Ole Dirty Klondike

ESPN Love? No, Zion will win ROY

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 3:27 PM, ALT GRIND said:

James Wiseman should be good, at least in terms of highlights and raw stats but COULD end up being the big man version of Trae Young.  …

I'm not sold on Wiseman, he is like the Tin Man, he has no heart.

3 minutes ago, KyleB said:

I'm not sold on Wiseman, he is like the Tin Man, he has no heart.

He’s not Bill Russell.  If he had TA’s mentality he would be a top pick pretty much any year.  

If I had the top pick? Roll the dice on some Wilt/Admiral potential and get the dude a  shrink.  

Maybe no Zion in this draft — but no Ja either.  

Wiseman would need to go to a team with a legit point guard though. So, not the Knicks.  

He might be the only guy in the draft worth trading up for.  If I were at 2 I would consider trading down.  

58 minutes ago, KyleB said:

Obi Toppin is the only player in the draft that excites me, but we are good at pf.

Supposedly his defense is bad.  

Although I bet Obi could play with either Jonas or Jaren.  Obi and Clarke off the bench would be really fun!  Maybe you stagger the bench minutes or just have Clarke as the 6th man and only play Obi when either Jaren or Jonas is in the game (assuming you don't go with a Clarke/Obi/Jaren front line although maybe you should).

Depending on his length, his size and solid frame mean that he MIGHT be able to play some small ball 5.  That really kicks his value up a notch.  

For those who think the NBA won't push Zion into ROY to hype him up, well after all of 4 games, the braintrust at the NBA rewarded him             

Is he though?  I mean don't get me wrong... he looks REAL nice out there, but he hasn't come close to doing enough yet to knock Ja off the top spot.

9 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Is he though?  I mean don't get me wrong... he looks REAL nice out there, but he hasn't come close to doing enough yet to knock Ja off the top spot.

Ja Morant's closer to being MVP than Zion is to being ROY.

4 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

So, Zion is not playing today with an ankle sprain. ESPN is going to have to work overtime.

Zion is putting up good scoring numbers but I think I would still have at least the Miami rooks, MPJ and another rookie of two (besides Morant) ahead of Zion.

Nawlins hasn’t really won more with Zion and his individual defensive stats are bad. He’s not really rebounding much either.  So a bit light in “impact” and hasn’t really had a ton of awesome highlights yet either.  

Before the year and even before the draft I thought the draft might be like the Mark Aguirre/Isiah Thomas draft where Isiah went second but had the much better career and was named ROY too.  I think that holds.  At least for ROY.  Stats are similar in both cases too. Especially rookie stats.  I can very easily see Ja having the better career.  I had Ja one and had him having a better career, maybe even without taking injury risk into consideration.  

#Zionmania could backfire for Big Sports Ball Media if he fails to become a Jordan/Shaq/Kobe/LeBron type and early returns are a coin-flip at best.  Besides, he plays for a franchise with a negative Q score even if Nawlins is an “interesting” town. 

I am watching Ja tonight (balling - trip dub) and thinking it doesn't even matter. 

It is an award. And if ESPN is involved it is probably rigged or fake in some way. Anyone who watched us last year and is now watching us knows Morant is the ROY. Everyone in Memphis knows.

51 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

I am watching Ja tonight (balling - trip dub) and thinking it doesn't even matter. 

It is an award. And if ESPN is involved it is probably rigged or fake in some way. Anyone who watched us last year and is now watching us knows Morant is the ROY. Everyone in Memphis knows.

Every time I wear one of my Morant jerseys working bar at club I get mad people giving me props on the kid. People know now

Edit: In Denver