I❤️JV

TRADE DEADLINE

Zach lavine would probably take multiple firsts to acquire. There's also been some chatter about them trying to trade for Josh.  

Iggy, Josh, 2 1sts (Jazz pick and either the warriors pick or our pick from that year) for zach and Felicio (had valentine here, but I'm sure they want to dump Felicio and if that helps the deal then I'm fine with it). I'd be fine with parting with Grayson as a sweetener as that's the position zach plays anyway. 

We can just pretend we traded Mike for zach lavine and Brandon Clarke. That's not a bad deal. 

I think that's a fair deal. Anything less than that just most likely isn't going to get the deal done. 

Barnes, Dedmon for Iggy, Hill, Josh. 

They want to dump Dedmon, we still need a backup center to an extent. Barnes is an improvement over Jae. 

That would probably be the biggest "splash" we could make without giving up assets. We'd have to be convinced that would put us in some sort of contention long term, and that it wouldn't disrupt our chemistry too much. 

I'm not personally convinced, I'd rather just play Josh. 

My hope is that they are just waiting to see how things shake out at the trade deadline before calling up Josh. If no trades are made I would be in favor of releasing Hill and calling up Josh for the rest of the season.

Iggy does not get a release no matter what, if nobody trades for Iggy you almost have to keep him out of spite, you can't let the LA teams punk you and call your bluff after you have said all along teams would have to trade for him. If he has to sit out an entire season then oh well, he should have negotiated a reduced buyout instead of insisting on getting all his money.

50 minutes ago, Ethan7 said:

Rumor is Lavine for Kuzma, Danny Green, and Talen Horton-Tucker. In my opinion that's not a whole not. What would the Bulls value from us? Ja, JJJ, and Clarke are untouchable. I'd have to think long and hard about Melton and Brooks. 

Yes I'd consider that for sure. I'm a big Brooks fan but I'd definitely consider it. Granted the money doesn't match

21 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

trade him back to boston to bring that first round back to Memphis 

2 hours ago, lions said:

welcome to a new grizzlies fan from Novia Scotia 

Thanks but I'm not a new fan. They've been my team since 2005-2006 and I've been on the boards just as long. I enjoy reading every day, I just rarely post. 

3 hours ago, KyleB said:

My hope is that they are just waiting to see how things shake out at the trade deadline before calling up Josh. If no trades are made I would be in favor of releasing Hill and calling up Josh for the rest of the season.

Iggy does not get a release no matter what, if nobody trades for Iggy you almost have to keep him out of spite, you can't let the LA teams punk you and call your bluff after you have said all along teams would have to trade for him. If he has to sit out an entire season then oh well, he should have negotiated a reduced buyout instead of insisting on getting all his money.

We don't have to release Hill to bring up Josh. Josh is already on the team. Just have to make him active and make someone else (Hill, Kyle, Marko, or Bruno) inactive. Might as well keep Hill around in case of injuries and as a locker room presence. 

6 hours ago, Ethan7 said:

Any interest in Zach LaVine? Seems like he could be on the market. 

Yes he is on my list as  top trade target

20 point scorer 24 years old and can be a secondary ball handler. 

4 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Zach lavine would probably take multiple firsts to acquire. There's also been some chatter about them trying to trade for Josh.  

Iggy, Josh, 2 1sts (Jazz pick and either the warriors pick or our pick from that year) for zach and Felicio (had valentine here, but I'm sure they want to dump Felicio and if that helps the deal then I'm fine with it). I'd be fine with parting with Grayson as a sweetener as that's the position zach plays anyway. 

We can just pretend we traded Mike for zach lavine and Brandon Clarke. That's not a bad deal. 

I think that's a fair deal. Anything less than that just most likely isn't going to get the deal done. 

Chicago would be looking for picks and cap flexibility. I would likely trade Solo and Iggy (likely flip to a 3rd team) for Zach and possibly look to see if they are trying to move off Otto Porter as well with his 26 mil a year deal. 

13 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Is there anyone on the market who is REALLY worth trading for???

Just looks like a bunch of non-needle-movers.

Probably not on the market, but definitely a needle mover....

Bradley Beal

Averaging 27.5 (6th in NBA)/4.6 rebs / 6.4 asts/ PER of 21.3

Just back from injury, erupts for 38.

I'd be ringing just to find out what they would ask for.

I'd give them 2-3 firsts, all the expirings they want, and anyone not named Ja, Jaren or Brandon.

Doubt they'd be interested, and our 1sts are probably too far away to be any use to them.

Much more valuable and impactful than Lavine (who I like but just saying)

Maybe its time to rethink JV and this team with this roster.  The upside is he is very productive, his numbers are getting attention, he is a good presence for a very young team on the floor, in the dressing room and community...team first and just win.  All good.  The bad is his coverage with mobile centers, and he can be inconsistent.  For another team that is in rebuild, or a contending team team that is looking to strengthen their rebounding or offence in the paint...he could be a difference maker.  Just reading the comments on the board makes me think about this option...boy we give up a lot, but if we could get a first rounder?  Don't bash me for this, I know its a revers of what ive said before....BUT the reality is this team is 2 years away from being two years away...

• PTS 15.0 - 68th in the league
  • REB 10.1 - 11th in the league
  • AST 2.0Tied - 119th in the league
  • PER 22.67 - 17th in the league

39 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

Maybe its time to rethink JV and this team with this roster.  The upside is he is very productive, his numbers are getting attention, he is a good presence for a very young team on the floor, in the dressing room and community...team first and just win.  All good.  The bad is his coverage with mobile centers, and he can be inconsistent.  For another team that is in rebuild, or a contending team team that is looking to strengthen their rebounding or offence in the paint...he could be a difference maker.  Just reading the comments on the board makes me think about this option...boy we give up a lot, but if we could get a first rounder?  Don't bash me for this, I know its a revers of what ive said before....BUT the reality is this team is 2 years away from being two years away...

• PTS 15.0 - 68th in the league
  • REB 10.1 - 11th in the league
  • AST 2.0Tied - 119th in the league
  • PER 22.67 - 17th in the league

JV is fine.  He has a role on this team.    We just need a 3rd option true Big and better defense overall.   They missed the boat bigtime on the Guduric siging (dude just isnt NBA ready).    SloMo is an awkward fit and Crowder/Solo are too inconsistent offensively for the amount of minutes they get.    

Trade candidates on the team should be 

1. Iggy
  2. Crowder
  3. Solo
  4. SloMo
  5. Guduric

Everyone else has some upside and need more time to gel.  

At this point i don't even have a clue who would trade/need Crowder anymore and that goes double for Iggy.   Seems like everyone is now desp for Big men.  Plumlee (Den) hurt,  Powell (out),  Clippers want Big man upgrade; Miami wants Big man upgrade, Boston wants big man upgrade.     

Its  super ironic that all the NBA nerds declared Big men position is dead yet here we are.    Personally i think going forward it is going to be imperative to have 3 viable True Bigs on rosters.   Because the pace is ever increasing and defense is getting more difficult.   It will be near impossible to play a true Big traditional minutes due to their sheer size.   All the running chasing and rebounding has to be super hard on their knees. 

So who would want a .29% chucker from 3 in the age of 3D SFs? 

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

JV is fine.  He has a role on this team.    We just need a 3rd option true Big and better defense overall.   They missed the boat bigtime on the Guduric siging (dude just isnt NBA ready).    SloMo is an awkward fit and Crowder/Solo are too inconsistent offensively for the amount of minutes they get.    

1. Iggy
  2. Crowder
  3. Solo
  4. SloMo
  5. Guduric

I know that JV is fine, and that is the point...who could we get to compliment JA and JJJ..this is there team.  BC has flattened out with his play, so not sure if can put him in the same discussion as the other two.  JV is adjusting his game, he always has and will continue to...he could fetch maybe a reasonable first rounder for what he really does well...or we might get that 2nd year player that is under utilized and maybe not happy with his minutes that a team may be willing to give up for a JV

Zach would be awesome  i think its a little early to go all in and gave away assets but he's one of the few realistic guys we could get.

I wouldnt mind a 3 team deal .

Det gets iggy

Sac Galloway ,jackson

Men gets hill & dedmon

Toss in some picks/ fillers youth for us

We take in extra salart but have enough picks to make a move if we need and this FO doesn't seem to mind buyouts

12 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

I know that JV is fine, and that is the point...who could we get to compliment JA and JJJ..this is there team.  BC has flattened out with his play, so not sure if can put him in the same discussion as the other two.  JV is adjusting his game, he always has and will continue to...he could fetch maybe a reasonable first rounder for what he really does well...or we might get that 2nd year player that is under utilized and maybe not happy with his minutes that a team may be willing to give up for a JV

Jonas compliments them well.   Now that Jaren has gone full unicorn he is no longer an awkward fit.  His bruising scoring and rebounding is a nice change of pace and Ja + Jaren have learned how to play with him. 

we just need another big mobile guy as insurance and for certain match-ups.  The best teams can play multiple styles.  

BC is still good but TJ isn't giving him consistent burn.   Guys need to be able to get into full flow of game and TJ still playing 11 guys which kills that.   We would be seeing monster numbers from Jaren + Jonas + BC consistently if TJ played just three Bigs like most coaches do.   But he plays 5 Bigs (Solo and SloMo get minutes at 4 and 5).  BC should be avg 25mpg.  

Ideally i would want my rotations to be this way next season for sure

PG:  Ja and Tyus

SG: Melton and Grayson

SF: Dillon and (Josh or Trade/FA)

PF: Jaren and Brandon

C : Jonas, Jaren, and FA/Trade

If you can get Zach Lavine you go get him, period. Give them all the expiring contracts and other people’s picks that they want, cause we’d have 3 legit studs with a bunch of real role players if we got that dude. We’d immediately jump all other young teams outside of Dallas.  

On Jonas, Im good with him too. Definitely has an important role to play here. He's destroyed a few opposing players. The coach used the wrong strategy against the Pelicans IMO.

As GTF said, we need more variety at that position when Jonas is sitting, or being outplayed. Jaren is one option. Not sure/ doubt Brandon is an option at that position. Bruno gets no burn at all so who knows about him. No one else on the roster is capable.

The new FO has been pretty good so far, now they need to work on getting rid of the non starters and bricklayers and bring in a real C as backup, and one really good needle mover like Beal or Lavine, someone like that. Not saying they need to rush but IMO they need to do it by next season. At worst we must be a playoff team by '21-'22 season

11 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

1. Iggy
  2. Crowder
  3. Solo
  4. SloMo
  5. Guduric

I agree. Kyle for me can be also a candidate. Even i like him and he make decent effort.

ja/lavine would instantly be one of the most athletic backcourts ever.  i don't think lavine and brooks can coexist, so do you trade brooks for him with picks, turn brooks into a SF (which is a more natural position for him) off the bench, or let him walk at the end of the season?

33 minutes ago, grizz09 said:

ja/lavine would instantly be one of the most athletic backcourts ever.  i don't think lavine and brooks can coexist, so do you trade brooks for him with picks, turn brooks into a SF (which is a more natural position for him) off the bench, or let him walk at the end of the season?

Brooks is in my opinion a bench player sixth man but his athletic limitations put him there. He can create a shot but rarely makes plays for others. He can easily be a 15 ppg scorer on the bench. 

39 minutes ago, grizz09 said:

Brooks will be involved in any trade more than likely 

I think this may indicate Jae Crowder won't be going anywhere. This stuff doesn't get said or written if you're intending on trading someone:

Crowder arrived in Memphis as a piece in the Mike Conley-to-Utah trade. He was initially unsure about his place on the young roster and was apprehensive about playing on a team that many projected would be one of the worst in the Western Conference. Then the front office reached out to him and explained the team’s goals for the season. The Grizzlies wanted Crowder to be a mentor for their young roster. It wasn’t a role Crowder was accustomed to, but he accepted the challenge.

“I was like, ‘I want to be a part of it, I’ll buy into it,’” Crowder said. “Obviously it’s a challenge for me, where I’m at in my career. … I’ve been in the playoffs the last five years. That’s what I want to do. Obviously we’ve been winning games — we’re in the playoffs now. I’ve just been trying to lead and be accountable for myself and accountable for my teammates.”

Jenkins has given Crowder his blessing to speak up in such situations. Crowder’s been a starter since Day 1 this season due in part to his ability to lead — both by example and with his sometimes harsh words. He barks at his teammates when they are not in position, and he speaks his mind when he disagrees with the coaching staff. And he might even applaud you if you pick up a technical foul.

“He’s an unbelievable leader,” Jenkins said. “Our first conversation, we sat down and had breakfast, and he was super excited about this opportunity. Obviously he’s bounced around the last couple of years, but he’s learned so much. He was freely sharing how much he’d learned from when he started in Dallas, the success that he had in Boston, going to Utah, a successful team. Obviously, as we started the season we had different expectations coming in. We didn’t know what we were going to have. But he was excited about helping these young guys grow and taking on a new role.” 14 hours ago – via Omari Sankofa II @ The Athletic