I❤️JV

TRADE DEADLINE

Atlanta has traded guard Allen Crabbe to Minnesota for PG Jeff Teague and Treveon Graham, league sources tell ESPN. Hawks get a backup for Trae Young.

woohoo, some action. 

boring trade, but it's something. Pretty surprised that Teague is out... Is Rubio really playing that much better? I imagine Teague is expiring. 

1 hour ago, Zappastache said:

woohoo, some action. 

boring trade, but it's something. Pretty surprised that Teague is out... Is Rubio really playing that much better? I imagine Teague is expiring. 

Rubio is all-NBA second in assists per game behind Lebron and was shooting well (for his standards) at the beginning of the season but he’s had some injuries lately and it seems to be bringing his percentages down. But how is he related to this trade?

12 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Rubio is all-NBA second in assists per game behind Lebron and was shooting well (for his standards) at the beginning of the season but he’s had some injuries lately and it seems to be bringing his percentages down. But how is he related to this trade?

I think Rubio is the starting PG for the Wolves these days.

Read the Reddit thread on this trade and Wolves fans are exicted to be rid of Teague. They seem to HATE him.  

3 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

WRONG!  

Everybody knows it's JR Rider....

16 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

Read the Reddit thread on this trade and Wolves fans are exicted to be rid of Teague. They seem to HATE him.  

Rubio is indeed the starting PG...for the Suns.

Just now, ACGrizz said:

Rubio is indeed the starting PG...for the Suns.

LOL i'm a year behind. Google was messing with me tho bc when you google him it still says "Timberwolves PG" at the top of the page

Who was it that said Atlanta was ahead of Memphis with their rebuilding process???

Interesting move for the Wolves. Opens up a PG spot to go after after Dlo....but actually makes it a little harder to get a trade done without Teagues contract, maybe they aren't planning on Crabbe staying too long.

21 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Who was it that said Atlanta was ahead of Memphis with their rebuilding process???

Not sure but they do have talent, the pieces just fit together wrong

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

I'll bet it was Memphis Maverick.

Funny how he is MIA since both  Jaren and Ja have blasted off since Dec and surpassed his "picks" Trae Young and Wendel Carter both in win contributions and individual play LOL

5 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

I'll bet it was Memphis Maverick.

Funny how he is MIA since both  Jaren and Ja have blasted off since Dec and surpassed his "picks" Trae Young and Wendel Carter both in win contributions and individual play LOL

Hahahahaaha He has been pretty quiet 

I don't know why Atlanta sucks so much honestly. Trae and Collins are very good. Hunter and Huerter are pretty good as well. Alex Len gives them solid minutes off the bench. Parker is also pretty good offensively. Suspensions and injuries don't help. I think the veteran addition of Teague will actually help them quite a bit. They still need a starting center as well. 

3 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I don't know why Atlanta sucks so much honestly. Trae and Collins are very good. Hunter and Huerter are pretty good as well. Alex Len gives them solid minutes off the bench. Parker is also pretty good offensively. Suspensions and injuries don't help. I think the veteran addition of Teague will actually help them quite a bit. They still need a starting center as well. 

They play terrible defense. Offensively, they play high risk high reward ball (a product of their pg imo). When under pressure as the opponent applies heat,  they rush and start firing any kinda shot or throw wild passes or outta control drives, creating huge deficits in minutes.

45 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Trae Young had the worst defensive record in the NBA last year.

At Dec this season, he was rated 3rd worst in the NBA.

There was an article in ESPN on it. I posted the link in the NBA Talk part of the boards in the Bamba/Young draft thread.

Anyway, who cares, he ain't a Grizzly

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

Trae Young had the worst defensive record in the NBA last year.

At Dec this season, he was rated 3rd worst in the NBA.

There was an article in ESPN on it. I posted the link in the NBA Talk part of the boards in the Bamba/Young draft thread.

Anyway, who cares, he ain't a Grizzly

When Isaiah Thomas was on the celtics he was trash on defense (still is), but they were still successful. I think the problem is all of them are bad at defense. 

2 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

We have to bring back Mike to stay ahead 😂

Man — Marc too!  This trade would actually work if we were willing to part with Jae Crowder.  

If both were willing to come off the bench then it would be ideal. 

However, trading back for guys at ten cents on the dollar that you traded away the previous year means that no other NBA team would pick up the phone when you call.  

5 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Probably quite a few of us last year but then we made trades and moved on and actually drafted well .this time last year atl did look better imo .

This are the trade I want to happen, to make us go for it this year already.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=t5x962r

Throw some 2nd round picks out there

Get Iguodala in to have SlowMo role, yeah he attitude was terrible, but he would be perfect to have on the stars in the Playoffs.

Bogdanovic gets G Allen playing time and a bit more, he is a great volume shooter, make our bench more lethal and give us possibilities if Brooks is off.

Morris replace Solo in the rotation, he is another player to have to throw on Kawhi, George, Lebron and Giannis. He and Iguodala could be key in a Playoff series.

Those trades would do wonders for us. We get 3 more shooters, 1 + sixthman scorer (Bogdanovic) and 2 great defenders.

I would sign Noah to add another veteran presence and to add a guy in case our guys get in foul trouble or some minor injurie.

Ja/Tyus/Melton

Dillon/Melton/Bogdan 

Jae/Iguodala/Bogdan

Jaren/Morris/Clarke 

JV/Jaren/Clarke

7 hours ago, Zappastache said:

LOL i'm a year behind. Google was messing with me tho bc when you google him it still says "Timberwolves PG" at the top of the page

A year?!!  He hasn't been in Minny for a few except as a visitor.  2016-2017 season.

1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

This are the trade I want to happen, to make us go for it this year already.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=t5x962r

Throw some 2nd round picks out there

Get Iguodala in to have SlowMo role, yeah he attitude was terrible, but he would be perfect to have on the stars in the Playoffs.

Bogdanovic gets G Allen playing time and a bit more, he is a great volume shooter, make our bench more lethal and give us possibilities if Brooks is off.

Morris replace Solo in the rotation, he is another player to have to throw on Kawhi, George, Lebron and Giannis. He and Iguodala could be key in a Playoff series.

Those trades would do wonders for us. We get 3 more shooters, 1 + sixthman scorer (Bogdanovic) and 2 great defenders.

I would sign Noah to add another veteran presence and to add a guy in case our guys get in foul trouble or some minor injurie.

Ja/Tyus/Melton

Dillon/Melton/Bogdan 

Jae/Iguodala/Bogdan

Jaren/Morris/Clarke 

JV/Jaren/Clarke

Great trade.  You bring in a couple of expirings which will cost a lot of money to resign.  Then we can forget about resigning Melton and Brooks, or else start worrying about resigning Jaren when the time comes.  We won't be able to sustain that many guys needing to get paid.  Whoa, you've got Bogs as third string?!!  Iguodiva will never wear Beale St. Blue.