How Many Games Will Memphis Win?   

22 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How many games in the next 8 will Memphis Win?

35 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Well, with all of the changes, the next 3 games before the ASG will be rough imo. 

I think most of those guys will slowly get minutes. We showed last we have a set rotation thats why I wanted prospect (Winslow) + 4th rotational big (Dieng) + pick and/or expiring player. That why my only concern with the dela is Waiters and not getting any compensation for taking his salary.

43 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Well, with all of the changes, the next 3 games before the ASG will be rough imo. 

Could be but Philly just added two new players and lost a regular rotation player in James Ennis III. Not to mention Philly has been playing very poorly lately. Washington made a roster move as well. By the time the team plays Portland everything should be settled. It wouldn't surprise me if the Grizzlies just went with the players that played in Dallas until after the All-Star break honestly.  

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

Could be but Philly just added two new players and lost a regular rotation player in James Ennis III. Not to mention Philly has been playing very poorly lately. Washington made a roster move as well. By the time the team plays Portland everything should be settled. It wouldn't surprise me if the Grizzlies just went with the players that played in Dallas until after the All-Star break honestly.  

I think they should. No need to force change with a young team that is exceeding low expectations. Sounds like it may take Winslow awhile before he gets back on the court but I would wait until after the ASG before letting Dieng, Waiters and Bell play. 

6 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

3 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I think they should. No need to force change with a young team that is exceeding low expectations. Sounds like it may take Winslow awhile before he gets back on the court but I would wait until after the ASG before letting Dieng, Waiters and Bell play. 

If Winslow is healthy he starts over SlowMo, but he might sit the rest of the year, if the team buy the idea of his staff (doctor).

Dieng will be a insurance and will help in the cases that Jaren fouls too much. Waiters will probably fight with Josh for minutes.

And that might be it, this year at last, for Guduric minutes and Bell will probably never play too.

2/5 - @ Dallas - WIN
2/7 - @ Philly
2/9 - @ Washington
2/12 - vs Portland
All Star Break
2/20 @ Sacramento
2/21 @ LA Lakers
2/24 @ LA Clippers 
2/26 @ Houston

On 2/5/2020 at 4:12 PM, chipc3 said:

Oops. I can't count I guess! 

You're still golden with your post surgery free pass. So, you get to eat solid food again in a few weeks?

Just now, GameOn said:

You're still golden with your post surgery free pass. So, you get to eat solid food again in a few weeks?

5-7 weeks until I can eat normal food. I am on a soft food diet right now. Mostly mac and cheese, yogurt and smoothies. 

On 2/5/2020 at 5:33 PM, Rdk4121 said:

4 looks very attainable. I wouldn't be shocked if we get 5.

I say 5 wins, including the Mavs game which we already won.

3 minutes ago, GameOn said:

I say 5 wins, including the Mavs game which we already won.

We get the Sixers on a back to back. Washington tanking, Sacramento isn't very good. I could see us winning all of those. Probably should be able to steal one (or two if we drop the Sixers game) from Portland, the LA teams, and Houston. Given Houston's roster makeup, JV should score 50.

Just now, Rdk4121 said:

We get the Sixers on a back to back. Washington tanking, Sacramento isn't very good. I could see us winning all of those. Probably should be able to steal one (or two if we drop the Sixers game) from Portland, the LA teams, and Houston. Given Houston's roster makeup, JV should score 50.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

17 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

5-7 weeks until I can eat normal food. I am on a soft food diet right now. Mostly mac and cheese, yogurt and smoothies. 

Think of the weight you are losing now as room for what you're going to eat when you're completely healed.

7 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Think of the weight you are losing now as room for what you're going to eat when you're completely healed.

Don't worry. I am definitely thinking about the food I get to eat later!

On 2/7/2020 at 8:24 AM, chipc3 said:

2/5 - @ Dallas - WIN
2/7 - @ Philly - LOSS
2/9 - @ Washington - WIN
2/12 - vs Portland - WIN
All Star Break
2/20 @ Sacramento
2/21 @ LA Lakers
2/24 @ LA Clippers 
2/26 @ Houston

Updated 3-1.  Need that Kings game.

30 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Updated 3-1.  Need that Kings game.

That Rockets game will be a biggie.  Let's see if we can crack the code to defeat Super Small Ball.

We might be fighting H Town for the 7th seed.  Who knows....

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

That Rockets game will be a biggie.  Let's see if we can crack the code to defeat Super Small Ball.

We might be fighting H Town for the 7th seed.  Who knows....

We may (hopefully) be fighting for the 7th seed, but if we're battling Houston, than plenty of others will have already cracked that code to beat them.

11 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Once we get down to 28 games left (Are we there yet?) then it’s gonna be a bunch of 7 game series (hope you win 4 out of 7).  

That is a good way to look at it, also help the coaching staff to prepare ourselves to the Playoffs.

That game at Houston on the 26th could be a semi-Must Win game for us.  Get that and it puts the heat on the PTSD Blazers and the New Orleans Pelicans as well as the Rockets themselves.

3 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

That is a good way to look at it, also help the coaching staff to prepare ourselves to the Playoffs.

So there are actually are 28 games left.  Another thing about 7 game series: you REALLY don't want to lose 3 games in a row.  That might be like this playoff chase.  3 in a row would be BAD.  And, maybe a well-timed 4 game winning streak could put this away.

With our next four games being against the Kings, Lakers, Clips, and Rockets if we LOSE 3 straight then we are not doing ourselves any favors.  If we go 3-1 then that would be basically like going up 3-1 in a seven game series.  If Lillard is out another week -- or more, and if they fall back another game or two against us (over the next four games) then the odds of us making the playoffs continue to go up.  3-1 over the next four (with a win at Houston) puts more pressure on the Rockets, too.

Oh wow, yeah, to win a title you have to win FOUR 7 game series.  So, let's win FOUR 7 game series and make the playoffs.  Then we will be in playoff mode heading into the money season.

I dont like what I saw tonight, looking for our schedule I dont know if our playoff berth last longer than this next 8 games.  We might go 3-8 and there goes our lead. Our home games are against Kings  (make it a L at least seems that is the only result we know against them) and against Lakers, it we will be not easy, I hope the guys prove my fears wrong tomorrow.

On 2/7/2020 at 8:24 AM, chipc3 said:

2/5 - @ Dallas - WIN
2/7 - @ Philly - Loss
2/9 - @ Washington - WIN
2/12 - vs Portland - WIN
All Star Break
2/20 @ Sacramento - Loss
2/21 @ LA Lakers
2/24 @ LA Clippers 
2/26 @ Houston

Don't think we will beat the clippers or rockets but we need to steal one.