How Many Games Will Memphis Win?   

22 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How many games in the next 8 will Memphis Win?

There are 32 games remaining in the regular season. That breaks down into 4 sets of 8 games. We used to break down the season into 7 game sets according to Hubie Brown's old way of thinking about the season. 8 works better however with only 32 games remaining. 

2/5 - @ Dallas
2/7 - @ Philly
2/9 - @ Washington
2/12 - vs Portland
All Star Break
2/20 @ Sacramento
2/21 @ LA Lakers
2/24 @ LA Clippers 
2/26 @ Houston

I say they go 4-4 with wins against Dallas(no Luka but they will have to out points up), Washington, Portland and Sactown. They may steal 1 one more but then again, they may go 8-0, depends on what trades happen tomorrow

55 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

There are 32 games remaining in the regular season. That breaks down into 4 sets of 8 games. We used to break down the season into 7 game sets according to Hubie Brown's old way of thinking about the season. 8 works better however with only 32 games remaining. 

2/5 - @ Dallas
2/7 - @ Philly
2/9 - @ Washington
2/12 - vs Portland
All Star Break
2/20 @ Sacramento
2/21 @ LA Lakers
2/24 @ LA Clippers 

4-3.

With the All Star Weekend, hopefully we don't LOSE.

So, best of 7 -- we win!!!

P.S.  You could ALSO do 8 sets of 4 game chunks so like, MINI-CHUNKS in honor of Zion Williamson.

55 minutes ago, Dwash said:

You got Houston too. 

Im saying 4 wins. 

Oops. I can't count I guess! 

I made a mistake and left off the 8th game. If you picked on the seven games please come back and add the 8th game to your picks. 

Just now, Kevin B Moses said:

3-4 hope im wrong

15 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

4-3.

With the All Star Weekend, hopefully we don't LOSE.

So, best of 7 -- we win!!!

P.S.  You could ALSO do 8 sets of 4 game chunks so like, MINI-CHUNKS in honor of Zion Williamson.

51 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Oops. I can't count I guess! 

That's cool.

I have FOUR keys on my 3 Keys to Victory in the Mavs game.

Oh... IF we don't do well in the next 8 games, then maybe we should change things up with SIX chunks of 4 games for the remaining games.

Next 8: 3 wins, 3 losses, 2 games can go either way, so hopefully we go 5-3 but 4-4 beats 3-5 any game of the week (Houston is the last game of this set -- I think).

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

2/5 - @ Dallas
2/7 - @ Philly
2/9 - @ Washington
2/12 - vs Portland
All Star Break
2/20 @ Sacramento
2/21 @ LA Lakers
2/24 @ LA Clippers 
2/26 @ Houston

I think we win one of Dallas/Philly (Dallas doesn't have Luka/Philly has some weird internal dysfunction right now it seems), win at Washington, and win two of Portland/Sacramento/Houston...so put me down for 4-4.

Just now, I❤️JV said:

8-0

I hope your right , I,m saying 4-4

if Memphis goes 8-0 then they will make the play-off 

Just now, lions said:

if Memphis goes 8-0 then they will make the play-off 

promise me if we go 8-0...you will stop supporting....you know who....

The poll is now closed. Actually it should have been closed after the tip off last night but I was negligent. 

I think we should take a little different look. All-Star weekend is coming, splitting before mention stretch of games into two:before and after All-Star break.

Right now we are fighting to stay at #8 spot. Our direct threat are Blazers. Let's look at their games before break:

Grizzlies:

02/07 @ PHI

02/09 @ WAS

02-12 vs POR

Blazers:

Today, 02/06 vs SAS

Next day, 02/07 @ UTA

02/09 vs MIA

02/11 @ NOP

Next day, 02/12 @POR.

Let's look at our games first. Tomorrow in Philly against Sixers. Theoretically - we are huge underdogs. But look at how both teams performed lately. Sixers are 8-10 in their last 18 games. 6 wins were at home where their record is 22-2 for the season. They beat Warriors, Lakers, Bulls, Nets, Celtics and Thunder. Embiid is their super mega star, but he doesn't do so well against big, physical bigs. Embiid doesn't mind playing in the paint, but before mentioned Cs cause him troubles. In 120-113 win against Thunder, Embiid was 18/9 0 blocks,  Adam Stevens had  24/15 (9 offensive rebounds!) and 2 blocks. Embiid always had problems with JV while JV played for Toronto. Only refs whistle helped him a little bit. So, Sixers are 8-10 in their last 18, we are 13-3 in our last 16. Grizzles lost twice to Pelicans and once on the road to Celtics. Home lost to Pels was painful. Pels were 21/48 from the distance, we - 9/33. Road lost to Celtics was historical. Grizzlies had a 42-35 lead and when the disaster struck. Celtics went on a 23-2 scoring run, finally outscoring us 66-21, taking a 101-63 "lead" and winning the game 119-95. Road loss to Pels was even uglier. Pels led 110-86 after three quarters, winning the game 139-111. 

Today Sixers play in Milwaukee against league's best Bucks. Last time they played it was in Philly. Sixers destroyed Bucks, leading 100-73 after three and winning 121-109. Giannis Antetokounmpo had his worst game of the season. 8/27 from the floor, missed all 7 three pointers and had +/- of -19. I bet today Greek Freak will want some payback. Interesting, the weather in Milwaukee is nasty - snowing non stop. Sixers could have problems to get back home. We must start the game with maximum intensity and maybe get away with the W from Philly. Hard to do, but timing is favoring us very much.

Our next game against Wizards. We are a better team, a better team should win. I hope :)

Our final game before the break is at home against our main rival Blazers. Here the NBA schedule does us a big favor too.Let's look what Blazers have before they play us. Blazers will play 4 games. Today at home against Spurs (anything can happen), tomorrow in Utah against Jazz. Jazz are riding 5 games losing streak, but they have second best home record in the West 18-5 (Clippers are 22-5). It's very likely that Jazz will end their losing streak tomorrow.

Blazers play on February 9th against very dangerous and much improved Heat. Two days later against Zion in New Orleans, next day after Pelicans game - they play us.

To summarize - we must increase our separation from Blazers before the break cause we lucked in into good schedule.

4 games after the break on the road against 4 good West teams? We better win at least once...