Sign in to follow this  
I❤️JV

Ranking The Best Players In The NBA By Category

Recommended Posts

Most Disappointing Player: Mike Conley

 

When the Utah Jazz traded for Mike Conley, everybody thought they’d be one of the teams to beat in the NBA. However, he’s been vastly inefficient and they’ve found their best rhythm now that he’s been sidelined with an injury.

Conley has played solid defense but has been all over the place offensively. He’s only been able to play 22 games this season, and it’s currently shooting 36% from the floor, with only 13.6 points per game. Also, the Jazz have gone 9-1 during the 10 games he’s been forced to sit out.

https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/01/19/ranking-the-best-players-in-the-nba-by-category/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Mike, and I'm sorry he has not been more a part of their success.  Bad fit, maybe?  I don't know if his hammy injury is something that has been bothering him for awhile or not.  I hope when he comes back that he finds a way to contribute, as long as it's not at our expense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

Most Disappointing Player: Mike Conley

 

When the Utah Jazz traded for Mike Conley, everybody thought they’d be one of the teams to beat in the NBA. However, he’s been vastly inefficient and they’ve found their best rhythm now that he’s been sidelined with an injury.

Conley has played solid defense but has been all over the place offensively. He’s only been able to play 22 games this season, and it’s currently shooting 36% from the floor, with only 13.6 points per game. Also, the Jazz have gone 9-1 during the 10 games he’s been forced to sit out.

https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/01/19/ranking-the-best-players-in-the-nba-by-category/

Why is there no best rookie category? Of course Ja would win that one hands down.

Too bad about Mike. I wonder if he would be having a better season if he had stayed in Memphis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He played last night. Only played 15 minutes, 3 points and 3 assists. They killed the kings plus it was his first game back, so I think they're trying to get him in a rhythm. He came off the bench as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conley has a problem. The Jazz with Mitchell at pg and Ingles at 2g played their best ball of the year.  He may be stuck to the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Conley has a problem. The Jazz with Mitchell at pg and Ingles at 2g played their best ball of the year.  He may be stuck to the bench.

Ingles plays more of the point than Mitchell does when Conley isn't on the court. Obviously Mitchell still plays it some as well. I think they'd be better served to bring Royce O'Neale off the bench truthfully and have bojan guard PFs instead of SFs. I'm not sure, it's an interesting problem to have that's for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed that during his career in Memphis Mike shot about 29% of his shots at 0-3 feet and almost 31% from three.  In UTA his shots at the rim are down to 13% and up to 41% from three, plus his mid-range shot attempts further out are at the highest of his career.  His 3-pt% has remained consistent.  Not sure if this is the way UTA runs their offense or what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I noticed that during his career in Memphis Mike shot about 29% of his shots at 0-3 feet and almost 31% from three.  In UTA his shots at the rim are down to 13% and up to 41% from three, plus his mid-range shot attempts further out are at the highest of his career.  His 3-pt% has remained consistent.  Not sure if this is the way UTA runs their offense or what.

Sounds like he's trying to avoid getting injured in the paint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dwash said:

Conley has a problem. The Jazz with Mitchell at pg and Ingles at 2g played their best ball of the year.  He may be stuck to the bench.

I think that's the best position for him honestly.   Donovan + Conley backcourt is just tiny.      That's the only reason i'd be hesitant to start Melton.   But DM is a longer wiry player than both of them and Ja is legit 6'3.   Ja+DM backcourt is more similar to Portlands sizewise but our athleticism would dwarf theirs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

He played last night. Only played 15 minutes, 3 points and 3 assists. They killed the kings plus it was his first game back, so I think they're trying to get him in a rhythm. He came off the bench as well. 

They should bring him off the bench from now on.  ASG is a pipe dream for Conley now anyway and him being a super sub 6th man maximizes their chances of making deep playoff runs.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I think that's the best position for him honestly.   Donovan + Conley backcourt is just tiny.      That's the only reason i'd be hesitant to start Melton.   But DM is a longer wiry player than both of them and Ja is legit 6'3.   Ja+DM backcourt is more similar to Portlands sizewise but our athleticism would dwarf theirs.

That’s why I like Dillon at the 2 — he’s basically a power guard and a good complement to Ja. Melton is a combo guard but I like the energy he can bring off the bench.  

Crowder is sneaky effective at the 3 since he is also a power wing.  He’s pretty much an enforcer small forward.  

I still think we close games with death lineups like Ja/Melton/Dillon/Clarke/Jaren or Ja/Dillon/Clarke/Jonas (or Bruno).  Although I think I would START Ja/Dillon/Clarke/Jaren/Jonas then close with Ja/Melton/Dillon/Clarke/Jonas.  

With that starting five our bench mob (given the current roster) would be Tyus/Melton/Grayson/Crowder/Bruno.  

Those lineups (coupled with the closing lineup) would feature a nice blend of offense, defense, playmaking, and athleticism.  

Then we should use free agency and the draft to try to find a 6th man type who can complement our rotation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Ingles plays more of the point than Mitchell does when Conley isn't on the court. Obviously Mitchell still plays it some as well. I think they'd be better served to bring Royce O'Neale off the bench truthfully and have bojan guard PFs instead of SFs. I'm not sure, it's an interesting problem to have that's for sure. 

Royce guards 2-4 and is the best perimeter defender they have. They had the right man on the bench last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol that was not what I was expecting when I opened this. Shots fired at KBM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I think that's the best position for him honestly.   Donovan + Conley backcourt is just tiny.      That's the only reason i'd be hesitant to start Melton.   But DM is a longer wiry player than both of them and Ja is legit 6'3.   Ja+DM backcourt is more similar to Portlands sizewise but our athleticism would dwarf theirs.

I think Dillon will continue to be the starter and Melton be the first guard of the bench being paired with Jones. That after all is probably the best fit for him, he is like a TA 2.0 and his energy is something that could change games for us.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Royce guards 2-4 and is the best perimeter defender they have. They had the right man on the bench last night.

Royce is fine, but is incredibly overrated. He is their best perimeter defender, and maybe that's better as a starter. Conley adds in both offense and defense that neither ingles or o'neale can bring consistently. They usually only bring one or the other. Mitchell isn't a point guard, that much is clear. If they think ingles can be the point effectively enough, then that is fine to continue starting him. I've always seen him more as a secondary ball handler in the pick and roll, or catch and shoot 3s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Subliminal said:

Lol that was not what I was expecting when I opened this. Shots fired at KBM?

...he was very disrespectful to Jonas lately...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

...he was very disrespectful to Jonas lately...

two wrongs don.t make a right 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the older i.m getting my heart is softer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

it's nothing...it's not even an Impeachment....and I ❤️Impeachments

Then you'll enjoy the next few weeks. Just don't forget to watch the Grizz games or the fan police will have to impeach YOU. But then again, you would you enjoy that. Or do only love it when OTHER people get impeached? :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Then you'll enjoy the next few weeks. Just don't forget to watch the Grizz games or the fan police will have to impeach YOU. But then again, you would you enjoy that. Or do only love it when OTHER people get impeached? :rolleyes:

....can't wait for the giant impeach show....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Might be part of Utah's game plan, IDK.

Maybe but Mike is also 32, has battled numerous injuries and has been in the league what, 13 years or something? It may be wear and tear and high mileage as well. He may not have the consistent speed to get into the lane anymore.He may also be trying to avoid injury but with all of that being said, I think it's a bad fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Maybe but Mike is also 32, has battled numerous injuries and has been in the league what, 13 years or something? It may be wear and tear and high mileage as well. He may not have the consistent speed to get into the lane anymore.He may also be trying to avoid injury but with all of that being said, I think it's a bad fit.

hoping all the best for mc. such a classy guy and competitor, and grit and grind would not have been without him. always a griz.

 

slim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this