oldmanGrizz

Andre Iguodala/Dwight Powell

Would Dwight Powell's season-ending injury have any effect on the Mavericks desire to acquire Iggy? Rotation wise, would it increase their need for him?

33 minutes ago, oldmanGrizz said:

Would Dwight Powell's season-ending injury have any effect on the Mavericks desire to acquire Iggy? Rotation wise, would it increase their need for him?

....yes....unfortunately every injury (to the player on a contender) helps us...

49 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

....yes....unfortunately every injury (to the player on a contender) helps us...

I get that, but I was wondering if it would increase the Mavs desire to trade for Iggy.

25 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Why? Isn't Powell a C? Wouldn't they go out looking for another C?

They have several options at center (Kleber, Porzingus, Boban). I think Finney Smith may play some more PF, which creates more of a hole at SF. Aka, Iggy is needed. 

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Yall trying hard to make somebody need Iggy.

Thanks for saying that. I really wasn't going to reply anymore if people can't understand they would more than likely go after a C if their C went down, not some 75 year old broke down wingman who has lost a step. Not saying they won't eventually trade for Iggy (although I hear they won't), but I doubt if this injury will have any impact on that decision.

9 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

They have several options at center (Kleber, Porzingus, Boban). I think Finney Smith may play some more PF, which creates more of a hole at SF. Aka, Iggy is needed. 

Porzingis just came back from an injury and Boban barely plays 10 mpg. I don't think he plays back to backs either. He's just an injury waiting to happen with his body size. Anyway, here's the word out of Dallas so interpret however you would like:

8 hours ago, Dwash said:

I laughed when I read this, but it's true.  I think we should all just be satisfied if he falls off the books and we have a better financial situation.  No one is trading any real assets for him.

5 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Porzingis just came back from an injury and Boban barely plays 10 mpg. I don't think he plays back to backs either. He's just an injury waiting to happen with his body size. Anyway, here's the word out of Dallas so interpret however you would like:

That'd be a fine pickup if he's healthy. I think they should go get Dedmon personally 

13 hours ago, Dwash said:

Because he needs to go!

4 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Because he needs to go!

There's still two weeks to go before the trade deadline.  They have offers but for some reason think they can get much better offers. I said the guy was on the downside of his career when we acquired him. They need to trade him for what they can get, GS gave us a 1st rounder to take him, it's not reasonable to think we will land a 1st rounder in return, especially this late. They should just take what's out there as long as it doesn't add long term salary to our books(well, I mean, unless someone offers us a quality starter type player). If the only deals out there add long term salary, then just let Iggy sit in exile until the off-season. 

Noah would be a great option if they only need him one game a week. I don't think his knee will hold up.

But Noah is worth checking out if I'm Mavs

10 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

I hope for Noah he is healthy, then he may run for a NBA ring !!

15 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Noah would be a great option if they only need him one game a week. I don't think his knee will hold up.

Yes to NOAH!

11 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

It's hard to know how he is . A friend of mine who know  his father well tel me yesterday that he work very hard and was healthy... but he is old and have many injury issue in the past. But i agree with you, if i was Mav's ( and Grizz too if one spot get free), i would definitly look at him.

On 1/22/2020 at 9:37 PM, smit-tay griz said:

I laughed when I read this, but it's true.  I think we should all just be satisfied if he falls off the books and we have a better financial situation.  No one is trading any real assets for him.

ditto.

If I'm the Mavs I'm trading Lee+picks for someone like Thaddeus Young, Dedmon, Biyombo etc well before I think bout trading for Iggy now. Powell and Plumlees injuries really mess up our chances of trading him.

Surprise surprise. In order to replace an inujred C, Dallas went out and traded for.......a C and not some broken down over the hill wingman

3 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Surprise surprise. In order to replace an inujred C, Dallas went out and traded for.......a C and not some broken down over the hill wingman

Everything so contentious here. Annoying.

8 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

Everything so contentious here. Annoying.

Sarcastic, yes,.maybe even a little snarky but not contentious. I'm not trying to argue with anybody, just posting facts. I'm sure OldManGrizz knows my posting style and knows I don't mean any harm but I do like to play devil's advocate at times to see people's response, makes for increased quality of conversation and makes people think, I may have roused a little rabble in the past, but it keeps things interesting and keeps people engaged and posting. I don't think anyone wants a board where everyone agrees with each other, what discussions would you have? I am way calmer than when I first started posting on this board. I may have been contentious back then to prove a point but I was way younger. Nowadays I don't have as much time to post. I try to have fun while posting but still try to make people think. I can still be sarcastic and snarky, I have a dry sense of humor but being contentious and starting arguments? Nope, not me, well, at least not anymore.

4 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Sarcastic, yes,.maybe even a little snarky but not contentious. I'm not trying to argue with anybody, just posting facts. I'm sure OldManGrizz knows my posting style and knows I don't mean any harm but I do like to play devil's advocate at times to see people's response, makes for increased quality of conversation and makes people think, I may have roused a little rabble in the past, but it keeps things interesting and keeps people engaged and posting. I don't think anyone wants a board where everyone agrees with each other, what discussions would you have? I am way calmer than when I first started posting on this board. I may have been contentious back then to prove a point but I was way younger. Nowadays I don't have as much time to post. I try to have fun while posting but still try to make people think. I can still be sarcastic and snarky, I have a day sense of humor but being contentious and starting arguments? Nope, not me, well, at least not anymore.

+1

Good stuff

15 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I am way calmer than when I first started posting on this board. I may have been contentious back then to prove a point but I was way younger.

i may have resembled that remark too back in the day. 👺

16 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I am way calmer than when I first started posting on this board. I may have been contentious back then to prove a point but I was way younger.

TRUTH .

🤣💫💨