chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Houston Rockets 2/26/20

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Monday, February 26, 7:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies @ Houston Rockets

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: None

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Ja Morant Dillon Brooks Kyle Anderson Josh Jackson Jonas Valanciunas
1629630.png 1628415.png 203937.png 1628367.png 202685.png

Rockets Starting 5

Russell Westbrook James Hardin Daniel House P J Tucker Robert Covington
201566.png 201935.png 1627863.png 200782.png 203496.png

Benches

Grizzlies: Grayson Allen (INJ), JOrdan Bell, Brandon Clarke (INJ), Gorgui Dieng, Marco Guduric, Dusty Hannahs, Jaren Jackson Jr (INJ), Josh Jackson, Tyus Jones, John Konchar (2), De'Anthony Melton, Yuta Watanabe (2), Justise Winslow 

Houston: Bruno Caboclo, Demarre Carroll, Tyson Chandler, Chris Clemons, Michael Frazier, Eric Gordon, Jeff Green, Isaiah Hartenstein, William Howard, Ben McLemore, Austin Rivers, Thabo Sefolosha,  

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Rockets: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

I think this will be their revenge game, Harden will go rampage mode and he will have Westbrook company. 

I"m sticking with Brandon Clarke in the starting lineup unless I hear otherwise. I am also keeping Russell Westbrook in despite not playing last night and seemingly ducking Ja Morant every time they play us this season. 

Houston figured out the Westbrook conundrum.   They have surrounded him and Harden with floor spacers and let him do what he does.   Memphis needs to take note and follow suit with Ja.    When your leading scorer most important player thrives by attacking and dishing.  Then don't put him in lineups that resemble the 2015 GnG Grizzl.

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

I"m sticking with Brandon Clarke in the starting lineup unless I hear otherwise. I am also keeping Russell Westbrook in despite not playing last night and seemingly ducking Ja Morant every time they play us this season. 

Have a hard time seeing Russell Westbrook duck anyone. 

51 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Have a hard time seeing Russell Westbrook duck anyone. 

Can you really not see that was satire? 😒

34 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Can you really not see that was satire? 😒

With you, not really. 

Dillon brooks needs to step up , brooks signs a new contract, then disappears . for this teams to complete at the next levels we CANNOT have our young player that we are counting on take steps back,  this  is a small markets every BIg signing COUNTS 

Just now, lions said:

Dillon brooks needs to step up , brooks signs a new contract, then disappears . for this teams to complete at the next levels we CANNOT have our young player that we are counting on take steps back,  this  is a small markets every BIg signing COUNTS 

Isn't that the problem with young players, especially one's who haven't played a lot like Brandon (rookie), Dillon (missed most of last season), Jaren (missed the final thrid of the season last year), etc. The rookie wall isn't limited to rookies. It appears the youth is hitting a wall and they will either fight through it or falter. Either way it is a learning experience and one that will benefit them this summer and moving forward...hopefully.  

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Isn't that the problem with young players, especially one's who haven't played a lot like Brandon (rookie), Dillon (missed most of last season), Jaren (missed the final thrid of the season last year), etc. The rookie wall isn't limited to rookies. It appears the youth is hitting a wall and they will either fight through it or falter. Either way it is a learning experience and one that will benefit them this summer and moving forward...hopefully.  

its funny he hits the wall right after signing a new contract 

any news on Justin winslow

Just now, lions said:

its funny he hits the wall right after signing a new contract 

Well he hit the wall, Ja has hit the wall, Jaren is injured again, Brandon is injured. Grayson is out for the season apparently, Justise has shown no signs of being able to play. Things haven't looked that great since the team traded Jae and Solomon. 

5 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I,m happy with Jaren this year , to me he is playing much better then last year

Just now, lions said:

I,m happy with Jaren this year , to me he is playing much better then last year

I'm glad you are happy. 

Just now, chipc3 said:

I'm glad you are happy. 

I,m 95 percent of the time HAPPY

when your 55 you should have figure out life by now 

Just now, I❤️JV said:

somehow we changed from pumpkin to a princes ...clock stroke trade deadline....and we are back being a pumpkin... 

Chemistry was shaken by trading the great locker room presences in Jae and Solomon. I wasn't expecting this big of a response but I do believe chemistry is a scary thing to mess with. 

If the Grizzlies can make the play-off this will make it sweeter 

Just now, I❤️JV said:

booze or drugs?

family /GOD

Just now, I❤️JV said:

good for you...

amen

If this is gonna be Bruno Revenge Night it is gonna be a long night.  On the other hand, the Rockets have Jeff Green and that guy never DOESN'T disappoint.  

Let's go with Ja/Konchar/Melton/Dillon/Clarke with Josh as our 6th man.

4 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

If this is gonna be Bruno Revenge Night it is gonna be a long night.  On the other hand, the Rockets have Jeff Green and that guy never DOESN'T disappoint.  

Let's go with Ja/Konchar/Melton/Dillon/Clarke with Josh as our 6th man.

Brandon Clarke has a right quadricep injury and will be re-evaluated in two weeks.

15 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Brandon Clarke has a right quadricep injury and will be re-evaluated in two weeks.

Ouch.  Looks like our front line is two weeks away from being two weeks away.

Go with Ja/Konchar/Melton/Dillon/Bell.

Jonas is the sixth man. 

small ball bench mob of Tyus, Marko, Josh, Kyle, when Dieng.

39 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

With Clarke and Jaren out our players should be less pressured than they are. We aren't suppose to win any game so let it fly and play the best D we can.

Ja/Tyus/Melton

Dillon/Melton/Guduric or Konchar

Josh/Guduric or Konchar/SlowMo 

Bell/SlowMo/Yuta

Dieng/JV

Let put the best shooting options and rim runners with Ja and the rest come of the bench and fight. Also this way we put JV as the 1st option of the bench.