Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

Jaylon Brown signs 4 year 115 million deal and yall are trying to figure out if Dillion is worth the mle

Not sure how long this thread stays up, but come on man. The mle. Dillion is going to break the bank, we will be lucky if we can keep him for 4 years 80 million and Im being honest.

Really, yall need to be thinking anything less than 20 million a year is a win.

Although, the grizzlies are much more rootless so we will see if we keep him or if somebody gets him.

The grizzlies have never lost a player so we will see how yall react if we do lose dillion. Jaylon Brown is good, but he just got 30 millon a year, lol.

Jaylen Brown was the 3rd overall pick the year he came out, Dillon was a mid second rounder. Perception maters. Brown also has better numbers while playing for a better team. The market will dictate Brooks' value and if any team offers him 20mil a year then the Grizzlies should help him pack, and I like Dillon.

I don't think Jaylen Brown is the right comparison, IMO he's rather overpaid. Look at guys like Sabonis instead. Sabonis is performing better and in a team that has better results. 4/80 should be more than anyone offers to Brooks unless they're desperate.

2 minutes ago, KyleB said:

Jaylen Brown was the 3rd overall pick the year he came out, Dillon was a mid second rounder. Perception maters. Brown also has better numbers while playing for a better team. The market will dictate Brooks' value and if any team offers him 20mil a year then the Grizzlies should help him pack, and I like Dillon.

Thats what im wondering, but 28 million vs 20 million is a big difference.

Just now, evilution said:

I don't think Jaylen Brown is the right comparison, IMO he's rather overpaid. Look at guys like Sabonis instead. Sabonis is performing better and in a team that has better results. 4/80 should be more than anyone offers to Brooks unless they're desperate.

Im not sure why brooks will be got at a discount, unless he dogs it the rest of the way, but again. It depends on Dillion s lust for money. And if the grizzlies number is in an untenable difference.

I do think he will be in the 18 to 20 millon range. What he does is so IN in the nba, teams are going to go after him hard.

Again market dictates what Dillon will get paid. He's good and I like him, but if no one offers him 20 million a year, then he's not getting 20 million a year. A will Barton type deal or a little more is probably what he'll get. Barton had slightly better numbers than he did this year on his contract year. Terrance Ross was another guy that's pretty similar and he got 4 years, 54 million. It'll be around there. 

How many teams will even have the cap space to offer more than the mle? And of those team, how many would be in the market for Brooks vs other needs? I tried google but it was not much help.

20 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Again market dictates what Dillon will get paid. He's good and I like him, but if no one offers him 20 million a year, then he's not getting 20 million a year. A will Barton type deal or a little more is probably what he'll get. Barton had slightly better numbers than he did this year on his contract year. Terrance Ross was another guy that's pretty similar and he got 4 years, 54 million. It'll be around there. 

Will Barton took 5 seasons to get to 15 a game and barton was never seen as a big time 3 point scorer. Plus his first few years were really bad. He was seen as a finished product by that contract. 

Dillion is 24, and basically in his 2nd season, hell get way more than barton did in my opinion. Dillion will be seen as a player with huge upside.

18 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Will Barton took 5 seasons to get to 15 a game and barton was never seen as a big time 3 point scorer. Plus his first few years were really bad. He was seen as a finished product by that contract. 

Dillion is 24, and basically in his 2nd season, hell get way more than barton did in my opinion. Dillion will be seen as a player with huge upside.

He's not as athletic as Barton is, nor is he the facilitator that Barton is. Barton is also a better rebounder as well. 

14 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

He's not as athletic as Barton is, nor is he the facilitator that Barton is. Barton is also a better rebounder as well. 

All I can tell you is that if you think he's getting Will Barton money or Terrence Ross money who took almost 7 years and has only one year of 15 points or more, i mean i don't know what to tell you.

Dillon Brooks is far more physical, scores more has better percentages from three pointers is younger, it won't be Barton money.

15 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

All I can tell you is that if you think he's getting Will Barton money or Terrence Ross money who took almost 7 years and has only one year of 15 points or more, i mean i don't know what to tell you.

Dillon Brooks is far more physical, scores more has better percentages from three pointers is younger, it won't be Barton money.

All I can say is if you think Dillon is anywhere in the vicinity of Jaylen Brown, "i mean i don't know what to tell you."

If someone offers Dillon $20 million, you try to work a sign and trade. If you can't, you let him walk. In my opinion, $15 million is too high. I'd probably match $15m, but I'd be trying to work a trade immediately. Brooks is only a starter because we have no other wings. He is not a quality starter. He forces shots. Despite a quality 3 point percentage, his true shooting percentage is 281st in the league. His effort is way better than his actual defense. 

3 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

All I can say is if you think Dillon is anywhere in the vicinity of Jaylen Brown, "i mean i don't know what to tell you."

If someone offers Dillon $20 million, you try to work a sign and trade. If you can't, you let him walk. In my opinion, $15 million is too high. I'd probably match $15m, but I'd be trying to work a trade immediately. Brooks is only a starter because we have no other wings. He is not a quality starter. He forces shots. Despite a quality 3 point percentage, his true shooting percentage is 281st in the league. His effort is way better than his actual defense. 

Jaylen Brown got around 28 million a year so 20 million is not in the vicinity.

And you might just have to do that. Let's just see how you feel if they do let him walk. Now you're talkin about all these sign-and-trades and everything else

and then we can go out and sign another kyle Anderson or tyus Jones for the nine or ten million dollars that you're willing to pay somebody

On 1/22/2020 at 4:44 PM, Kevin B Moses said:

Im not sure why brooks will be got at a discount, unless he dogs it the rest of the way, but again. It depends on Dillion s lust for money. And if the grizzlies number is in an untenable difference.

I do think he will be in the 18 to 20 millon range. What he does is so IN in the nba, teams are going to go after him hard.

Thank God you are wrong again. I told you I thought $15 million would be high. Team got him for less than $12 million.

1 hour ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Thank God you are wrong again. I told you I thought $15 million would be high. Team got him for less than $12 million.

15 wouldn't be too crazy. 11 mill is a steal

1 hour ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I just want to point out that the mle is 27 million dollars for 3 years approximately so how was I wrong.

And pretty much everyone agrees that this was a steal for the grizzlies.

he got nearly three more million-per-year than what you guys were questioning whether he should even get.

So shouldn't you be mad about this deal because the grizzlies overpaid???

On 1/22/2020 at 4:31 PM, Kevin B Moses said:

Not sure how long this thread stays up, but come on man. The mle. Dillion is going to break the bank, we will be lucky if we can keep him for 4 years 80 million and Im being honest.

This sure aged well. Remember Kev, the internet is forever

2 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

This is actually comparable to JaM's deal, only that neither the FO nor DB waited for offer sheets to (not) appear.

I think the grizzlies thought we need to go ahead and lock him up now because he's playing too good

2 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

This is actually comparable to JaM's deal, only that neither the FO nor DB waited for offer sheets to (not) appear.

Yeah smart on our part. Some offers would've been thrown around and we would've matched a number that's probably 5-10M higher than we got him for. Front office playing that 4d chess.

On 1/22/2020 at 4:31 PM, Kevin B Moses said:

Really, yall need to be thinking anything less than 20 million a year is a win.

Although, the grizzlies are much more rootless so we will see if we keep him or if somebody gets him.

The grizzlies have never lost a player so we will see how yall react if we do lose dillion. Jaylon Brown is good, but he just got 30 millon a year, lol.

On 1/22/2020 at 4:44 PM, Kevin B Moses said:

56 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I just want to point out that the mle is 27 million dollars for 3 years approximately so how was I wrong.

And pretty much everyone agrees that this was a steal for the grizzlies.

he got nearly three more million-per-year than what you guys were questioning whether he should even get.

So shouldn't you be mad about this deal because the grizzlies overpaid???

Man. These comments are all the same page of this thread. If you can't see how you were wrong you need to go back to writing that book (and I pray it is fiction). 

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Man. These comments are all the same page of this thread. If you can't see how you were wrong you need to go back to writing that book (and I pray it is fiction). 

Thanks for doing my work

Knew someone would bump this heheh. Let’s all just be happy we have a player we picked 45th in the draft that we got locked up who is good and is seeming to keep improving who likes being a Grizzlie 

19 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Thanks for doing my work

Again what you and chip seem to miss is that my response was to the thread that said should we sign him for the mle, that is in the first sentence of the first paragraph of the first post on this thread so I can't see how y'all missed that.

The prevailing view if we want to go back and look at threads was absolutely not.

if you want to go back and look at threads we can go back and look at how everybody thought that jaren was a center, or that Mike Conley wasn't going to get 1 first-round pick much less 2 and cap space, or that Dillon Brooks could never be a starter in this league, or that we should convey the pic no matter what because we were going to be so bad that giving them an unprotected pick in 2021 was going to be the death of the grizzlies, or that you don't sign to player that are almost 30 years old two big contracts when your time is done cuz it's going to take forever to rebuild.

But hey who's counting what all these other threads we talkin about.