Lugan Village

Disappointment in JV Play

now back to J.V with some of our big guys hurt how , J,V need to step up and pick up the void , this team needs wins now 

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

I dont think its necessarily he was protected but I have seen this with older players, especially on bad teams. Such as Gasol. If you are on a bad team, the opposition generally takes it light on you most nights and just beats you when they have to.  The best player benefits stastically because so many plays are run for them. Then that player gets shipped to another team that is played a little tougher on a nightly basis and that team isnt doing as much to keep the player in rhythm or get his shots in his comfort zone. 

This is like all Patriots players (and assistants) that go to other teams and are disappointing.

I also think there is an emotional element involved for a lot of players.  Conley was heavily invested and identified with being a Memphis Grizzlies guy.  It's tough being brought in to an established team and being expected to boost that team.

Just now, Lugan Village said:

looks like JV was just going thru a mid-season blues...obvious response from him...

So how do you like me now?

Much needed comeback for him, without Clarke/Jaren is up to him, Dillon and in special Ja to play out of their minds to we have any Playoff chance. Tyus is playing great also. 

55 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

looks like JV was just going thru a mid-season blues...obvious response from him...

So how do you like me now?

Ja has developed pretty good chemistry with all the Bigs.    Ja has been sure to look for him and playing PNRoll.   Which is Best way to utilize Jonas.     

During the losing streak they were dumping it down to him like he is Zbo or something.     He was over-dribbling getting stripped and missing shots.  Our poor spacing just magnified that.   Jonas having to take more than 2 dribbles is a 50/50 proposition at best. 

Jonas setting a pick and rolling to rim is 75% gonna end in points.  Last couple of games thats how he has been playing. 

14 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

JV has an insane season, probably his best. He seems to enjoy playing with the kids and if he can play the last 20 at this level, we will go to PO. Go Grizzz !!!

Last game, JV recorded a new career high 30 double doubles. And, knock on wood, he has had no major injuries. Hopefully, Jaren and BC are back soon for the final playoff push.

When JJJ and BC get healthy, I would hope this team will recognize they are playing playoff games for next 6 weeks....and with that they need to decide whether to sacrifice their individual play for team play...Dillon listening?  Maybe you don't need to think shot first every time you touch the ball,  for JJJ not much to add since I really liked the way he was becoming a complete player, inside and out game...JA, the pick & roll with JV is deadly and his penetration hard to the basket needs to be selective...don't get hurt, JV just protect the RIM, set your picks, continue to dominate the paint and if your scoring slips, who cares as long as we win...

Jenkins, stop experimenting as this team will learn more individually and as a team by being in play-off run, than a coach tinkering from what has proven to work well.

4 hours ago, Lugan Village said:

When JJJ and BC get healthy, I would hope this team will recognize they are playing playoff games for next 6 weeks....and with that they need to decide whether to sacrifice their individual play for team play...Dillon listening?  Maybe you don't need to think shot first every time you touch the ball,  for JJJ not much to add since I really liked the way he was becoming a complete player, inside and out game...JA, the pick & roll with JV is deadly and his penetration hard to the basket needs to be selective...don't get hurt, JV just protect the RIM, set your picks, continue to dominate the paint and if your scoring slips, who cares as long as we win...

Jenkins, stop experimenting as this team will learn more individually and as a team by being in play-off run, than a coach tinkering from what has proven to work well.

Dillon's problem is that almost every time he tries to pass the ball, it ends up in a turnover. Not sure how to fix that.

56 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Dillon's problem is that almost every time he tries to pass the ball, it ends up in a turnover. Not sure how to fix that.

Not pass. 

Let dillon play the way he play. He will miss shoot for sure, make dumb action for sure, but fight for the team  as no one and when he have good night score a lot. I dont think he can improve much but i like it the way he is. Even if he make me crazy sometime....

3 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Not pass. 

Poor Dillon. Relegated to the lonely life of ISO ball.

1 hour ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Let dillon play the way he play. He will miss shoot for sure, make dumb action for sure, but fight for the team  as no one and when he have good night score a lot. I dont think he can improve much but i like it the way he is. Even if he make me crazy sometime....

Hey bro, are you still in China? Kinda crazy out there with the virus.

2 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Hey bro, are you still in China? Kinda crazy out there with the virus.

No im in Thailand office now. Not allowed to go China at the moment, or travel. Main office ask us to avoid trip. Which is a good news as we are in NBA money time !!! Hope you guys not having too much problem with this too.

Good to hear that you got out of China. It's not a big problem in North America at this time.

15 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Good to hear that you got out of China. It's not a big problem in North America at this time.

With the current state of world affairs it doesn't take much for some really serious bleep to start rolling. Especially then economies are overheated and on the edge. We are soooooo lucky to exist in a world without natural nasty calamities that sometimes I think that we are overdue. We should treasure every day as the last day. Because bleep - and that's it.

11 minutes ago, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

With the current state of world affairs it doesn't take much for some really serious bleep to start rolling. Especially then economies are overheated and on the edge. We are soooooo lucky to exist in a world without natural nasty calamities that sometimes I think that we are overdue. We should treasure every day as the last day. Because bleep - and that's it.

Words of wisdom.

2 hours ago, GameOn said:

Poor Dillon. Relegated to the lonely life of ISO ball.

Hahahahahahaha I dont think he would mind that.