Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Sacramento Kings 2/20/20

11 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I would go with Melton and slide Dillon to the 3.    Let DeAnthony guard the toughest Point Guard and hide Ja on defense.    I like Josh with the faster unit off the bench (Tyus, Brandon).   He seems to be much better in a transition type offense.   

That could work.  Melton is a heady basketball player who has shown the ability to score.  His tough defense and secondary ball handling usually helps whichever lineup he is a part of.  

Maybe those guys plus Tyus/Josh/Clarke should be our tighter 8 man rotation — at least for a game or two.  Let Dieng and Kyle take notes.  We lost our “gimme game” on this road trip to nowhere — Slo Mo and Yuta and the deep bench bunch might as well go to Wally World.

In my opinion, Dieng needs to be a part of the rotation especially against the two LA teams. The Lakers can throw out Javale McGee, Dwight Howard and Anthony Davis in the middle. JV and JJJ can't handle them. The Clippers can toss out Zubac and Harrell. Dieng seems like a better defensive alternative than Clark or Jackson against those two as well. 

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I would go with Melton and slide Dillon to the 3.    Let DeAnthony guard the toughest Point Guard and hide Ja on defense.    I like Josh with the faster unit off the bench (Tyus, Brandon).   He seems to be much better in a transition type offense.   

Yuta ....  no way you start a Two-way player on a NBA team unless forced by injury.     Clarke is the backup PF no reason to play him at SF.     

I didn't see anywhere to hide Ja last night.

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

In my opinion, Dieng needs to be a part of the rotation especially against the two LA teams. The Lakers can throw out Javale McGee, Dwight Howard and Anthony Davis in the middle. JV and JJJ can't handle them. The Clippers can toss out Zubac and Harrell. Dieng seems like a better defensive alternative than Clark or Jackson against those two as well. 

I agree with you here too (shutters).  Prob give Kyle the nod in the HOU matchup.