Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Sacramento Kings @ Memphis Grizzlies - 2/28/20

I cannot F'ING STAND Kyle Anderson anymore.  His shtick is played out.  He is such a drag on the offense, and has single-handedly turned the most exciting offense in the league into a relic of the nineties.  His occasional high basketball IQ pass or defensive positioning doesn't come close to making up for that.

Josh is really bad at 3 point, it was the last guy i will give the ball for last possession But as Dillon was fouled out, i will keep Josh on the floor. Just show how much option we have...

TJ better start next game with a Ja/Melton/Dillon/Josh/JV 

Bring in of the bench:

Tyus/Konchar/Guduric/SlowMo/Dieng

Just now, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Josh is really bad at 3 point, it was the last guy i will give the ball for last possession But as Dillon was fouled out, i will keep Josh on the floor.

The last guy I would give a 3 isnt Josh, and if was not for him we would lost this game by 10, he should start from next game on. Till our other guys come back.

1 minute ago, BnaBreaker said:

I cannot F'ING STAND Kyle Anderson anymore.  His shtick is played out.  He is such a drag on the offense, and has single-handedly turned the most exciting offense in the league into a relic of the nineties.  

Yea he needs to be traded this summer.  He simply doesn't fit this offense at all.   Josh being solid - just shows u that any decent wing can look good in this type of offense.  

Taylor just seems to love bad mismatch lineups too.     He played 2 Gleaguers in first half for zero reason and we loss the lead in 2nd quarter when he played them.  End up losing by 3pts.    This L on the coach more than the injuries. 

Other thing, TJ is doing a terrible job lately, I know the main guys are hurt but his overall rotation and subs are just dumb. The lineups makes no sense most of the time.

4 minutes ago, KGF said:

The Grizzlies needed a 3 and Taylor Jenkins puts in a guy who can't and won't shoot 3s and when he does he has the world's slowest release. Really?!

And don't forget he put in Jonas too.   Dieng is a better 3pt shooter.    All he had to do was sub Jonas for Dieng. 

5 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

I cannot F'ING STAND Kyle Anderson anymore.  His shtick is played out.  He is such a drag on the offense, and has single-handedly turned the most exciting offense in the league into a relic of the nineties.  His occasional high basketball IQ pass or defensive positioning doesn't come close to making up for that.

Kyle is a situational player nothing more than that. He's not a starter that you give big minutes to.

Just now, Ja_Rules said:

Other thing, TJ is doing a terrible job lately, I know the main guys are hurt but his overall rotation and subs are just dumb. The lineups makes no sense most of the time.

Only GLeaguer i wouldve played tonight was Uthoff.   Just to see if he can shoot in NBA.  

Just now, Ja_Rules said:

Agreed... I mean I know he's a rookie coach, but stuff like that shouldn't have to be learned.  

Just now, KGF said:

Kyle is a situational player nothing more than that. He's not a starter that you give big minutes to.

Somebody please tell Taylor this because he had 3rd most minutes on the team.  

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea he needs to be traded this summer.  He simply doesn't fit this offense at all.   Josh being solid - just shows u that any decent wing can look good in this type of offense.  

Taylor just seems to love bad mismatch lineups too.     He played 2 Gleaguers in first half for zero reason and we loss the lead in 2nd quarter when he played them.  End up losing by 3pts.    This L on the coach more than the injuries. 

Just now, KGF said:

Agreed completely with all of this.

6 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

The last guy I would give a 3 isnt Josh, and if was not for him we would lost this game by 10, he should start from next game on. Till our other guys come back.

Jenkins has to shake up the lineup. Five losses in a row. It's time ...

7 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

And don't forget he put in Jonas too.   Dieng is a better 3pt shooter.    All he had to do was sub Jonas for Dieng. 

Dieng Really??  The guy who jacks shots everytime he touched the ball and was 0-4 from three??  At least Jonas was  1-3... For people that dont really know basketball, Jonas is the third best player on this team period..  He is being  coached and used incorectly..  He needs to get the ball in the post close to the basket.  Not set horn screens for below average perimeter players who either wont shoot or take bad/forced shots.  

Just now, Grizzhype said:

Dieng Really??  The guy who jacks shots everytime he touched the ball and was 0-4 from three??  At least Jonas was  1-3... For people that dont really know basketball, Jonas is the third best player on this team period..  He is being  coached and used incorectly..  He needs to get the ball in post close to the basket.  Not set horn screens for below  average perimeter players who either wont shoot or take bad shots.  

Yea Dieng over Jonas for a THREE point shot.   IF we needed a rebound or someone to take a low post shot then i see your point.   Otherwise heck no.    Jonas release is too slow on 3s.     

Offense needs to revolve around Ja and Jaren.   They don't need to put a ton of effort into figuring out how to maximize anybody else.  

5 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Not tonight. Dieng 0 of 4 from 3. JV 1 of 3 from 3. But I wouldn't have either of them shooting a 3 for the last play of the game. Jenkins probably wanted JV to screen for whomever was supposed to take the shot. What was Tyus doing running across the court, with 4 seconds left, before shooting the 3?

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I was fine with Jonas being in. I would've been fine with Tyus/Ja/Melton/Dieng/Jonas. With the player the Grizzlies had available thia is probably the best lineup for a team needing a 3.

Imagine a team needing a 3 with 4 seconds left and Kyle is not only in the game but he's catching the inbounds pass. WTF.

I hate to do it, but we wont make the Playoffs this year. And if we dont move right, it wont be next year either. That shows how much we need to get better, because GS and probably Blazers will be there next year.

12 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Somebody please tell Taylor this because he had 3rd most minutes on the team.  

Yeah, Kyle played 33 minutes tonight.

Just now, KGF said:

I was fine with Jonas being in. I would've been fine with Tyus/Ja/Melton/Dieng/Jonas. With the player the Grizzlies had available thia is probably the best lineup for a team needing a 3.

Imagine a team needing a 3 with 4 seconds left and Kyle is not only in the game but he's catching the inbounds pass. WTF.

If Jonas was in then he shouldve been the one doing the handoff setting screen to get Tyus free.     Kyle shouldve been in locker-room.   IT would've taken him 4 secs just to wind up the shot.  Absolutely useless out there. 

11 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea Dieng over Jonas for a THREE point shot.   IF we needed a rebound or someone to take a low post shot then i see your point.   Otherwise heck no.    Jonas release is too slow on 3s.     

Offense needs to revolve around Ja and Jaren.   They don't need to put a ton of effort into figuring out how to maximize anybody else.  

its not as simple as that...  The real problem is the way they run the 5 out set with Ja dribbling the ball on the perimeter,  walking the ball up the floor, no hard  backcuts and people who wont pass the ball inside..  Where are the backscreens and baseline cross screens to get a player open close to the basket??  It  absolutely infuriates me to watch Ja dribble around the perimeter only to stand around and pass the ball to Kyle Anderson.... Kyle freaking Anderson??  Or let Dillion go....Dillioin...  No attacking on drives and not attacking the defense with passes on cuts.... smh

16 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

Say hello to 10 game losing streak 

Time for this board to invoke suicide watch protocols. 🤪