The Stro Show

The Grizz have recalled Josh Jackson

The Memphis Grizzlies have recalled Josh Jackson from the G League.

Omari Sankofa II: Per a team source, Josh Jackson has done everything the Grizzlies and Hustle have asked of him. Sounds like this could be a lasting opportunity, barring anything unexpected. No word on how big his role will be, that will be up to Taylor Jenkins.

it now time  to put up or shut -up for josh jasckson

I’ll allow it. Deserves its own thread imo. I’m psyched to see what he can bring I don’t really give a monkey’s about his past allegations and history. 

18 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

I’ll allow it. Deserves its own thread imo. I’m psyched to see what he can bring I don’t really give a monkey’s about his past allegations and history. 

Agreed

I hope he plays vs NY. 

I would encourage everyone to note that there is a lot of collaboration between the Grizzlies front office and the coaching staff. Taylor Jenkins has been in the loop throughout the Josh Jackson process. If the FO is calling him up, it's logical to assume they know he'll play.

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:
I would encourage everyone to note that there is a lot of collaboration between the Grizzlies front office and the coaching staff. Taylor Jenkins has been in the loop throughout the Josh Jackson process. If the FO is calling him up, it's logical to assume they know he'll play.

I hope, we definitely need him right now, I wonder if they're shopping Jae

Just now, toocoolkellz said:

They may not be openly shopping Crowder but every team in the league knows Crowder and Solomon are available.     If Josh looks like a solid addition then we have everything we need other than a true Backup Big.  

Ja + Dillon + Josh + Brandon + Jaren  would be able to play lightning fast and above the rim.     Most athletic lineup in team history. 

6 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

They may not be openly shopping Crowder but every team in the league knows Crowder and Solomon are available.     If Josh looks like a solid addition then we have everything we need other than a true Backup Big.  

Ja + Dillon + Josh + Brandon + Jaren  would be able to play lightning fast and above the rim.     Most athletic lineup in team history. 

Agreed

Going to the game tonight. Hope the kid gets some run and we can see what he's made of. 

Can't be any worse than those Gudric minutes we got on Sunday! Poor Gudric...i wanna like him but he just doesn't have a clue out there. 

19 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Houston looks like they couldnt care less about giving away a first but they dont have many spare salaries. A guy like Crowder is feasible financially in a trade. If Houston's first is available then maybe they feel like they have to make a move. I would hate to send a signal like that to Ja/JJJ but you still gotta do what you gotta sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

Going to the game tonight. Hope the kid gets some run and we can see what he's made of. 

Can't be any worse than those Gudric minutes we got on Sunday! Poor Gudric...i wanna like him but he just doesn't have a clue out there. 

I think his confidence may be shot.  He wasn't great earlier in the season but even then he wasn't as bad as he was Sunday.  

3 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

Boy those Guduric minutes were terrifying!    I felt so bad watching him.   It was like someone threw me out there with NBA players and told me to hold my own?!?!     FO has been so awesome that i can excuse them for the apparent misstep in giving Marko a guaranteed deal. 

Just now, Dwash said:

Houston looks like they couldnt care less about giving away a first but they dont have many spare salaries. A guy like Crowder is feasible financially in a trade. If Houston's first is available then maybe they feel like they have to make a move. I would hate to send a signal like that to Ja/JJJ but you still gotta do what you gotta sometimes.

Yeah that's true, its unfortunate but Jae just isn't in the long term plans and if a first could be swung then that's a dang good move

So is it possible to do a  Iggy to Dallas for CLee + 2nds then do a Crowder to HOU for Danuel House + Nene + 1rst??

Waive CLee  for the roster spot to facilitate the HOU trade. 

FYI Herrington said on Calkins show that Josh Jackson is now permanently with Grizz squad.    This isn't temp assignment just due to injuries.   He said the plan was whenever they brought him up it they wanted him to get minutes.   So because minutes werent' available they kept him on the Hustle. 

35 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

So is it possible to do a  Iggy to Dallas for CLee + 2nds then do a Crowder to HOU for Danuel House + Nene + 1rst??

Waive CLee  for the roster spot to facilitate the HOU trade. 

While I'd like to get House, doubtful they'd give him up for Jae. I wish Jae was playing better so that trade would be more feasible, but he just hasn't been very good. 

25 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

FYI Herrington said on Calkins show that Josh Jackson is now permanently with Grizz squad.    This isn't temp assignment just due to injuries.   He said the plan was whenever they brought him up it they wanted him to get minutes.   So because minutes werent' available they kept him on the Hustle. 

I hope the injury to Grayson isn't serious.

18 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

I hope the injury to Grayson isn't serious.

Yea me too or at least its not a nagging one.   I like his potential as a scorer off the bench.  

We're all wishing you the very best Josh.  Bygones.  Move forward.  Show them.