Kevin B Moses

The official Hot take thread

48 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

“Don’t poke the bear” should be added to the list of official team mottos asap.

23 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:
@ShamsCharania
Phoenix’s Devin Booker has been selected to replace Damian Lillard in the 2020 NBA All-Star Game.

Don't love a team 11 games under .500 getting a representative, but the dude does put up pretty flashy numbers and the All-Star Game is probably even less competitive than your rec league pick-up game so...*shrug*

1 hour ago, ACGrizz said:

Don't love a team 11 games under .500 getting a representative, but the dude does put up pretty flashy numbers and the All-Star Game is probably even less competitive than your rec league pick-up game so...*shrug*

I mean a guy 26 games under is starting so its hard to say no to anyone based on record at that point. 

2 hours ago, I❤️JV said:
@ShamsCharania
Phoenix’s Devin Booker has been selected to replace Damian Lillard in the 2020 NBA All-Star Game.

* Bulletin board material for Ja Morant.

I can very easily see Ja Morant (and Zion) breaking out their MVP Modes, not necessarily for the ROY hardware but for the playoff glory.

58 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I mean a guy 26 games under is starting so its hard to say no to anyone based on record at that point. 

Ha, touche. Keep forgetting Young is a starter.

I kinda agree with paying players for college basketball.

FOR INSTANCE, all the guys masquerading this year as "college basketball players" should have to cut checks to Ja Morant, Zion Williamson, and Tacko Fall -- those dudes were worth the price of admission!!!

Not saying that this season of college basketball is particularly unwatchable -- it's just that I haven't really watched any of it.

Hot Take -   Bell plays some actually minutes for us. 

12 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

I kinda agree with paying players for college basketball.

FOR INSTANCE, all the guys masquerading this year as "college basketball players" should have to cut checks to Ja Morant, Zion Williamson, and Tacko Fall -- those dudes were worth the price of admission!!!

Not saying that this season of college basketball is particularly unwatchable -- it's just that I haven't really watched any of it.

College basketball is terrible to watch for me this year.Between terrible calls, and no real game changing play by individual players.It has been tough to watch.

29 minutes ago, On My Grizzlie said:

College basketball is terrible to watch for me this year.Between terrible calls, and no real game changing play by individual players.It has been tough to watch.

Amen brother!   I watch TOOO much NBA to be able to watch the horrible college ball.   I am spoiled. 

On 2/13/2020 at 10:43 AM, ACGrizz said:

Hope they don't double-team him in the All-Star Game.  He might get upset.  :lol:

PERSONALLY SPEAKING, I think that Ja and 4 guys in a rec league can drag this team to the playoffs.

UNFORTUNATELY, we have a bunch of NBA players on this roster.

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

PERSONALLY SPEAKING, I think that Ja and 4 guys in a rec league can drag this team to the playoffs.

UNFORTUNATELY, we have a bunch of NBA players on this roster.

You sure have a lot of faith in ja. 

10 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

You sure have a lot of faith in ja. 

He's the guy to build around and with him you HAVE to play Ja Ball.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:30 PM, grizzgolf said:

Hot Take -   Bell plays some actually minutes for us. 

Boom! Struck gold on that one.

My hot take - Bell is super short for a 4. Maybe why he has changed rosters so many times lately.

8 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

Boom! Struck gold on that one.

My hot take - Bell is super short for a 4. Maybe why he has changed rosters so many times lately.

Yeah....when we played the Clippers, I noticed that Paul George was bigger than Bell; not just height.

He looks like a big 2 guard with the skill set of a Center.  Not a very promising outlook for him.

5 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

Yeah....when we played the Clippers, I noticed that Paul George was bigger than Bell; not just height.

He looks like a big 2 guard with the skill set of a Center.  Not a very promising outlook for him.

Bell is taller and longer than Brandon.    He is too short for a 5 for sure but he can handle the 4.    I think he should get more looks during all these injuries personally.   At least i know he is an NBA player.      He is a solid shot blocker and rebounder and can fly in transition.    Seems like we need that type of guy in rotation with Jaren and Brandon out. 

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Bell is taller and longer than Brandon.    He is too short for a 5 for sure but he can handle the 4.    I think he should get more looks during all these injuries personally.   At least i know he is an NBA player.      He is a solid shot blocker and rebounder and can fly in transition.    Seems like we need that type of guy in rotation with Jaren and Brandon out. 

He's definitely an NBA player. He has a jersey with his name on it and everything. 

Whether a short interior player with no documented consistent outside shot is what the Grizzlies need is a different question. Before last night's game you were complaining about players clogging the lanes and not being able to spread the court weren't you? 

Either way, Bell will get minutes with Jackson and Clarke out. When they return I doubt Bell will remain in the lineup but that is just my opinion. 

This isn’t a slump. The team is being exposed by playoff caliber teams for their lack of D and ill conceived offense that relies on a shooting touch that they do not consistently have. They are a good, young, talented team that is playing a style that is not sustainable. That success in January was fool’s gold. Brooks is not a reliable shooter like that.

The staff needs a clinic on NBA defense 101 and “grown man” basketball. You cannot let teams consistently get on runs and your only hope is to try and match them shot for shot. Matador defense will get you blown out every night toward the end of the season and the playoffs. Can anyone try and stay in front of their man? Ever heard of a defensive rotation? How are you gonna defend the pick and roll? These things are vital in remaining competitive in NBA games.

I still say they need more experience, leadership, and toughness on the coaching staff with such a young team. A team that got even younger with the Iggy trades. A rookie coach with a team this young is a recipe for disaster. The coach literally said “we are learning from these blow out losses” after the game. What are they learning, how to get blown out? Where’s the pride, determination, and resolve that says we are better than what we have shown over these 4 games?

And please, let’s put the Vancouver jerseys away! Just embarrassing that one of the few times they get on national TV and they are wearing “Vancouver Grizzlies” on their chests. Maybe that was a good thing, people would think they were actually from Vancouver the way they played 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

He's definitely an NBA player. He has a jersey with his name on it and everything. 

Whether a short interior player with no documented consistent outside shot is what the Grizzlies need is a different question. Before last night's game you were complaining about players clogging the lanes and not being able to spread the court weren't you? 

Either way, Bell will get minutes with Jackson and Clarke out. When they return I doubt Bell will remain in the lineup but that is just my opinion. 

Yea the guy that got real minutes during GSW championship run ( Werent u same dude saying  Playoff experience was reason why Kyle should get minutes?). 

Maybe you didn't notice it in last nights game but HOU didn't play a guy over 6'8' all night.   So playing a 6'8' Center wouldn't be much of a problem.    Bell can play defense and had better mobility to stick with guys around perimeter.   he also hit a corner 3 last night (so he isn't afraid to shoot them).    He is also very athletic.   

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea the guy that got real minutes during GSW championship run ( Werent u same dude saying  Playoff experience was reason why Kyle should get minutes?). 

Maybe you didn't notice it in last nights game but HOU didn't play a guy over 6'8' all night.   So playing a 6'8' Center wouldn't be much of a problem.    Bell can play defense and had better mobility to stick with guys around perimeter.   he also hit a corner 3 last night (so he isn't afraid to shoot them).    He is also very athletic.   

Playoff experience for Kyle is far greater than the playoff experience for Bell but you are correct Bell has played in the playoffs. What has that go to do with anything I said? 

Maybe you haven't noticed but we don't play Houston that often the rest of the season and they are the only team that doesn't play big men on the interior. Bell has averaged 0.41 three point attempts in his career, the majority of which was playing with Golden State a team  that encourages everyone to shoot threes. Do you believe Bell will spread the court because teams are concerned about his three point shooting? 

Once again you appear to be taking a small set of numbers (in this case one game) to make proclamations about the rest of the season. Bell will be exposed defensively against larger players. Not every team can play like Houston. To expect the Grizzlies to be able to replicate what the Rockets are doing seems optimistic at best but we can wait and see. Time will tell whether you are right or you will change your mind again. 

9 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Playoff experience for Kyle is far greater than the playoff experience for Bell but you are correct Bell has played in the playoffs. What has that go to do with anything I said? 

Maybe you haven't noticed but we don't play Houston that often the rest of the season and they are the only team that doesn't play big men on the interior. Bell has averaged 0.41 three point attempts in his career, the majority of which was playing with Golden State a team  that encourages everyone to shoot threes. Do you believe Bell will spread the court because teams are concerned about his three point shooting? 

Once again you appear to be taking a small set of numbers (in this case one game) to make proclamations about the rest of the season. Bell will be exposed defensively against larger players. Not every team can play like Houston. To expect the Grizzlies to be able to replicate what the Rockets are doing seems optimistic at best but we can wait and see. Time will tell whether you are right or you will change your mind again. 

Kyle  has played in 30 playoff games and Jordan has played in 32.   Neither one of them were the main pieces for their teams.    You are trying to argue he is barely an NBA player.   I countered with he got minutes in playoffs.  

Maybe you didn't notice my other post (doubt that) but my entire point was the approach to PLAYING HOUSTON.   

Now that our main pieces are hurt - Taylor needs to be more creative with his rotation.  Namely the starting lineup.   It made sense to play Dieng + Jonas some minutes together against Lakers because they play Big.      Didn't make sense to do that against Kings and HOU because they mostly played small.    Before you bring up Big is a good counter to Small - please realize we loss those games.   Also Jonas isn't the type of Big that can really exploit that.     Yes he may score but due to his lack of mobility he gives it up on the other end.   Jaren is the only real counter and he isn't available.   So Coach must adapt to situation presented. 

12 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Kyle  has played in 30 playoff games and Jordan has played in 32.   Neither one of them were the main pieces for their teams.    You are trying to argue he is barely an NBA player.   I countered with he got minutes in playoffs.  

Maybe you didn't notice my other post (doubt that) but my entire point was the approach to PLAYING HOUSTON.   

Now that our main pieces are hurt - Taylor needs to be more creative with his rotation.  Namely the starting lineup.   It made sense to play Dieng + Jonas some minutes together against Lakers because they play Big.      Didn't make sense to do that against Kings and HOU because they mostly played small.    Before you bring up Big is a good counter to Small - please realize we loss those games.   Also Jonas isn't the type of Big that can really exploit that.     Yes he may score but due to his lack of mobility he gives it up on the other end.   Jaren is the only real counter and he isn't available.   So Coach must adapt to situation presented. 

I stand by my comment that Bell is a marginal NBA player at best. Bell's playing time in the playoffs came in blowouts after the real players on that team had gotten the lead. He wasn't a factor at all. He won't be in the lineup once Jackson and Clarke return. His sole reason for getting PT right now is not one but two players ahead of him on the depth chart are injured. 

I was responding to these comments of yours:

I don't deny that Bell makes sense against Houston when Brandon and Jackson are out. However you compared Bell to Clarke and said he is the type of guy "we" need in the rotation with them out. I disagree. The only reason the teamput Bell in the rotation is that Clarke and Jackson are out. We need someone who is taller and has an outside shot. He's not an exceptional shot blocker or rebounder averaging fewer than a block a game and 3.1 RPG over his career. He's not a 3 point shooter as he has taken a total of 18 three point shots over 3 seasons. 

I hope he plays well but let's not go overboard. He is a limited player who fills a hole but he doesn't fill it very well. That's all I am saying. 

The number of playoff games is extremely misleading as well since the Warriors made the NBA Finals each of Bell's seasons while the Spurs were first or second round fodder in the three seasons Kyle participated in the playoffs. Kyle averaged double digit minutes in each of his playoff appearances. Kyle has averaged 13.2 MPG in the playoffs. Bell averaged 10.2 MPG in his rookie season and 7.1 in his second season for an average of 8.7 MPG but the playoffs for these two players has nothing to do with whether or not Bell is someone the Grizzlies need in their lineup right now. He will play because the team has no one else but that is not to say the Grizzlies are happy to play him. 

Just now, chipc3 said:

I stand by my comment that Bell is a marginal NBA player at best. Bell's playing time in the playoffs came in blowouts after the real players on that team had gotten the lead. He wasn't a factor at all. He won't be in the lineup once Jackson and Clarke return. His sole reason for getting PT right now is not one but two players ahead of him on the depth chart are injured. 

I was responding to these comments of yours:

I don't deny that Bell makes sense against Houston when Brandon and Jackson are out. However you compared Bell to Clarke and said he is the type of guy "we" need in the rotation with them out. I disagree. The only reason the teamput Bell in the rotation is that Clarke and Jackson are out. We need someone who is taller and has an outside shot. He's not an exceptional shot blocker or rebounder averaging fewer than a block a game and 3.1 RPG over his career. He's not a 3 point shooter as he has taken a total of 18 three point shots over 3 seasons. 

I hope he plays well but let's not go overboard. He is a limited player who fills a hole but he doesn't fill it very well. That's all I am saying. 

No kidding Sherlock.    Where am i saying that Bell is some Saviour or should be in our future plans???    Context man are you capable of understanding context?    Clearly i am mentioning Bell because Jaren and BC are out.    Also did you read the post i was actually responding to when i compared Bell to Brandon.   

6 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

If you read it you would see i was commenting on Bell's size not his skills.    BTW Paul George is 6'9 or 10"  he is legit Big guy so of course he is bigger than Bell. 

Nobody was going overboard but when the coach is rolling out GLeaguers instead and constantly playing True Bigs against HOU and we are getting blitzed.   Then it is perfectly reasonable to bring up the fact that we do have another Big in rotation that is potentially a better matchup. 

Also why shouldnt Bell be in rotation with JJJ and BC out???   You wanna give more minutes to Marko or Yuta??   May as well see what Bell can do.    He can atleast play fast and is a lob threat.   No reason to have him on the shelf when he is a better player than the guys you are giving minutes too.