Subliminal

Grizz Nation How We Feeling?

It’s been incredible so far. Luck plus new front office got me going from “just tank” to frothing at the mouth.

We got @Dwash @ItIsWhatItIs @chipc3 @Kevin B Moses all on board plus a @MemphisX sighting. 

Jega fans buying in. 

Taking advantage of opportunities presented. I get to nerd out and rep Grizz swag all week with the win against Portland. 

Poor Lillard got Jega’d and is gonna miss some time. Hate injuries but idgaf if it helps my team. Been on the other side way too many times. 

The bball gods seems to be aligned with us for once. 

I know the rest of the schedule is murderers row but it seems we got some assassins of our own. I like our chances of at least playing lakers first round. (Really hoping for a nugs matchup so I can finally catch a Grizz playoff game).

So what say you? Future got me wearing shades. I haven’t been to memphis in 13 years I’m ready to come catch some games and see my dad sometime here after all star break. Would be dope to roll into the Forum w a squad of my existing Grizz fam and friends and would love to get a big group of forum posters together in a group together when I come in town. Maybe eat some bbq and mob up together to Fedex Forum. 

Can we hold on? Even a sweep by the Lakers first round would be beyond wildest expectations going into season, let alone a win or two (or take them out).Winslow ready to be our solution for starting SF. Already a Deing stan. What’s everyone’s thoughts going forward. Can we keep this up? We’ve already exceeded expectations by a fortnight. 

Good time to be a day 1 fan 👽💨💫

Never had a game pump me up like that one did last night 

1 hour ago, grizzgolf said:

Never had a game pump me up like that one did last night 

Really? I still say that the biggest pump-up game I was witness to was the triple overtime game against the Thunder, game 4, the triple overtime game against the spurs, and the battier 3 against the spurs game 1 of the 2011 playoffs, first grizz playoff win and all the doubters being silenced that this grizz team wasn't the same old playoff chokers.

Game 3 of that spurs series was the loudest ive ever yelled in a professional arena. I was going kbm on their gluteus maximus (for toke)

I have adopted the idea to never put anything past this team. I never in my wildest dreams would've thought we would be this good going into this season.  I thought maybe a few years from now we'd be where we are now.  I hated losing Crowder and Soloman Hil, but Deing is definitely a **** good backup. I don't want to rush Winslow back but I'd love to have him integrated into the system before too long. I'll be at the forum March 7th in section C. 

So proud of this team. They are really fighting hard and have a bright future. I cancel my trip in January this year ( big mistake.....) and offer a trip to France with my other half instead. But next year, i will be there for 1 week or 2 to watch as much game as possible !!! Go Grizz!!

Skeptical of the playoffs still tbh. Thats schedule is a real haul. But a 5 game loss column lead is unbelievable. 

This team of young guys is awesome. I don’t get to go to many games these days , I commute from E.Tx. to Mem weekly. When I’m here working, I work until 8:30 pm. I had season tickets for 5 or 6 years during the first playoff run 0-12.

Morant is a star in the making, Clarke is beyond anyone’s expectations, and the rest of the crew are buying in. The FO and coaching staff are big surprises, I think we could have Executive of the year (GM) in our guy.          Keep it rolling 

7 minutes ago, bterry1990 said:

New to the board but I have been a Grizzly fan for the past 10 years. This is a great time to be a fan!!!

Welcome aboard

Stoked!   Excited!   and really love this  new team.   Didn't think it was  possible to love a group as much as i did the CORE4 but here we are!  Sky is the limit with these young Grizz.

4 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Really? I still say that the biggest pump-up game I was witness to was the triple overtime game against the Thunder, game 4, the triple overtime game against the spurs, and the battier 3 against the spurs game 1 of the 2011 playoffs, first grizz playoff win and all the doubters being silenced that this grizz team wasn't the same old playoff chokers.

Game 3 of that spurs series was the loudest ive ever yelled in a professional arena. I was going kbm on their gluteus maximus (for toke)

I’m with you, man. I didn’t sleep at all after the triple OT game and was running on adrenaline the whole next day.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Skeptical of the playoffs still tbh. Thats schedule is a real haul. But a 5 game loss column lead is unbelievable. 

It’s going to be a crucible, and we’re going to come out a tougher team no matter what.

Really really hope that Winslow is ready soon.

This team has almost everything but experience at this point.

Tough schedule down the stretch but eager to see where this team and coaching staff go.

One of the things that I appreciate about this team is a trait that they have displayed in the last few games.

Watching guys launch 3s all willy nilly always felt a little lucky to me. 

I mean when they are falling -> wow. amazing. good job. 

When they are not ... then what?

Then they buckle down and move that ball and probe the paint and win UGLY. 

I also that notice that not. too many here are giving JV the credit he deserves for eating all that glass.

We clearly excel in the fastbreak and are a JOY to watch.

They are now learning how to win in a slower more deliberate half-court offense. Add in Ja's ability to have 3 defenders sucked in with a fourth caught watching and deliver a laser back across his body to the far three point WIDE OPEN shooter ... yeah .

Its like looking at a puppy pit or even better - a bear cub's paws. 

Little fuzzy lanky body with HUGE PAWS. You know - as cute and uncordinated babies one day you look and realize that they are no longer cubs and have filled out those paws - ohhhhhweee!

Just now, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I also that notice that not. too many here are giving JV the credit he deserves for eating all that glass.

Yep mad props to JV for being a rebounding vortex.   I think Jonas is a great piece for this team.   

Feeling awesome right now.  The schedule is going to be rough going forward ... tough sledding after all-star break.  I'm dumber than a bag of hammers because this team has blown my expectations away ... I predicted 24 wins for the year at start of season (I'll give myself a slight break because Jonas wasn't signed at the time ... but still).  Ja is WAAAAY better than I thought and so is Brandon.  Future is bright.  Hope the guys can hang on for that playoff slot, but no matter what ... it's been fun!

As far as I'm concerned, as long as we avoid a long-term injury to one of our guys over the rest of the season, this season has already been a tremendous success. Ja is putting up numbers and showing things on the court that rookie PGs just flat out don't normally do and the FO has done a great job of assembling pieces around him that have gelled together into a very nice culture.

Also only thing holding back Brandon from being truly in ROY of year convo is  .... Taylor Jenkins.        If he played starter minutes he would dang near be averaging a double double on 75% shooting.    He is unreal around the rim and gets to the rim at ease.    Not to mention his defense is legit.        

He is really going to get unleashed playing next to Dieng.   Plus we have TWO great passing PG's that know how to get BC the ball.    Dude isn't even a focal and averages 12.3ppg in 21mpg.      Pairing him with Melton and Josh means much more transition opportunities too. 

We will be the new Lob City for sure. 

9 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Also only thing holding back Brandon from being truly in ROY of year convo is  .... Taylor Jenkins.        If he played starter minutes he would dang near be averaging a double double on 75% shooting.    He is unreal around the rim and gets to the rim at ease.    Not to mention his defense is legit.        

He is really going to get unleashed playing next to Dieng.   Plus we have TWO great passing PG's that know how to get BC the ball.    Dude isn't even a focal and averages 12.3ppg in 21mpg.      Pairing him with Melton and Josh means much more transition opportunities too. 

We will be the new Lob City for sure. 

Brandon is definitely the third legit rookie in this class.(I just cant count Nunn im sorry) You put him in next years draft and he probably wins ROY. I know he doesnt get the real minutes he deserves yet, but my real excitement comes from just imagining him Ja, JJ, Justise, and Melton closing out games for us in the playoffs. Maaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn.....we're just so blessed right now.

29 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

I am really disappointed with our season....even if we lose our remaining games we are not getting our pick and Boston will prosper......we should've tanked for Lamelo...

We will forever be haunted by the lingering question, “How would have been to have LaVar Bell commenting on the Grizzlies every day?”

7 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

That's the game in the series we beat the Spurs (as an 8th seed)?  That WAS awesome.  i was there.  

The implosion playoff game against the Clippers was LOUD too, then it wasn't.  I was at that game, too.

WCF game 3 against the Spurs started off loud, then it wasn't.  The wheels fell off.

1 hour ago, grizzdafuture said:

Brandon is definitely the third legit rookie in this class.(I just cant count Nunn im sorry) You put him in next years draft and he probably wins ROY. I know he doesnt get the real minutes he deserves yet, but my real excitement comes from just imagining him Ja, JJ, Justise, and Melton closing out games for us in the playoffs. Maaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn.....we're just so blessed right now.

Yeah, that's what I think too.  I think our FO/coach wants to give a Ja/Melton (or Dillon/Justise/Clarke/Jaren "death lineup" a test run or two.  Those 6 guys PLUS Jonas (and Tyus as the backup pg and Dieng as the backup c) should be long-term keepers.

Slo Mo really ties the room together too.

Clarke was Zion-tastic last night.  The Blazers (at least their bigs) might have PTSD.  Somebody needs to check on Whiteside.

Clarke SHOULD be above Zion in the ROY race at this point (race for second place).  But, unless Clarke goes for 16/8 the rest of the way, I see Zion passing him (although I don't see Zion averaging many more boards, but I DO see him padding his scoring stats a bit).

From here on out we need to add low usage/high volume 3 point shooters, and then look for an extra rim runner.  I would rather DRAFT at least one of those two archetypes since I think we would have to OVERPAY those kinds of players in free agency.

What we might need to do is package the Suns second round pick and Marko (plus cash) to either move UP or down in the 2020 draft.