Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Portland Trailblazers - 2/12/20

Coach Jenkins should call Coach Gentry (Pelicans) to see if grizzlies could borrow zion for one game.  Well, at least thank him for beating Portland. (assuming Portland doesn't make a 24 point comeback).

Pels doing us a heckin big favor. They may come in to memphis more discouraged than hungry tomorrow if this keeps up

Thank you Pelicans!

34 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Pels doing us a heckin big favor. They may come in to memphis more discouraged than hungry tomorrow if this keeps up

Hopefully  not the other way around.  

7 hours ago, lions said:

I,m still trying to figure out, How in the hell is Portland  under 500 in the month of February with that line-up , I hope I,m wrong but it  seems when  melo is on a good team after a while things start to  falls apart . just a thought 

They were bad before melo. Melo is honestly the only reason they are even in contention. 

4 hours ago, Back2Grizzness said:

Man...it’s crazy to finally have a budding star

budding STARS

1 hour ago, gfaulk09 said:

They were bad before melo. Melo is honestly the only reason they are even in contention. 

good to see Portland lost again vs new orleans

11 hours ago, Joey Crawford said:

Coach Jenkins should call Coach Gentry (Pelicans) to see if grizzlies could borrow zion for one game.  Well, at least thank him for beating Portland. (assuming Portland doesn't make a 24 point comeback).

I would have preferred the Blazers beating the Hornets, giving them a win on the road trip (making it successful) instead of being desperate to win one to prevent being shut out on the road trip. Also, the Pelicans have the easiest closing schedule in the league so losing toss up games would be nice. 

2 hours ago, JWill4L said:

Three pages and still ten hours to start the game says something about the importance of it.

right.

Anticipating a really good game.

it is cold and rainy today ... wondering how/ if it’s gonna affect attendance.

Either way —> I am gonna be in my seat by 6:30 !!!

20 hours ago, lions said:

I,m still trying to figure out, How in the hell is Portland  under 500 in the month of February with that line-up , I hope I,m wrong but it  seems when  melo is on a good team after a while things start to  falls apart . just a thought 

They dealt with a lot of injuries  and/or loss of front court players from last season's playoff team.

Replace Dame with an average NBA PG and they are about as good as Hornets.

I think we have an advantage over them as far as the macthups are concerned. Jaren should hopefully have his way with Melo on offense and defense. Whiteside is pretty good, but I'm not sure how he fairs against someone even bigger than him. Kyle vs Ariza is a wash. Dillon has a distinct size advantage over McCollum, but McCollum always likes playing against us. Dame and Ja is a fun matchup to watch, and Ja can't let him go off. Their bench is pretty trash and our bench is pretty good, so a big advantage there for us. Plus we get to see how Dieng and/or Bell look. 

5 hours ago, Ethan7 said:

I'd say this is as close to a must-win game as it gets. 

Oh yeah.

We play 'em two more times later in the season, so I think we really need this one since I think we split the next two Blazers games (both on the road I think).

Other than that, the Rockets game to the end the season could be HUGE -- especially if Super Small Ball falters down the stretch (THEY could be fighting for that 8th seed).

6 hours ago, Ethan7 said:

I'd say this is as close to a must-win game as it gets. 

Not even remotely. If the Grizzlies lose tonight they still are in 8th place, they still play the Blazers twice more and they still have space between them and 9th place. 

We want to win. It's important that the team understands this and I expect a near playoff intensity tonight in the arena (assuming Memphis fans show up for the game). It's not a must win but it is a desired win for sure. 

Cant wait for the game, could be just like the Rockets game, a big game for Ja and Jaren, and for all the team. A opportunity to show once more we are for real and solidify ourselves as the 8th seed.

Lillard x Ja will be interesting, Im only scaried about Jaren biting on Melo pump fakes, its great Dieng and Bell are available. 

JV x Whiteside and Dillon × CJ aka the Grizzlies killer could be good too.

Its a must win.

6 hours ago, JWill4L said:

Three pages and still ten hours to start the game says something about the importance of it.

4 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

right.

Anticipating a really good game.

it is cold and rainy today ... wondering how/ if it’s gonna affect attendance.

Either way —> I am gonna be in my seat by 6:30 !!!

As Toke says:

THROW IT UP ALREADY!

On 2/11/2020 at 3:46 PM, BigHunkALove said:

The King!

You just went up in my estimation

Just make sure you don't step on his blue suede shoes or you'll end up at the heartbreak hotel, doing the jailhouse rock.

17 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

J

JONAS

A

R

E

N

The  J-Team. AKA the twin towers.