WVgrizz

Justise Winslow to MEMPHIS

I'm a fan of the trade for the most part. The only real thing of value we lost was the presence of Jae Crowder and Hill in the locker room. That is no small thing and something I'm concerned about. But on paper we improved at both positions and will have two big expiring contracts next year or a ton of cap space in 20-21. This is the long view. Let's just hope it doesn't hurt our chances to make the playoffs this year.

As last night showed, I think we are better off without Jae and Hill. Any time Jae hasn't played, we've usually done really well. 

7 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

I’m calling it now. Dion will be huge for us.

Instant Offense off the bench. If not, Expiring for next year. Another asset. We still have  a few hours left too .

I doubt Dion will play a huge role for us, but think about being able to put him in instead of Marko when needed. Now that helps. 

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Dieng back would be cool. 

That Wiggens/Dlo trade put the Wolves into the tax apparently. A Johnson/Dieng swap might be get them out of it.

So to sum it up, our FO decided this summer's free agent crop wasn't enticing so they went the Hawks route and took on some salary to upgrade for the future. Instead we did it for a proven young stud in Winslow rather than late first round draft picks in an apparently sh!tty draft...

10 minutes ago, cdp said:

That Wiggens/Dlo trade put the Wolves into the tax apparently. A Johnson/Dieng swap might be get them out of it.

How? Wiggins makes a bit more money than DLo

3 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

But DLo, Evans and Spellman combined make about four million more than Wiggins... actually not really sure why Wolves are taking on the other two guys at all.

Just now, BnaBreaker said:

But DLo, Evans and Spellman combined make about four million more than Wiggins... actually not really sure why Wolves are taking on the other two guys at all.

Oh sorry, I thought only DLo was involved. Then honestly no idea. Again, trust Minny’s FO to mess everything up.

KAT seems to be trying to bolt, maybe they’re preparing for that circumstance?

Just now, fanboyslim said:

Oh sorry, I thought only DLo was involved. Then honestly no idea. Again, trust Minny’s FO to mess everything up.

KAT seems to be trying to bolt, maybe they’re preparing for that circumstance?

Haha totally understandable on your part because, why the hell would there be other players involved?  Wolves FO is comically awful.  lol

9 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

That's how i guess lol. I had no idea Spellman+Evans was involved either.

4 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Winslow is only 23y.     It isn't like he is a finished product and his skillset, attitude and physical profile are the reasons why he will be a great fit.   Once Ja Jaren and DIllon emerged as the scoring trio for our new CORE that changed the calculus on the type of player we needed to pursue to pair with them.   We needed a "High-level Glue Guy"  a guy that can be secondary ball-handler, switchable on defense, athletic slasher and hit open shots.     We also didn't want to gamble on inexperienced players and wanted a young veteran.     Winslow fits that profile to a T and still young enough to improve .    

He is 6'6', 225lbs with 6'1'0'wingspan and strong defender and rebounder for his position -  that's the Crowder Comp

He is a Point-forward that is primarily a facilitator/rebounder and can play SmallBall4 and isn't really a scorer - that's the SloMo Comp

However, he is a better pure scorer than either of them and much better athlete, hence giving him them higher ceiling. 

I wasn't referring to purely stats - but looking at skillsets and physical profile.    If healthy Justise is an improvement over Kyle in Taylor Jenkins system for sure. 

5 years in and not much improvement yet. Count me as a non believer. He is solid as is. But he's not even as good as Kyle. I just don't get the excitement.

6 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

5 years in and not much improvement yet. Count me as a non believer. He is solid as is. But he's not even as good as Kyle. I just don't get the excitement.

Did you see the game were he murdered us - this season?   27p 7a 7r

What he did in that game is what he does. 

• Facilitating - he ran Point for MIA 7ast
  • Rebounding 7 boards from PG spot
  • Defending - he was shutting down Ja

Justise situation as similar to Melton situation.  We don't need him to be a SuperSTar player.   We just need him to do what he already does and that is the perfect fit.    That's why its so exciting and he is great pickup.      Great complimentary piece.  Thanks to having future SuperStar Ja and Future Star Jaren we no longer need to hope for Star player.  

11 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

A Lot of that has to do with all his injury's last year he was playing really well but this year he got replace by Butler who is basically a better version of him.

So how the deal end after all? We got Waiters, Winslow, Dieng and Bell for Iggy, Solo and Jae? Who will get cut? Cabloco or Bell or Guduric?

2 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

So how the deal end after all? We got Waiters, Winslow, Dieng and Bell for Iggy, Solo and Jae? Who will get cut? Cabloco or Bell or Guduric?

No one. Bruno was traded for Bell.

2 minutes ago, Ursine Mammal said:

No one. Bruno was traded for Bell.

Ok, Bruno is probably better than Bell, more inconsistent, but better in his best days.

Take it for what it's worth:

7 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Ok, Bruno is probably better than Bell, more inconsistent, but better in his best days.

desculpe pelo seu compatriota

I was listen to N.B.A radio how my way home  from work and one of the announcers [ I forgot his name] said Jordan Bell is a good ball player , when giving min 

3 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Take it for what it's worth:

desculpe pelo seu compatriota

The only brazilian in the team history😢. He probably will go to Europe after this offseason.

5 minutes ago, lions said:

I was listen to N.B.A radio how my way home  from work and one of the announcers [ I forgot his name] said Jordan Bell is a good ball player , when giving min 

Tim Legler

No reason to rush Winslow back before AllStar break at all.    Vernon said he basically has same issue Melton had.     SloMo and Josh can handle bulk of SF minutes with Dillon soaking up any extra.