Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ L A Clippers 2/24/20

Just now, grizz1016 said:

Not having Crowder or Hill removes two wings willing to shoot the long ball. They didn't make it at a high clip but it kept defenses honest. We don't have that with the wings now hence it's easier to pack it in. Dillon slump isn't helping but he single handedly won't improve the offense.

This, and that give Ja the space he needed to work. I hope Winslow plays really well because this trade doesn't look good at all. Like I already said, I would try to bring those guys back next offseason 

Just now, Ja_Rules said:

This, and that give Ja the space he needed to work. I hope Winslow plays really well because this trade doesn't look good at all. Like I already said, I would try to bring those guys back next offseason 

Trade is for the long term so I don't have a problem with it. Making POs would be fun this season but that has never been the FO's primary  goal.

6 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

We miss Solo and Jae badly. We should trade SlowMo + Allen for a wing scorer aka Fournier or Hield or Lavine. And bring one of them or both of them back, I expect both to be available, in special Solo. We miss them on and off the court, the space they gave to Ja and the lines they open on offense are surely missed. Also they give our young guys some swagger.  

If Jae n Solo really made that much of a difference, then this team isn't as good as we'd like to believe. Fact is they've been overachieving and are now getting hit with injuries and a tough schedule on top of it. Definitely need some more pieces especially at the wings. Hopefully atleast one of Jackson or Winslow can develop into something special.

Just now, Ja_Rules said:

No just no to Crowder and Hill.       Grayson is coming back and Winslow too.  Both of them give us better shooting than Hill and Crowder.   Jaren and BC will makeup the difference.   

Also notice how much better they look when they play with pace. 

Just now, cdp said:

If Jae n Solo really made that much of a difference, then this team isn't as good as we'd like to believe. Fact is they've been overachieving and are now getting hit with injuries and a tough schedule on top of it. Definitely need some more pieces especially at the wings. Hopefully atleast one of Jackson or Winslow can develop into something special.

They are not that good but their presence helped in spacing. We haven't replaced them with wings that can do the same. Anyways, long term outlook is the play here. 

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

No just no to Crowder and Hill.       Grayson is coming back and Winslow too.  Both of them give us better shooting than Hill and Crowder.   Jaren and BC will makeup the difference.   

It's an explanation of why the offense has stagnated now. Next season, Allen and Winslow will help.

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Absolutly, this was one of  our big strengh for the first half of season. but this means beeing fit and healthy.

It's ridiculous that even with the team short on forwards and the surplus of guards, Jenkins refuses to call up Yuta Watanabe. It seems that Yuta's close to his maximum 45 day limit and Jenkins would rather play a depleted roster than call him up or promote him to a roster spot. It's not like the team needs a defensive minded forward who can hit threes right?

We keep getting blown out in the first half of games we came back vs The Wiz because they suck but this is getting old pretty fast.

Just now, costarica2 said:

We keep getting blown out in the first half of games we came back vs The Wiz because they suck but this is getting old pretty fast.

No offensive flow in the starting lineup

Just now, grizz1016 said:

Trade is for the long term so I don't have a problem with it. Making POs would be fun this season but that has never been the FO's primary  goal.

Just now, cdp said:

Dont underestimate what experience can give you, those guys where helping a lot, and althought I was open to trade them, that should be for the better of the team. Also talking about experience it would do wonders for Ja and Jaren careers to make the Playoffs this early. 

Whatever happens the rest of the season, whether we make the playoffs or not, at least we'll go into the offseason with 100% certainty knowing on what we need to add to the roster: perimeter shooting and scoring. This team with a good wing scorer is a threat for many years. 

Josh make some stupid things but I see a lot of potential in him. It is like Caboclo he has everything to suceed, it is up to him if he will ever make it.

Just now, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Aww man, Josh sucks again

Nah its just that we don't want to put Josh in position where he has to be an offensive primary.   Sorta like we don't want Dillon to have to be either.    Josh is best as swiss-army knife.   Same with Melton.  Perfect guys to compliment a lineup with multiple Scorers.