Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

NBA Rising Stars Game

On 2/17/2020 at 4:29 AM, fanboyslim said:

I couldn’t be bothered to stay up for the ASG, but all I’m seeing today is rave comments about how competitive the game was. Was that true or just hype? And if true, do you think it was due to the new format (every Q mattered as it meant money for a charity) or was it due to the homage to Kobe?

I went to the ASG in Toronto in 2016 (the old game format). What a waste of thousands of dollars. However, It was nice to have seen Kobe live (for the first time). The new format is better. At least the players put some effort into the game. The 4th quarter was really good, other than AD winning the game on a free throw.

1 minute ago, GameOn said:

I went to the ASG in Toronto in 2016 (the old game format). What a waste of thousands of dollars. However, It was nice to have seen Kobe live (for the first time). The new format is better. At least the players put some effort into the game. The 4th quarter was really good, other than AD winning the game on a free throw.

They should make a rule you can't win the game on a FT. If a player fouls he just sits out until his team gets the ball back and they check the ball up top and go 5 on 4. Got to make a basket to win.

21 hours ago, chipc3 said:

No one is stopping you from posting one. I’m on vacation with my family and will get it up tomorrow if you haven’t. 

I hope you are enjoying your vacation, considering the he-DoubleHockeySticks you just went through with your surgery. Joey's comment was out of line. Joey, no snacks for you on Thursday! Bad boy! 😄

21 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

So good all this ASG is over. One week break is way too long !! Can't wait for next game. Go Grizz !!!

A one week break is tough on the fans, but the players need a little time off from the grind.

17 minutes ago, GameOn said:

I hope you are enjoying your vacation, considering the he-DoubleHockeySticks you just went through with your surgery. Joey's comment was out of line. Joey, no snacks for you on Thursday! Bad boy! 😄

I am not criticizing Joey but I do the pre-games out of love for the team and the boards. If anyone feels I am lagging feel free to post one yourself. 

2 hours ago, GameOn said:

I agree. i'm sure  Joey has to loose some weight 😏

On 2/17/2020 at 2:29 AM, fanboyslim said:

I couldn’t be bothered to stay up for the ASG, but all I’m seeing today is rave comments about how competitive the game was. Was that true or just hype? And if true, do you think it was due to the new format (every Q mattered as it meant money for a charity) or was it due to the homage to Kobe?

I'll be honest,  I've never liked allstar games in the past but I was on the edge of my seat most of the game.. I think they made the first three quarters more competitive of winning each quarter starting both teams at 0-0 was an effective dynamic, usually the players kinda coasted through thos periods before, I mean you had Nurse calling a time out in final seconds of the 3rd trying to run a play for the win.. and the 4th with the winner being the first to get to 157 pts, to me it was a real nail biter as both teams inched closer to that number, I was totally shocked at how much fun that game was, I really didn't see that coming... I think having a set score to play to like that works when you have 6-8 elite scorers on the court at the same time like in an allstar game, and top tier defensive players to counter the great offensive players, but I'm not sure it would go over well in a regular NBA game

8 hours ago, Ace-is-high said:

I'll be honest,  I've never liked allstar games in the past but I was on the edge of my seat most of the game.. I think they made the first three quarters more competitive of winning each quarter starting both teams at 0-0 was an effective dynamic, usually the players kinda coasted through thos periods before, I mean you had Nurse calling a time out in final seconds of the 3rd trying to run a play for the win.. and the 4th with the winner being the first to get to 157 pts, to me it was a real nail biter as both teams inched closer to that number, I was totally shocked at how much fun that game was, I really didn't see that coming... I think having a set score to play to like that works when you have 6-8 elite scorers on the court at the same time like in an allstar game, and top tier defensive players to counter the great offensive players, but I'm not sure it would go over well in a regular NBA game

If they use a gimmick in the BS All-Star Game to make it interesting I can live with it.  If they ruin the regular games that way, they will lose me as a fan after 50+ years of watching.