realistic optimist, as before, 4 wins would be a good goal that I'm not sure they can attain given health situation, but that's my projection, but it is truly one of optimism.

But in looking at the Pelicans and Portland's schedule, I'm not sure they pick up that much ground if Grizz can win 4.

They need some practice time trying to fix a system not set up for the current players that aren't very good.

15 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Being a realistic optimist, as before, 4 wins would be a good goal that I'm not sure they can attain given health situation, but that's my projection, but it is truly one of optimism.

But in looking at the Pelicans and Portland's schedule, I'm not sure they pick up that much ground if Grizz can win 4.

They need some practice time trying to fix a system not set up for the current players that aren't very good.

Dillon and JV have to get hot again. It looks bad now but right now I like that Dillon will keep shooting and that he does better against bad teams. Until Winslow and JJJ get back.

We better go at least 5 and 3.

I can see a bunch of these games going down to the wire.

The Zion Show is really fun to watch but I am not sure it is an unbeatable brand of basketball.  Small ball looks like the 3 stooges found two more guys at the rec center to run full court with BUT it wins.  Zion Ball has led to mediocre results, ultimately.

Looks like the Grizzlies are gonna have to beat themselves.  

I still feel good about Ja PLUS four rec league guys.

UNFORTUNATELY, we have NBA PLAYERS on our roster.  And, NBA PLAYERS are PARTICULARLY vulnerable to this new STRAND of basketball.

#MoreyVirus

I say 3 - 5.

Although the way we played the last 3 games, it's hard to imagine us winning any of the games.

I went 4 - 4. I say we take one of Kings or Nets, one of the Hawks games and hopefully the last two vs Magic and Blazers. 

Don't see a chance vs Lakers or Dallas with the doctor's appointments piling up. 

After 4 losses maybe guys realized that this is NBA,  if guys don't leave 100% on the floor - they have no business to suit up at all.

I say - 5 wins. Last game on the road against Blazers - right now Blazers have better team on the injury reserve.  When time will come to play us - they might be out of play-off picture. Sure, that's a very wishful  thinking, but our guys are talented. They just need to play like a men.

Fri, Feb 28 7:00 PM LOSS    
Sat, Feb 29 7:00 PM WIN    
Mon, Mar 2 6:30 PM    
Wed, Mar 4 6:30 PM    
Fri, Mar 6 7:30 PM    
Sat, Mar 7 7:00 PM    
Tue, Mar 10 7:00 PM

-

Thu, Mar 12 9:00 PM

Getting LA helps, dropping sac hurts the playoff race a little, but they're hot. I'm hoping jaren might be back by that Dallas game. Brooklyn and Orlando just aren't that good, Atlanta is playing better, but they're still not great. Portland isn't very good either. 

Halfway through sitting at 3-1. Need to finish strong as the last two 8 game stretches are horrendously difficult. Ima hope for 3-1 in the next 4, have to get 2 to stay alive realistically.

Already 4-2.

At the top of this thread, I thought 4 wins was optimistic but they've responded after struggling without JJJ and BC.

Now, I hope for 6 wins, and would be disappointed with 4.

10 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Already 4-2.

At the top of this thread, I thought 4 wins was optimistic but they've responded after struggling without JJJ and BC.

Now, I hope for 6 wins, and would be disappointed with 4.

We were looking pretty bad when this thread was started.