Sign in to follow this  
I❤️JV

Every game counts

Fantastic proposal long collecting dust  in the NBA offices. "Every game counts"...so 7 playoffs are decided by regular season. 8 remaining teams play March madness tournament style  for the 8th and final spot.3 winns needed to get that. Played in neutral arena every other day (other conference in between days)...every team would have something to play for till the end.

This is awesome idea  ....but don't think it ever happens.

19 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Fantastic proposal long collecting dust  in the NBA offices. "Every game counts"...so 7 playoffs are decided by regular season. 8 remaining teams play March madness tournament style  for the 8th and final spot.3 winns needed to get that. Played in neutral arena every other day (other conference in between days)...every team would have something to play for till the end.

The play in tournament is actually one of Silver’s proposals with most traction with the teams, but they decided not to vote on it this year. It’s far more likely to happen than playoff re-seeding.

26 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

The play in tournament is actually one of Silver’s proposals with most traction with the teams, but they decided not to vote on it this year. It’s far more likely to happen than playoff re-seeding.

Silvers proposal was 7-10 playoffs...this is an old proposal.

I kind of hate the 7-10 proposal.  Mostly because it either extends the already lengthy playoffs and it negates the games that matter for 7-10.

Play 82 games and determine top 8 seeds.  Then move on.

I do like the idea of reseeding the top 4 teams and mix the East and West.

I actually wish they would do this for the top 8 teams after the first round.  Not just for competitive reasons, but during that playoff run, I was getting tired of seeing Spurs, Thunder, Clippers. 

On 1/24/2020 at 12:34 PM, I❤️JV said:

The fight for the 8th spot will probable last till the end of the season, but I hope we focus on ourselves. Coach should challange the guys to be a team over .500 mark, that will probably make us good enought to be the 8th spot.