Kevin B Moses

The official Hot take thread

4 hours ago, grizz09 said:

they can hoop

Yeah they can

You know you're stir crazy when you can look at high school girls basketball tournaments and know half or more of the girls playing, lol.

Such as Cameron Brink a 6'4 center.

Bump.

Do you guys think there will be a playoffs at some point this season?  I have no idea.

Bad look for Rudy Gobert touching all the mics.  He’s basically a 7’3 Death Star at this point.

IF this is really it, the Grizzlies had an awesome year.  

Interesting and truly bizarre season.  Morey started it and The Virus ended it (with Rudy Gobert being the first domino).  

The league is in a weird place — TV ratings are falling and LeBron is aging.

What now? What’s next?

11 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Bump.

Do you guys think there will be a playoffs at some point this season?  I have no idea.

Bad look for Rudy Gobert touching all the mics.  He’s basically a 7’3 Death Star at this point.

IF this is really it, the Grizzlies had an awesome year.  

Interesting and truly bizarre season.  Morey started it and The Virus ended it (with Rudy Gobert being the first domino).  

The league is in a weird place — TV ratings are falling and LeBron is aging.

What now? What’s next?

If I had to guess, I'd guess the season is fully over, pending some kind of change within the next month. It seems like this is going to get much worse before it gets better though, so I doubt that will happen. It's unfortunate but it is what it is I suppose.

3 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

If I had to guess, I'd guess the season is fully over, pending some kind of change within the next month. It seems like this is going to get much worse before it gets better though, so I doubt that will happen. It's unfortunate but it is what it is I suppose.

I think they'll play the playoffs in the summer when the states of emergency are over and travel restrictions are lifted. 

Too much money to give up, and EVERY business is going to be scrambling for the spending bump that comes when this blows over. 

2 hours ago, Zappastache said:

I think they'll play the playoffs in the summer when the states of emergency are over and travel restrictions are lifted. 

Too much money to give up, and EVERY business is going to be scrambling for the spending bump that comes when this blows over. 

So just start the playoffs where the standings are right now or play out the rest of the regular season? There are so many scheduling issues with arenas these days. It would be very hard to change all of that in a way that allows the rest of the regular season to be played.

1 hour ago, srmjr23 said:

So just start the playoffs where the standings are right now or play out the rest of the regular season? There are so many scheduling issues with arenas these days. It would be very hard to change all of that in a way that allows the rest of the regular season to be played.

All those NBA arenas are told to keep their arena schedule free from late April through May with the NBA having highest priority in case of playoffs, so I do think they could play some schedule.  I also think people will be hungry for NBA action, so I could understand why even a team like the Charlotte Hornets or Knicks want games in their arena.

However, if I had to rank what I think is most likely:

A - Play resumes in late April or early May - Go directly to playoffs (It's nearly impossible to fairly cut 5-10 games from everyones schedule)

B - Season cancelled (this means it is bad in the USA)

C - Play resumes with compressing the rest of the season and a compressed playoffs (meaning same amount of games with less rest time between).  Honestly, they can compress the playoffs quite a bit.

If they postpone the draft too long would there be a DOUBLE draft in 2021? Or maybe a TRIPLE draft if they include HS players? 

If they don’t do the draft my late August or September then wouldn’t that run into college signings and workouts and stuff?  Would everybody just go back to school or overseas?  

If the Celtics have our pick in a 2020/2021 combined draft, well, that would be bad.

When/if the league/world/universe/multiverse starts back up I think that LeBron and Giannis should have a one on one game to decide the 2019-2020 MVP award.

#RuckerPark

unbelievable ,