I❤️JV

TRADE DEADLINE

2 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Great trade.  You bring in a couple of expirings which will cost a lot of money to resign.  Then we can forget about resigning Melton and Brooks, or else start worrying about resigning Jaren when the time comes.  We won't be able to sustain that many guys needing to get paid.  Whoa, you've got Bogs as third string?!!  Iguodiva will never wear Beale St. Blue.

2 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Great trade.  You bring in a couple of expirings which will cost a lot of money to resign.  Then we can forget about resigning Melton and Brooks, or else start worrying about resigning Jaren when the time comes.  We won't be able to sustain that many guys needing to get paid.  Whoa, you've got Bogs as third string?!!  Iguodiva will never wear Beale St. Blue.

1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

This are the trade I want to happen, to make us go for it this year already.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=t5x962r

Throw some 2nd round picks out there

Get Iguodala in to have SlowMo role, yeah he attitude was terrible, but he would be perfect to have on the stars in the Playoffs.

Bogdanovic gets G Allen playing time and a bit more, he is a great volume shooter, make our bench more lethal and give us possibilities if Brooks is off.

Morris replace Solo in the rotation, he is another player to have to throw on Kawhi, George, Lebron and Giannis. He and Iguodala could be key in a Playoff series.

Those trades would do wonders for us. We get 3 more shooters, 1 + sixthman scorer (Bogdanovic) and 2 great defenders.

I would sign Noah to add another veteran presence and to add a guy in case our guys get in foul trouble or some minor injurie.

Ja/Tyus/Melton

Dillon/Melton/Bogdan 

Jae/Iguodala/Bogdan

Jaren/Morris/Clarke 

JV/Jaren/Clarke

Why do you think Bogdan would be fine coming off the bench here when he doesn’t want to in Sacramento  not to mention he is a unrestricted FA this summer 

Morris makes 15 a year with a team option why would we attach ourselves to him knowing he would not be apart of the future. 

Iggy doesn’t deserve to be in the rotation he should never put on a Grizz uniform with the way he has carried himself. Especially as the VP of players union he deserves either a trade or year long vacation at home. No buyout 

lastly chemistry and culture are real things 

1 minute ago, QMemphis said:

Why do you think Bogdan would be fine coming off the bench here when he doesn’t want to in Sacramento  not to mention he is a unrestricted FA this summer 

Morris makes 15 a year with a team option why would we attach ourselves to him knowing he would not be apart of the future. 

Iggy doesn’t deserve to be in the rotation he should never put on a Grizz uniform with the way he has carried himself. Especially as the VP of players union he deserves either a trade or year long vacation at home. No buyout 

Not sure why you quoted me.  Agreeing?  Disagreeing?

12 hours ago, Zappastache said:

LOL i'm a year behind. Google was messing with me tho bc when you google him it still says "Timberwolves PG" at the top of the page

Hahaha!! Can’t blame you really since it does look as if he’s been with the Wolves forever. But he was traded to Utah some years ago and he signed as an FA with the Suns this summer.

7 hours ago, QMemphis said:

This trade is about making the Playoffs this year and be relevant there. Both players are better shooters than we have on our team, only JJJ and Brooks get close to their production. In the offseason we decide who we would keep, we are just replacing Solo with Morris and Allen with Bogdanovic and trying to go for a title.

Iggy you might have a point, because he was a jerk, but I wish we could turn things because if we face the SuperStars (Giannis, Lebron, Kawhi, George, Harden) in the Playoffs Iggy is one of the best one on one defenders 

7 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Just dont resign them, do you really think we will resign Brooks, Melton, Solo, Crowder, Caboclo, Josh and Iggy to begin with. Morris and Bogdanovic are expiring too, no players option, we let the market show us which one we could keep.

We will have to choose who stays and who should go, and that is exactly what we will do after this trade. We shouldn't be scaried to upgrade Solo, SlowMo and Allen to make us possible contenders in this years Playoffs. I know we have great chemistry in Beale Street right now but it would be a no brainer if those teams accept this kind of deal.

My only concern is if the young prospect they would get, the vet and a couple of seconds round picks would be enought to make the deal done.

2 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Just dont resign them, do you really think we will resign Brooks, Melton, Solo, Crowder, Caboclo, Josh and Iggy to begin with. Morris and Bogdanovic are expiring too, no players option, we let the market show us which one we could keep.

We will have to choose who stays and who should go, and that is exactly what we will do after this trade. We shouldn't be scaried to upgrade Solo, SlowMo and Allen to make us possible contenders in this years Playoffs. I know we have great chemistry in Beale Street right now but it would be a no brainer if those teams accept this kind of deal.

My only concern is if the young prospect they would get, the vet and a couple of seconds round picks would be enought to make the deal done.

At this time I think we should resign Brooks and Melton.  Why trade serviceable assets on cheap contracts for half-season rentals of more expensive players who will probably need bigger contracts to be resigned, especially when we have good chemistry and are winning?

Funny how quickly our mindsets have moved to win now.  It's kind of nice.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

At this time I think we should resign Brooks and Melton.  Why trade serviceable assets on cheap contracts for half-season rentals of more expensive players who will probably need bigger contracts to be resigned, especially when we have good chemistry and are winning?

Funny how quickly our mindsets have moved to win now.  It's kind of nice.

But in life it is this way, you have to use the opportunities you have, its like the Bulls, they could have surround Rose with better talent in his prime years, if they have the guts to do so, but they build and think about the future too much and missed the chance. And it is not like Im saying to trade Melton, Dillon  or Jae that are a big piece of our sucess.

We should not/will not trade Jea or Solo for 2nd rounders. No one is giving 1st for Solo, if some desperate GM going to give us 1st for Jae (don't think so) we would have to trade him...but hard NO to second rounders.

1 hour ago, I❤️JV said:

We should not/will not trade Jea or Solo for 2nd rounders. No one is giving 1st for Solo, if some desperate GM going to give us 1st for Jae (don't think so) we would have to trade him...but hard NO to second rounders.

I dont disagree with that.   We should def make one of them a priority to resign next season.  

Definitely interested in seeing what you guys feel about the following two trades.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qtso8ha

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=uv7pk8l

Obviously we would be waiving a few players or sending others in separate deals to get roster spots (ie. Josh Jackson or some of the guys we get in return for future 2nd rounders or cash etc.) However, I think this is a scary team for anybody in the league to face going down the road and all are pretty much still in the same age group. Your 10 man rotation looks like this going forward.

Ja/Tyus
Dillon/Melton
Kuzma/Beasley
Jaren/Clarke
JV/Grant

With Tyus and JV already in year 1 of their declining deals, this leaves room to for Jaren and Ja's max contracts, Dillon, Beasley and Melton can get their 7-10 mil deals this summer, get a 2 year rental of Kuzma to see if he fits, and after JV's contract Clarke should definitely be beginning to or already starting next to Jaren. JV's contract expiring opens up money for Clarke to resign.

I like the idea of Kuzma next to Dillon because of the fact that it allows Dillon (if he can focus) to be a straight up 3 and D player which he has excelled in on our win streak (9 3PA/game). I much rather Kuzma be our ISO ball player other than Ja ofcourse. Everyone else here I believe is self explanatory and it allows us to continue our 5 man out offense with ball handlers at every spot.

What do you guys think?

3 minutes ago, grizzdafuture said:

Definitely interested in seeing what you guys feel about the following two trades.

Obviously we would be waiving a few players or sending others in separate deals to get roster spots (ie. Josh Jackson or some of the guys we get in return for future 2nd rounders or cash etc.) However, I think this is a scary team for anybody in the league to face going down the road and all are pretty much still in the same age group. Your 10 man rotation looks like this going forward.

Ja/Tyus
Dillon/Melton
Kuzma/Beasley
Jaren/Clarke
JV/Grant

With Tyus and JV already in year 1 of their declining deals, this leaves room to for Jaren and Ja's max contracts, Dillon, Beasley and Melton can get their 7-10 mil deals this summer, get a 2 year rental of Kuzma to see if he fits, and after JV's contract Clarke should definitely be beginning to or already starting next to Jaren. JV's contract expiring opens up money for Clarke to resign.

I like the idea of Kuzma next to Dillon because of the fact that it allows Dillon (if he can focus) to be a straight up 3 and D player which he has excelled in on our win streak (9 3PA/game). I much rather Kuzma be our ISO ball player other than Ja ofcourse. Everyone else here I believe is self explanatory and it allows us to continue our 5 man out offense with ball handlers at every spot.

What do you guys think?

I think is too good to be true=unrealistic

18 minutes ago, grizzdafuture said:

Ja/Tyus
Dillon/Melton
Kuzma/Beasley
Jaren/Clarke
JV/Grant

What do you guys think?

Of course we would do those trades. They're just never going to happen. Those trades are so lopsided in favor of us that its just kind of silly to propose them. 

If Kyle Kuzma played in Cleveland would anybody care about him? Seriously asking.

And, if Ja played for the Knicks, would we ever hear about anything but him?

It's a real thing to think about in trades like the above.

8 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

Of course we would do those trades. They're just never going to happen. Those trades are so lopsided in favor of us that its just kind of silly to propose them. 

I really dont see how they are lopsided for the simple fact both those trades help one team get better to title contend and the other team build for the future. The Lakers trade is really a no brainer for them I feel like. And with Denver having a bit of log jam at the 4 spot I feel like they would prefer to free up a spot there and get something back for Beasley since its pretty certain he wont resign. But i digress.

Don't want Kuzma because we already have him.  Dillon Brooks is the better version of him due to actually playing defense.    Not interested in Beasley either due to us already having better cheaper versions of him already on roster too.    

Give me a deadeye shooter (Joe Harris) or athletically-gifted versatile tall wing (Derrick Jones Jr). 

26 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

If Kyle Kuzma played in Cleveland would anybody care about him? Seriously asking.

And, if Ja played for the Knicks, would we ever hear about anything but him?

It's a real thing to think about in trades like the above.

Location definitely matters as far as hype goes. I agree with that. However, Kuz can play ball. And if Ja was playing like he is now, people would definitely be talking more if he was in NY.

30 minutes ago, grizzdafuture said:

I really dont see how they are lopsided for the simple fact both those trades help one team get better to title contend and the other team build for the future. The Lakers trade is really a no brainer for them I feel like. And with Denver having a bit of log jam at the 4 spot I feel like they would prefer to free up a spot there and get something back for Beasley since its pretty certain he wont resign. But i digress.

No way they give up Bradley and Kuzma for Iggy. Iggy is clearly not worth a first rounder even, and certainly not a rotation player and their best young player. 

I could see then attempting to send out KCP (he has to agree to a trade) plus filler for Iggy. I'd gladly do that. From their perspective, they need someone with finals experience that can guard Kawhi or Paul George. Iggy is that guy. Giving up KCP (who is pretty decent), is the cost of that move. I'm not even sure that they'll do that honestly. 

I think a lot of guys are being shopped -- but no one is talking about it.

Doubt Chris Paul gets traded.  The Thunder are rolling and CP3 should probably be an All-Star this year (or Shai or another Thunder player).

Kevin Love might get traded although he might not.  Wonder what he is worth....  Could play on our team next to either Jonas or Jaren, but if we brought him off the bench neither he nor Clarke are centers.  

I think Brad Beal would be a "no brainer" guy you at least call about.  We have a ton of expiring contracts, plus picks either this year or upcoming (Suns 2nd, Jazz future 1st, Warriors future 1st).

Beal would actually be a "third" option worth going after, not some dude like Evan Fournier who sounds more like a third option brand of bottled water.

Beal would help NOW, NEXT SEASON, and into the FUTURE.  He is also insurance if Dillon walks.

Ja/Beal/Dillon/Jaren/Jonas sounds good to me.  Good (if small) bench mob of Tyus/Melton/Grayson/Clarke/Bruno.

Another thing to think about: are there gonna be any buy out candidates?  If we do a 2 for 1 trade then the best part of any potential trade might be freeing up a roster spot (Marko???) to go after a buy out guy.

With all that money in expiring contracts and some nice current/future picks we are actually in a GREAT SPOT to make a trade for a BIG NAME PLAYER.

2 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Another thing to think about: are there gonna be any buy out candidates?  If we do a 2 for 1 trade then the best part of any potential trade might be freeing up a roster spot (Marko???) to go after a buy out guy.

I am curious about that too.    easy way to get a good look at potential guys.   Isn't that how we got Bruno?

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

I am curious about that too.    easy way to get a good look at potential guys.   Isn't that how we got Bruno?

Yeah.

The "buyout guys" might be more likely to put us over the top (well, at least into the 8th seed) than probably most guys we end up getting back in an Iggy deal (or even a Jae Crowder deal).

Although... do we pull the trigger on getting a BIG NAME GUY??? Do we cash in our picks (Suns 2nd, future 1st's from Utah and Golden State).  Do what Danny Ainge tried to do and package picks/consolidate assets to go after an AD or a Paul George.

If the Warriors do a legit reload and the Jazz continue to make noise (as jazz tends to do) then those future 1st's don't look as good.  They have good "potential" though right now.  The Suns 2nd has solid value.  It will have decent value on draft night.  Will probably have LESS VALUE once we actually have to pick a player at 42ish (even this "deep" draft might fall off really quick).

The Celtics also got burned (apart for failing to make a legit run at AD which may or may not have been the thing to do) when that Kings pick wasn't so hot last season.  This season it looks like the Grizzlies pick is gonna burn them.  And... those Kings/Grizzlies future first rounders had a TON of value a couple of years ago.  Now, that Grizzlies pick might just be 'meh'.

We might have the best assortment of picks/expiring contracts in the league.

BUT, I don't think you trade that haul of assets for anything less than a top 5 or 10 player.  Top 15-20ish TOPS.  

We really do have a sneaky good/great war chest heading into the trade deadline.  Sneaky GREAT war chest going into draft night once we/if we convey.  Then we can theoretically trade our 2021 first round pick -- although maybe their should be a "cooling off" period after finally conveying a first rounder.  

3 hours ago, grizzdafuture said:

I don't know what to say. The Nuggets aren't going to trade Jerami Grant. They may be willing to trade Beasley, and it would probably make sense for them to do so IMO. The Lakers might be willing to trade KCP, but they aren't going to trade Kuzma for Iggy or anything else we want to trade. They will go after Covington or someone else before they come calling about Iggy for that deal. These deals are simply one sided, both of them. 

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Bruno played in G-League (Houston Vipers) if I'm not wrong

4 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

Aint going to happen...we have to give up quality to get quality, your likely not going to fleece a GM.  As much as we love Brandon, not sure I see him in OUR starting 5 as we evolve to a contender.  I seem him as a very valuable 6th man, he can play 5 when opposing team goes small, and he can also play 3, or 4.  A great high end utility player.  He just doesn't have the frame or height to play as a number 1 in the 5 at playoff time, and is he really that shooter we need at 3 or 4?  So he could be a very interesting acquisition in a trade...what about this one...he is a shut down defender...maybe a more valuable piece for our two studs...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=tcjw9ub

2 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

Aint going to happen...we have to give up quality to get quality, your likely not going to fleece a GM.  As much as we love Brandon, not sure I see him in OUR starting 5 as we evolve to a contender.  I seem him as a very valuable 6th man, he can play 5 when opposing team goes small, and he can also play 3, or 4.  A great high end utility player.  He just doesn't have the frame or height to play as a number 1 in the 5 at playoff time, and is he really that shooter we need at 3 or 4?  So he could be a very interesting acquisition in a trade...what about this one...he is a shut down defender...maybe a more valuable piece for our two studs...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=tcjw9ub

Nah not flipping BC for anyone but Zion.    I  do agree that his best position could be as 6th man for now.    He could be Montrez like off the bench.   Develop Tyus + Grayson + BC as the core bench unit.   

50 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Nah not flipping BC for anyone but Zion.    I  do agree that his best position could be as 6th man for now.    He could be Montrez like off the bench.   Develop Tyus + Grayson + BC as the core bench unit.   

BC is an ideal 6th man.  Maybe even for the long-term.  Unless he can start at the 3.

OG actually hasn't done a ton in the NBA yet. Lots of talent and tools but not much production -- either lack of shots, minutes, or injury woes.