Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Sacramento Kings 2/20/20

23 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Yeah, franchise history goes beyond October ‘19. ;)

How many times have we lost the season opener, even when we had good teams? And I can’t pull data right now but I remember I was often baffled in past seasons by the fact that we tended to do worse when we had 3 or more days of rest than 2 days or even back to backs.

My hope is this new team doesn’t behave like that and we come out of the ASG break with a pounding on the Kings.

In twenty seasons in Memphis we have three opening day wins.  One under Joerger and two under Fizdale.  Vancouver had two in six seasons.

11 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Do you know something, or is this wishful thinking?  I'm not seeing anything about it.  Looks like they'll be short of bigs though.  Holmes, Bagley, and Len all out.  I'm guessing Giles starts at center?

No, just basing my question on the lineup listed in the original game thread post, which omits Fox.

I haven't seen any intel either, so imagine its just an accidental omission, but wondered if someone knows something. From what I've seen, I expect he'll play and its just wishful thinking. 

The only news I have seen about injuries on the Kings roster is this:

10 days agoBagley said after Saturday's 122-102 win over the Spurs that he's "definitely going to try" and return to action this season, though he acknowledged the possibility that he'll be shut down if his left foot isn't 100 percent healthy, Sean Cunningham of ABC 10 Sacramento reports.

Parker, Len and Holmes were all out of Wednesday's game against the Mavs due to injury but there isn't a report on whether or not they should return after the All-Star Break. 

5 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

The only news I have seen about injuries on the Kings roster is this:

Parker, Len and Holmes were all out of Wednesday's game against the Mavs due to injury but there isn't a report on whether or not they should return after the All-Star Break. 

Scroll down past the roster and they have the injury report.  Not sure how up to date it is, but they seem to keep up fairly well.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAC/2020.html

Just now, smit-tay griz said:

Scroll down past the roster and they have the injury report.  Not sure how up to date it is, but they seem to keep up fairly well.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAC/2020.html

So Holmes and Bagley are both out for the game. Len and Parker are questionable but likely will play. 

57 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

We have to hit shots.  

That too.    The one thing that we do have now post trade - is back up bigs to JV and Jaren.   The front office should be given credit for fore-sight.

Thursday 2/20/2020 its game time sit back and lets enjoy and make that play-off run

We just have to play our game, period.  Don't try and feed the post all the time because of a size advantage.

I still have memories of that MLK game where we tried that and fell behind right away.  Then we got torched by 3's.  Sacramento has two very good 3 point shooters.

13 hours ago, lions said:

Thursday 2/20/2020 its game time sit back and lets enjoy and make that play-off run

O wow I though the game was tomorrow thanks for this .

On 2/19/2020 at 9:56 AM, fanboyslim said:

Yeah, franchise history goes beyond October ‘19. ;)

How many times have we lost the season opener, even when we had good teams? And I can’t pull data right now but I remember I was often baffled in past seasons by the fact that we tended to do worse when we had 3 or more days of rest than 2 days or even back to backs.

My hope is this new team doesn’t behave like that and we come out of the ASG break with a pounding on the Kings.

You can check the splits if you're curious - 2018-2019, we did better with more rest, 2017-2018 we just sucked no matter what, 2016-2017 we did WAY better with LESS rest (1-11 with 2 days rest, 1-2 with 3+ days rest - what the heck happened?!), 2015-2016 we were basically the same regardless of rest days, 2014-2015 we did better with more rest.

For this season, we are:
-5-2 on back-to-backs
-18-18 with 1 day of rest
-5-2 with 2 days of rest
-0-3 with 3+ days of rest

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MEM/2020/splits/

Though that only accounts for 25 of our 26 losses, so who knows where the other loss is being counted.

7 PM my time, turned on the stream - and nothing :( ........

Silly me, game is on the West coast, in Sacramento :) OK, I'll wait a bit longer. Yesterday was browsing along all the stats on NBA and etc, and saw that we are 14-5 in our last 19. We have tough schedule, with only 12 home games, but we will take around 10 out of 12, so yep, PLAYOFFS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26.5 looks silly now, ain't it? :)

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Im just ready for this game to start already.  Been too long with out Grizz highlights. 

I think we will have a good,  nice with quality W.  JA will show dunks that he had ready, but NBA decided that the rest of humanity was not. So, yep, HIGHLIGHTS!!!!! We are Grizzlies, not some Pelicans, or Hornets or some dancing fairies.

Grizzlies and JV. Flying JA, cool JJJ and the rest. Divac will need to down a bottle of whatever Serbian guys drink after today's game. Running a team is not so simple as being tall and ugly :)

On 2/18/2020 at 4:33 PM, lions said:

Lets start our play-off run with a W  this will be a Very important road team if the grizzlies can go 3-2 on this road trip I will be Happy 

Every game is important now. Only 28 games left in the regular season.

21 hours ago, lions said:

🍺 🍕 🏀

Let's Go Grizzlies. Hopefully we see Bell tonight.

Just now, toocoolkellz said:

I hate this late games 

After this game, the next 2 games start even later (30 minutes later).