chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Sacramento Kings 2/20/20

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Thursday, February 20, 9:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs Sacramento Kings 

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Ja Morant Dillon Brooks Kyle Alexander Jaren Jackson Jonas Valanciunas
1629630.png 1628415.png 203937.png 1628991.png 202685.png

Kings Starting 5

Cory Joseph Buddy Hield Harrison Barnes Bogdan Bogdanovic Nemanja Bjelica
202709.png 1627741.png 203084.png 203992.png 202357.png

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Grayson Allen (INJ), Jordan Bell, Brandon Clarke, Gorgui Dieng, Marco Guduric, Josh Jackson, Tyus Jones, Jon Konchar (2), De'Anthony Melton, Yuta Watanabe (2), Justise Winslow

Sacramento Kings: Marvin Bagley Jr, Kent Bazemore, Yogi Ferrell, Wenyen Gabriel, Harry Giles III, Kyle Guy, Richaun Holmes, Justin James, DeQuan Jeffries, Alex Len, Jabari Parker, Anthony Tolliver

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Kings: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Edited  by chipc3

Lets start our play-off run with a W  this will be a Very important road team if the grizzlies can go 3-2 on this road trip I will be Happy 

Just now, Joey Crawford said:

I agree, because of the schedule.    During the next 4 game run, we should be seeing a lot of grizzlies' new bigs.

Yeah, a loss would hurt (textbook definition of BAD loss).

A WIN would give us some momentum for the LAx2.  A SPLIT would be GREAT.

We would then put even more pressure on the Blazers, Spurs, and Pelicans right out of the (ASG) gate.

1 hour ago, lions said:

Lets start our play-off run with a W  this will be a Very important road team if the grizzlies can go 3-2 on this road trip I will be Happy 

It’s a 4 game road trip 

2-2 would be awesome 

2 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

It’s a 4 game road trip 

2-2 would be awesome 

I thought it was a 5 game road trip 4 game is better its shorter 

1 hour ago, Greater Memphis Grind said:

Sacramento is a 1 or 2 pt favorite. I know we're on the road, but that is a bit surprising to me.

home court coming off  a long lay over 

16 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

My memory is that Grizzlies always seem to lose first game after the ASG.  I know that isn't true, but it sure seems like it.

I hate to say this to you but I hope were wrong 

plus  that's the old slow grizzlies 

1 hour ago, KelvisKblam said:

No De'Aaron Fox for this game? I wouldn't mind. 

Do you know something, or is this wishful thinking?  I'm not seeing anything about it.  Looks like they'll be short of bigs though.  Holmes, Bagley, and Len all out.  I'm guessing Giles starts at center?

7 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

My memory is that Grizzlies always seem to lose first game after the ASG.  I know that isn't true, but it sure seems like it.

We're historically bad at playing after long stretches of rest (let alone offseasons). I have no clue why but hopefully this new team breaks the trend.

5 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

We're historically bad at playing after long stretches of rest (let alone offseasons). I have no clue why but hopefully this new team breaks the trend.

Just curious but what historical record are you looking at on the youngest team in the league with a rookie head coach? 

6 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

This is my concern as well.  I hope we can break that pattern.

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Just curious but what historical record are you looking at on the youngest team in the league with a rookie head coach? 

I think he just means the Grizzlies in general.  It has seemed that way to me as well.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

I think he just means the Grizzlies in general.  It has seemed that way to me as well.

Yeah, franchise history goes beyond October ‘19. ;)

How many times have we lost the season opener, even when we had good teams? And I can’t pull data right now but I remember I was often baffled in past seasons by the fact that we tended to do worse when we had 3 or more days of rest than 2 days or even back to backs.

My hope is this new team doesn’t behave like that and we come out of the ASG break with a pounding on the Kings.