Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

NBA Rising Stars Game

On 2/13/2020 at 2:36 AM, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

If team success is a factor at all - then wins and losses carry weight.

Suns record ?

Bluebears record ? 

Every team with a winning record got a player in the allstars except for the Grizzlies

Just now, The Stro Show said:

Ja is such an incredible passer

Loved that through the legs lob to Zion

Ja is actually serious about an exhibition game. A trait that you only find in guys like MJ, Kobe, etc. 

8 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Loved that through the legs lob to Zion

That was sweet. Ja, Jaren and BC all impacting this game.

6 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Ja is actually serious about an exhibition game. A trait that you only find in guys like MJ, Kobe, etc. 

Ja's half time walk off interview was all business.

Brandon gunnin for that mvp. Hope he wins it if World wins. I wonder if Lukas still hurt he's been coastin it seems.

9 minutes ago, GameOn said:

BC with 16 points and 7 rebounds with one more shift to play yet.

PogoMan having a great game. Even dunked one on Jaren lol

1 minute ago, GameOn said:

Who will be the MVP???

Miles Bridges

Great 3rd qtr

Team USA:

Ja:  10 pts/5 reb/6 ast.

Jaren:  12 pts/7 reb.

Team World:

Brandon:  22 pts/8 reb/2 ast/1 stl.

15 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Ja, JJJ and BC did the Grizzlies proud. Good game guys. 

The Hornet group wasn’t too bad either 

That was rediculously entertaining. They were kinda playing defense, and definitely fighting for rebounds after the first few mins (BC gobbled up every one). 

Ending was so much fun. Wish Ja, BC and Zion had hit those dunks. That needs to be a new tradition if the game isn't close. 

I feel like this game will be much more competitive than the actual ASG. I dunno what will happen, but on paper, lebron's team is so much better than giannis's. 

BC is MVP of this game next year. Book it. 

40 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Man they are skimping on the Ja merchandise. No Team USA jerseys available to purchase. Wonder if they will eventually stock them in.

Neither he nor Zion nor Jaren made the USA cut.  I think they are gonna have to “redeem” us in LA in 2024.

Some people at Reddit or RealGM thinks that Zion lost a bit of elevation.  He missed some of those late dunks kinda bad. Is his vertical a lot worse now?  When I did draft research (cuz that’s basically all I do) his vertical in the Elite 8 game against Michigan State looked a bit subpar (for Zion).

Is this a real thing?

12 hours ago, GameOn said:

Ja, JJJ and BC did the Grizzlies proud. Good game guys. 

Clarke actually connected on his dunk-off stuff.  He looks like CGI.

I thought Jaren really played well -- looks like an ideal big man for MoreyBall if that is the future.  

The micro, high octane guards showed out (Ja/Trae/even Sexton) but I really like the trend of the "power wings" who can play 2-4 and do some damage on both sides of the ball.  Picture a bunch of 6'5-6'8 Kyle Lowry's.  So we saw our Lukas, Zions, Miles Bridges, and our OWN Brandon Clarke (although he is skinnier than some other guys).  

Ja (followed by Trae then by Sexton) looks like an Archetype point guard in MoneyBall/MoreyBall, Jaren looks like the Archetype center/big man, so let's load up on POWER WINGS.  If a team can get TWO GUYS like Clarke and Miles Bridges that might have as much value (or nearly as much value) as having ONE guy like Zion (or even ONE guy like Luka).

2 point guards, 3 centers and EIGHT power wings between 6'5 and 6'8 (or, 6'4 and 6'9ish) IS the NBA roster of the FUTURE.

Also liked the Ja/Trae pairing.  Lights on out offense and can space the floor.  Forgot about Nunn but that duded played GREAT.  

We are overloaded at guard (Tyus is great and Melton plays well) but I wouldn't pass on a flame thrower like Markus Howard if he is the BPA in the draft.  Even if we couldn't play a Ja/Markus Howard back court much, and if Markus is more of a long-term 6th man instant offense type, but his NUCLEAR scoring ability and ICBM shooting range is WORTH HAVING.

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

Neither he nor Zion nor Jaren made the USA cut.  I think they are gonna have to “redeem” us in LA in 2024.

I’m talking about the rising stars jersey bro

10 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I’m talking about the rising stars jersey bro

Maybe they ran out.  If not, the league office needs to jump on the Ja Morant marketing train.   They always like to jump start the Zion hype train but Ja has more organic buzz.  

I thought Jaren and Clarke looked great too.  I think those guys are fun and marketable.  

Miles Bridges looks great in games like this. If this ever translates to REAL games then he would be worth keeping an eye on in free agency.  

Zion getting only 2 rebounds and flat-out bricking his walk-off dunks are two red flags.  Stubby Darryl Dawkins ain’t gonna get it done.