Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ LA Lakers - 2/21/20

Like Pranica just said... we need to figure out what’s up with the starters. If JJJ is out for a minute what starting lineup do y’all want to see ??

I think Josh has to start truthfully. Kyle kills any spacing with that lineup. Josh isn't a great floor spacer, but you still have to honor him a little bit. They dare Kyle to shoot from deep. Dieng could start as well, but I'm not sure on the jaren/ Dieng lineup as they haven't played together much. 

1 minute ago, VikingWarrior said:

Like Pranica just said... we need to figure out what’s up with the starters. If JJJ is out for a minute what starting lineup do y’all want to see ??

Brandon makes sense. I'd like to see bell get some minutes off the bench as well. 

Just now, VikingWarrior said:

Starters are clearly the problem.     Kyle is a bad fit with them.    His passing and defense are cool and all but you need guys that are willing to catch and shoot in that lineup.    Like someone else said SloMo isn't a SF. 

Just now, costarica2 said:

Back to back games we dig ourselves into a hole early on.

TOs, FTs and bad shooting killed us both of those games. Yesterday coach make some stupid rotations also.

Our 3pt attempts have cratered lately too (only 16 for this game).   I dont think its a coincidence that swapping out Crowder for Kyle signaled the decline in attempts.    Crowder was a chucker but it did keep defenses honest. 

When you have a starting lineup with both Ja and Kyle being hesitant 3pt shooters that absolutely DESTROYS spacing and makes it hard on interior Big like Jonas.     FO gonna need to trade SloMo in the off season.  It should be clear as day that Josh is a better fit over him longterm.  

55 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

See Josh and Melton help them play with more pace.   That's why they are usually a positive when they come in. 

Melton is dribbling too much and trying to be like DB.

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Our 3pt attempts have cratered lately too (only 16 for this game).   I dont think its a coincidence that swapping out Crowder for Kyle signaled the decline in attempts.    Crowder was a chucker but it did keep defenses honest. 

When you have a starting lineup with both Ja and Kyle being hesitant 3pt shooters that absolutely DESTROYS spacing and makes it hard on interior Big like Jonas.     FO gonna need to trade SloMo in the off season.  It should be clear as day that Josh is a better fit over him longterm.  

Ja needs to be practicing shooting 3s, he's going to get killed running into the big guys in this league. They aren't boys and they play rough.

Bench outscores the starters tonight, 59 to 46. Starting lineup needs tweaking. Plus Jaren might be out for awhile.

40 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

This is a big problem. Without Jaren we are in deep ****. Nobody else seems to be able to hit any 3s except maybe Tyus, and Dillon is back to playing like a scrub again. Without 3s we are zero chance of playoffs 

Dont wanna start  laying into the kid, but Ja needs A LOT of work on taking and making 3s  Without that, he is Westbrook -1.0

4 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

FO gonna need to trade SloMo in the off season.  It should be clear as day that Josh is a better fit over him longterm.  

Really???

Seems like sort of a knee jerk reaction to me. I would not be too excited about the prospects of Josh Jackson being our starting SF moving forward.

I hope Winslow gets right quick.

4 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Dont wanna start  laying into the kid, but Ja needs A LOT of work on taking and making 3s  Without that, he is Westbrook -1.0

I mean that’s kinda obvious. 

Calm down guys. This season is still all about development 

the Lakers at this point are a better team right now , happy to Grizzlies showed some  heart 

6 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

yes, he needs to develop the long ball into his game, but for me..the more pressing need now is for him to take what the defense gives- take the 5 foot shot instead of hitting the rack. he does it some games and then others- he seems intent on attempting dunks or layups on every shot. 

slim.