Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Portland Trailblazers - 2/12/20

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Wednessday, February 12, 7:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs Portland Trailblazers

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: Hardwood Classic Night. Mercury Printing presents Grizzlies Valentine’s Cards to the 1st 5K fans

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Ja Morant Dillon Brooks  Kyle Alexander Jaren Jackson Jr Jonas Valanciunas
1629630.png 1628415.png 203937.png 1628991.png 202685.png

Blazers Starting 5

Damian Lillard CJ McCollum Trevor Ariza Carmelo Anthony Hassan Whiteside
203081.png 203468.png 2772.png 2546.png 202355.png

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Grayson Allen, Jordan Bell, Brandon Clarke, Gorgui Dieng, Marco Guduric,  Josh Jackson, Tyus Jones, John Konchar (2Way), De'Anthony Melton, Yuta Watanabe (2Way), Justise Winslow

Portland: Moses Brown, Zach Collins, Wenyen Gabriel, Mario Hezonja, Jaylen Hoard, Rodney Hood, Nassir Little, Jusuf Nurkic, Anfernee Simmons, Caleb Swanigan, Gary Trent Jr, 

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Blazers: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

This will lbe a HUGE game for the 8th seeded Grizzlies we win this that will move us 4 games ahead of Portland , the spurs  are DONE , the only team I,m worried about is Portland for that 8th seed , this is a must win 

I see portland  will be playing Tuesday vs new orleans  that a plus for  the grizzlies 

8 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

As big of a game as it gets.  

Have we played them yet?

i have a feeling that winning a tie breaker over them would be big.

The tiebreaker will be either March 12th or April 5th.  This is the first of only a three game set with Portland, and the only home game, so we better win this one.

This one should have a playoff atmosphere.....

I hope we're ready to play, because if the team comes out like they did against Philly & Washington, we will get buried.

just like the song  by Kenny loggins THIS IS IT .this games vs Portland and the month of February will determined if the MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES  will make the PLAY-OFF 

bet you there will be a lot of straight up NBA basketball fans tuning in to see this one... Not only Blazer and Grizzly fans ... this game means something.

Dame has been going ham ... Ja is not afraid .

Both will go hard but I'm hoping Dame tries to do too much ... the pressure is really on him (not that he shies away from pressure but still.)

13 gets his 3 ball working early - keep the paint free for Ja's circus shots.

I don't know if yall notice it on TV but Ja has this thing he does with 13 when he hits him with a crazy no look assist -> he puts up his fists over his eyes like binoculars -> "I SEE YOU ! " 

Slo-Mo doing slo-mo stuff

Brandon pogo sticking and yamming ally oops and getting his quick floater to fall 

JV ready to beast in the paint

our role players know and play their roles (defense is going to be bananas) 

Getting to hear alot of the announcer's "jOOONESSS" 

I can't wait !

THROW IT UP !

let's GOOOO!

what did they say ? 26 wins - for the season ?

*Jay -Z voice - "ok" 

2 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

bet you there will be a lot of straight up NBA basketball fans tuning in to see this one... Not only Blazer and Grizzly fans ... this game means something.

Dame has been going ham ... Ja is not afraid .

Both will go hard but I'm hoping Dame tries to do too much ... the pressure is really on him (not that he shies away from pressure but still.)

13 gets his 3 ball working early - keep the paint free for Ja's circus shots.

I don't know if yall notice it on TV but Ja has this thing he does with 13 when he hits him with a crazy no look assist -> he puts up his fists over his eyes like binoculars -> "I SEE YOU ! " 

Slo-Mo doing slo-mo stuff

Brandon pogo sticking and yamming ally oops and getting his quick floater to fall 

JV ready to beast in the paint

our role players know and play their roles (defense is going to be bananas) 

Getting to hear alot of the announcer's "jOOONESSS" 

I can't wait !

THROW IT UP !

let's GOOOO!

what did they say ? 26 wins - for the season ?

*Jay -Z voice - "ok" 

In the WAS game after he hit Kyle with one of those lasers both Ja and Kyle put on their laser assist goggles.  The camera had a great shot of Ja wearing his and Kyle in the background doing the same.  It was hilarious.

Just now, smit-tay griz said:

In the WAS game after he hit Kyle with one of those lasers both Ja and Kyle put on their laser assist goggles.  The camera had a great shot of Ja wearing his and Kyle in the background doing the same.  It was hilarious.

I agree. Ja does that whenever he makes an incredible pass that results in a score.

for Portland to have 2 superstar player and be under 500 at the mid way point . they may have to blow this thing up

5 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

This one should have a playoff atmosphere.....

I hope we're ready to play, because if the team comes out like they did against Philly & Washington, we will get buried.

+1. If we play as the last 2 games, we will get our *** kicked and Damian will score 50+... but each game are different and i'm sure team will fight. Go Grizzz !!! 

13 hours ago, lions said:

just like the song  by Kenny loggins THIS IS IT .this games vs Portland and the month of February will determined if the MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES  will make the PLAY-OFF 

Or is it the danger zone? 

I just hope the shooting is better than the last couple of games!

1 hour ago, UkGrizz said:

Or is it the danger zone? 

I just hope the shooting is better than the last couple of games!

What I am hoping for is to see our new big's play.      Plus, what you say....😁👍

On 2/8/2020 at 8:31 PM, Teddy.B said:

Thanks Chip for the continued good work on the game threads. 

Agreed.  I'm new to participating on this board.  The game threads are excellent.