WVgrizz

Justise Winslow to MEMPHIS

Now I was thinking, I would be totally ok with the deals, if we didn’t get Waiters and stayed with Solo or Crowder instead. Even if didnt get any pick like we did in the trades, we would be better of that way.

That expiring salary would be more valuable to us, allowing us to resign Melton and/or Josh. Now we probably will have to give a pick to get off Waiters salary.

Considering long term fit ... this could turn out to be AWESOME for the Grizzlies.  Just get healthy Justise ... no rush, but looking forward to seeing you join our fun squad.

21 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Now I was thinking, I would be totally ok with the deals, if we didn’t get Waiters and stayed with Solo or Crowder instead. Even if didnt get any pick like we did in the trades, we would be better of that way.

That expiring salary would be more valuable to us, allowing us to resign Melton and/or Josh. Now we probably will have to give a pick to get off Waiters salary.

Pat Riley thinks the same, that’s why Waiters is here

24 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

We have Jackson’s Bird rights and Melton’s Early Bird rights.

26 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

You can't always get a perfect trade. Of course we'd rather have one of those two than Waiters. Some times you have to give to get.

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

We didn't lose them when we didn't pick up his option for next season?

No. Just cant pay him more than thaf option.

12 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Just for the record, this was dated Jan 18:

MIAMI -- The Miami Heat say Justise Winslow will miss at least two more weeks while recovering from a back injury.

Winslow has played only once since Dec. 4 and is slated to be out for at least the remainder of January. The team originally called Winslow's injury a back strain, then updated the diagnosis to a bone bruise.

Winslow played off the bench in Miami's win at Indiana on Jan. 8. The team said the back problems reappeared after that game. He has not played since.

Just wondering if "bone bruise" in his back equates to a vertebra fracture?

Its recoverable, I've seen it happen to football guys and they are back making tackles and getting tackled in 4-8 weeks

Starting to be clear that every team needs five things: 

* a point guard

* a big

* a rebounder

* an outside shooter

* a mid-skill player with a fat contract, because about half of all trades have to include one

How will he fit with our current squad? 

8 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

How will he fit with our current squad? 

Idea is that he will become the eventual Starter at the 3.      Ja Dillon WInslow Jaren Jonas.   He also fits with Ja Dillon Winslow Brandon Jaren.  

So does anyone know what number Winslow is going to wear?

He was #20 at Miami, but Josh Jackson is wearing #20.

He wore #12 at Duke, but that number belongs to Ja.

17 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

. uniform # updates: Jordan Bell will wear jersey #2. Gorgui Dieng will wear jersey #14. Justise Winslow will wear jersey #7.

20 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

I believe he is wearing #7 but I can't swear to that. 

Just now, CarloJ63 said:

Dillon is #24

...isn't he?

Someone quoted the Grizzlies as saying he's wearing #7. I'd go with that for now. 

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Someone?????

200.webp?cid=790b76115c6408ad756d3989d00

I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I just was too lazy to go back and see who posted it.