Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Sacramento Kings 2/20/20

I cannot understand why ja try to miss that  last free throw we would have been down by only 1 

this lost now puts the Grizzlies in a wild game Fridays vs the Lakers , BAD LOST 

1 minute ago, lions said:

I cannot understand why ja try to miss that  last free throw we would have been down by only 1 

Time , with 3.9 seconds left you have a better shot of getting the offensive rebound versus a half court heave. Plus the Kings likely would have fouled before we could get a shot off. 

Just now, lions said:

Because there was only 3 seconds left and the Grizzlies were out of timeouts. 

15 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Wasting this TH DeAnthony Melton game...... SMDH

Melton with a team high 24 points.

1 minute ago, Ja_Rules said:

Melton and Josh killed tonight

Really were if they can keep it up we should definitely steal one on this road trip 

12 minutes ago, lions said:

I was thinking that he should have made it, and then do a quick foul.    And if the kings made the free throws, do a desperation three.

What he may have been thinking was to catch the kings off guard.    Get the rebound, kick it back out for a three and win the game.

1 minute ago, Ja_Rules said:

Melton and Josh killed tonight

Josh with 11 points/5 reb/4 ast/1 stl/1 blk in 18 minutes of PT.

Just now, Joey Crawford said:

I was thinking that he should have made it, and then do a quick foul.    And if the kings made the free throws, do a desperation three.

What he may have been thinking was to catch the kings off guard.    Get the rebound, kick it back out for a three and win the game.

thinking the same , if he make it , Grizzlies are down by 1  then that would have put a ton of pressure on the Kings at the F.T  line  

Just now, GameOn said:

Josh with 11 points/5 reb/4 ast/1 stl/1 blk in 18 minutes of PT.

Josh played a good game.   I think the reason for the rotations, coach was thinking best way to rest players for the nest three games.    But it just did not work out, because the kings got hot from 3 for one reason.    And the grizzlies had 20 turnovers for the other reason.    And did not utilize their advantages of the inside game to feature pick and roll with brandon and ja, for either a ja basket or a dish off to brandon in front of the rim.

2 minutes ago, Joey Crawford said:

Grizzlies lost by 4 doing a desperation three there still  in the game 

any way if the Grizzlies win Friday this lost will be forgotten 

2 minutes ago, lions said:

Grizzlies lost by 4 doing a desperation three there still  in the game 

Whatever the strategy was with the intentional miss, it has to be a really hard against the rim.   Does anyone know the rule of when the free throw shooter can enter the lane - does the ball have to hit the rim first?   I think it has to hit the rim first.    Which Ja jumped into the lane too early.

5 minutes ago, lions said:

any way if the Grizzlies win Friday this lost will be forgotten 

Playoff preview coming up Friday?

5 minutes ago, Joey Crawford said:

Whatever the strategy was with the intentional miss, it has to be a really hard against the rim.   Does anyone know the rule of when the free throw shooter can enter the lane - does the ball have to hit the rim first?

Yes.

Should have won, but still just one game. 

This group kept fighting and came close. They've earned the right to trust them to give best effort. Just gotta win some big games going forward. Great learning experience for the team overall. 

No wifi on flight coming home last night, so just looking at comments and BOX score this morning.  Wasn't our starting rotation 8-1?  I look at the box score and distribution of minutes from norm, what the hell was going on?  JJJ looked like he had OK game, JA @  -25 appears like he was struggling defensively,  Brookes 4 of 14 is pretty steady for him (which is sad commentary), Dieng getting 13 minutes to JV's 20...doesnt appear right, and Josh looks like he had his best night as a Grizz off the bench.  Jenkins can't play rookie head coach and screw around with rotations for no good apparent reason, every team is going to play tough for next month and Jenkins needs to step up.

what else did i miss?

I loved the way the team fought today. However, I believe Taylor Jenkins has to work on these rotations. Marko does not have the speed to play in the NBA and if his shot is not on he is useless on the court it seems. He needs to work on just being a catch and shoot player. Also, Dillon Brooks should not do dribble more than two times and if he does not have the shot pass it. I feel like sometimes he throws off the offense with his shots.

3 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

No wifi on flight coming home last night, so just looking at comments and BOX score this morning.  Wasn't our starting rotation 8-1?  I look at the box score and distribution of minutes from norm, what the hell was going on?  JJJ looked like he had OK game, JA @  -25 appears like he was struggling defensively,  Brookes 4 of 14 is pretty steady for him (which is sad commentary), Dieng getting 13 minutes to JV's 20...doesnt appear right, and Josh looks like he had his best night as a Grizz off the bench.  Jenkins can't play rookie head coach and screw around with rotations for no good apparent reason, every team is going to play tough for next month and Jenkins needs to step up.

what else did i miss?

Taylor went 11 deep for zero reason and lots of weird lineups and leaning on starters when it clearly wasn't working.     Kings were forced to play small mostly and were absolutely on fire from 3.   

So it wasn't a good game for traditional Centers like Dieng and Jonas to get a lot of minutes.   

Ja was bad for 3 quarters and Dillon was bad for 4.     Jaren didn't get enough scoring opportunities.    Tyus, DeAnthony Josh and Brandon were the only reason game was close until Ja and Jaren came alive in the 4th.   

Just now, bterry1990 said:

I loved the way the team fought today. However, I believe Taylor Jenkins has to work on these rotations. Marko does not have the speed to play in the NBA and if his shot is not on he is useless on the court it seems. He needs to work on just being a catch and shoot player. Also, Dillon Brooks should not do dribble more than two times and if he does not have the shot pass it. I feel like sometimes he throws off the offense with his shots.

Right on all accounts. Marko is the FO's European pet project, but he needs to be shelved till he works on his game/familiarity with the NBA game. He is now just not a plus on the court. 

Dill is Dill shoots you out of a game when he is not on. Needs to learn to recognize and be a more well rounded player.