Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

NBA Rising Stars Game

JA's jersey's have almost been impossible to get I been looking for a vancouver JA jersey for months and it just keeps running out.

30 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

JA's jersey's have almost been impossible to get I been looking for a vancouver JA jersey for months and it just keeps running out.

That's more like it!  Sounds about right.

12 hours ago, Zappastache said:

That was rediculously entertaining. They were kinda playing defense, and definitely fighting for rebounds after the first few mins (BC gobbled up every one). 

Ending was so much fun. Wish Ja, BC and Zion had hit those dunks. That needs to be a new tradition if the game isn't close. 

I feel like this game will be much more competitive than the actual ASG. I dunno what will happen, but on paper, lebron's team is so much better than giannis's. 

BC is MVP of this game next year. Book it. 

Fun game. Yeah, with a score of 151 to 131 in favor of Team USA, defense was not a big priority.

Zion must have been upset with himself after missing 3 dunks in a row (with zero defense from Team World).

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I thought this came on tonight.... Geez.  Guess illl go to Youtube for the highlights. 

Here you go:

20 hours ago, GameOn said:

Here you go:

Too bad that Ja, Luka, Clarke, Zion, and Jaren will never be on the same team!!!

Those guys played like Dream Teamers!

(Trae and Miles and some others were really good too!)

21 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

We could use this Bam guy.

That was the one player I wish we got in MC deal, but he wont go nowhere. Heat will keep him, Nunn and Hero.

Talking about the rising stars, if Ja could finish 2 of those lobs and that final circus dunk, he would be the Rising Stars Mvp. I like that it was Bridges, I still believe he will turn into a star.

i just can’t get into these glorified scrimmages. I couldn’t even get to the three minute mark of the highlight reel. I need defense and I guess a sense of real competitive play present. 

I couldn’t be bothered to stay up for the ASG, but all I’m seeing today is rave comments about how competitive the game was. Was that true or just hype? And if true, do you think it was due to the new format (every Q mattered as it meant money for a charity) or was it due to the homage to Kobe?

5 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I couldn’t be bothered to stay up for the ASG, but all I’m seeing today is rave comments about how competitive the game was. Was that true or just hype? And if true, do you think it was due to the new format (every Q mattered as it meant money for a charity) or was it due to the homage to Kobe?

I'm with you ... I tuned out before the 4th quarter... was a snooze fest to me...

woke up this morning and there are articles everywhere discussing how it was the best thing since pants with pockets...

I still probably won't bother to watch it later either...anyway

NOW -> the season is back! 

that 8th seed doesn't feel quite 'secure' enough to me right now (7th maybe even 6th?)... need to get back at it and 

hope the Grizz dont get caught out there reading thier own press clippings.

caught the league (and ourselves) by surprise - by being so competitive so soon.

now the element of surprise is gone - two or three teams directly behind us in the standings are on our tail

A mix of both, but the Elam ending really did make it a lot more interesting. This is a good read if you have a couple minutes:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23825970/zach-lowe-basketball-tournament-nba-crunch

Same here now i am scrambling to watch the 4th quarter while at work!

Yeah, I usually don't even bother watching the all star game, and if I do, I watch it passively, because in recent years it has just become kind of a joke that the players clearly didn't care about.  I decided to check it out this year out of curiosity about the new format... and DAMMN am I happy I did. 

The first three mini games were a bit more laid back, but each felt like fourth quarters of past games.  The final quarter on the other hand, which was for all the marbles, was some of the most intense, aggressive basketball I have seen played.  It honestly felt like a finals game or something... the defensive pressure was sky high on both ends, there were players taking charges and arguing calls... coaches were even challenging calls.  The primary reason for this, I think, was not only because they were playing for local youth charities, but also because many of the kids who would directly benefit from that money were sitting courtside with their respective jerseys on, cheering the players on.  It made for a phenomenal show.  The only thing I think I would change is that a game can't end on a free throw... because that was a little anti-climactic.

That being said I would definitely recommend that anyone who missed it at least go back and watch the fourth quarter, because it was great basketball.

On 2/10/2020 at 12:53 PM, chipc3 said:

Rising Stars Discussion

Date/Time: Friday, February 14, 8:00 PM

USA vs The World

Television: TNT

Memphis Radio: 

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

USA Potential Starting Lineup

Ja Morant Devonte Graham Tyler Herro Zion Williamson Jaren Jackson
1629630.png 1628984.png 1629639.png 1629627.png 1628991.png

World Potential Starting 5

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander RJ Barrett Brandon Clarke Rui Hachimura DeAndre Ayton
1628983.png 1629628.png 1629634.png 1629060.png 1629028.png

Benches

Team USA: Wendell Carter Jr (INJ), Kendrick Nunn, Eric Paschall, P J Washington, Trae Young

World: Nickiel Alexander-Walker, Luka Doncic (INJ), Svi Mikhailiuk, Josh Okogie, Moritz Wagner

Hi chip,   I would like to see the next regular game thread up - vs Sacremento Feb 20, 2020.

2 hours ago, Joey Crawford said:

Hi chip,   I would like to see the next regular game thread up - vs Sacremento Feb 20, 2020.

No one is stopping you from posting one. I’m on vacation with my family and will get it up tomorrow if you haven’t. 

25 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

No one is stopping you from posting one. I’m on vacation with my family and will get it up tomorrow if you haven’t. 

I can wait.   Have a great vacation.

On 2/17/2020 at 4:29 AM, fanboyslim said:

I went to the ASG in Toronto in 2016 (the old game format). What a waste of thousands of dollars. However, It was nice to have seen Kobe live (for the first time). The new format is better. At least the players put some effort into the game. The 4th quarter was really good, other than AD winning the game on a free throw.