GoGrizz!

Three-team trade involving the Grizzlies?

1 hour ago, Jetfixer said:

Looks like Miami trying to extend their other new guy befor deal is done.

Adrian Wojnarowski

Miami and reps for OKC’s Danilo Gallinari were working on a contract extension overnight to help finalize three-team trade, league sources tell ESPN. The challenge: Miami’s desire to preserve cap space for 2021. He can become a free agent this summer.

I wonder was Iggy's second year guaranteed or if it had a buyout clause? Now that would make more sense. 

Just now, Ursine Mammal said:

Second year of Iggy's extension is a team option.

Dillon Brooks may very well make more money than Andre Iguodala over the next two years.

I don't see anything in it for the Grizz in a 3-team deal.  Keep it simple if possible ...  Iggy for Winslow.

5 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Dillon Brooks may very well make more money than Andre Iguodala over the next two years.

Maybe in the NBA. I have read that off the court Iggy is really racking up business deals. Like him or not I hope he is teaching that skill to young players more than I care about his "basketball" mentoring. 

Just now, Dwash said:

Maybe in the NBA. I have read that off the court Iggy is really racking up business deals. Like him or not I hope he is teaching that skill to young players more than I care about his "basketball" mentoring. 

Oh, absolutely. I was making a reference to Ron Ron's hot take.

5 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Looks like we are getting both JJ and waiters.

Heat don't have to give up any of their rotation big men, or give up Nunn, Herro, or Robinson AND get Iggy and Gallo while getting off the contracts of Johnson and Waiters AND Grizz have to give up locker room vets Crowder and Solo.

Hope Winslow is THAT good.

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Gotta be a pick coming cause they coulda just stopped at Iggy for Winslow. 

Yeah, there's no motivation to eat two bad contracts just to help Miami get Gallo.

4 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Gotta be a pick coming cause they coulda just stopped at Iggy for Winslow. 

1 minute ago, fanboyslim said:

Yeah, there's no motivation to eat two bad contracts just to help Miami get Gallo.

Exactly.

17 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Looks like we are getting both JJ and waiters.

where y'all reading this? I've seen it speculated but it could very well be we take one of them and OKC takes the other. 

Just now, Zappastache said:

where y'all reading this? I've seen it speculated but it could very well be we take one of them and OKC takes the other. 

It's all speculation. For all we know even Jae and Solo might stay put. Only Winslow for Iggy has been more or less confirmed *cough*Woj*cough*

I'm hearing that OKC is out now. Solo, Jae and Iggy to Miami for Winslow and others is still being discussed. 

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

Crowder to Heat. 

Sounds like OKC is out so Miami is getting Jae, Solo and Iggy for Winslow, Waiters and either Olynyk or James Johnson. 

Just now, chipc3 said:

Sounds like OKC is out so Miami is getting Jae, Solo and Iggy for Winslow, Waiters and either Olynyk or James Johnson. 

Better be Olynyk. I'm good with taking on ONE bad contract that goes into next year, but would prefer the second to be expiring. 

Apparently that's not the case tho. Shams saying we are taking both 😶

Just now, chipc3 said:

🤔

Just now, Dwash said:

🤔

Olynyk is expiring so don't think that would be a huge deal, but would hate to take on both Waiters and Johnson since they're both getting paid like $15M each next season. 

Just now, Grizz&Grind said:

Miami doesn't have any picks either.

Grizz got finessed here. Unless Winslow is an all-star one day.

We can get one two years after the OKC ones are satisfied.... I guess... 

Just now, Zappastache said:

Olynyk is expiring so don't think that would be a huge deal, but would hate to take on both Waiters and Johnson since they're both getting paid like $15M each next season. 

Olynk has a 13 million player option. I think he averages like 8 and 5.

4 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

Better be Olynyk. I'm good with taking on ONE bad contract that goes into next year, but would prefer the second to be expiring. 

Apparently that's not the case tho. Shams saying we are taking both 😶

Yeah, not crazy about that.  Maybe get a draft pick or two to help?