Ole Dirty Klondike

ESPN Love? No, Zion will win ROY

9 minutes ago, TRE2K3 said:

It seems like he doesn't like being disrespected

right.

but then again - what alpha does?

and he is definitely playing like a boss

19 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Ja doesn’t seem to use anger as fuel... that’s a Russ or Dame or Chris Paul move...

Ja reminds me more of AI - gonna do his thing - to whoever- anyway

Well, whatever it was that caused him to punk James Harden (tell that MFr who I am)...more of that.

11 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

Well, whatever it was that caused him to punk James Harden (tell that MFr who I am)...more of that.

🤣💫💨

15 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Who

Is.

A.lph-a

oohhh oohhh

*I KNOW THIS ONE !

... Mike Conley

right?!?

sooo... what do I win?

ugh

can you just type your same everyone hates Mike Conley drivel and move on?

please?

On 1/15/2020 at 5:31 PM, pjs said:

Man ... ESPN ... I'm telling you, you guys need to book the Grizzlies as much as possible.  They are just flat out fun.  It's not Magic Johnson Showtime yet, but it's getting there.  Must see TV ... watch out league!

I made a Showtime reference when I was at the Warriors game on that fast break (more like a JAIL break) run out with Ja whipping a go-ahead flush to Jaren for the flush.

If Ja stays healthy and his numbers stay where they are, he's going to win rookie of the year. There's nothing Zion is going to do in 30+ games ( I assume he will get some rest) to overtake him.

Also, the NBA and espn don't care who they have to hype to get people to watch, just that they can hype somebody to get them to watch. They will push them both.

34 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

oohhh oohhh

*I KNOW THIS ONE !

... Mike Conley

right?!?

sooo... what do I win?

ugh

can you just type your same everyone hates Mike Conley drivel and move on?

please?

I could but eye'd

much rather dunk on

U.

22 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

If Ja stays healthy and his numbers stay where they are, he's going to win rookie of the year. There's nothing Zion is going to do in 30+ games ( I assume he will get some rest) to overtake him.

Also, the NBA and espn don't care who they have to hype to get people to watch, just that they can hype somebody to get them to watch. They will push them both.

They've already chosen to hype Zion over Ja this season and that's my point. The decision has already been made and that's why they have so many national tv games and we've got a couple. Sure next season they may hype both but the Zion hype train for ESPN started before he left Duke (even while he was hurt), it lasted through the NBA Draft, summer league, pre-season and now the NBA season. only the past couple of weeks have they really been pushing Ja. They have already made as significant investment in time in pumping Zion. That's my point, if he comes back and plays 35 games and plays well, at worst he's co-ROY. That's how ESPN works. They do the same type of stuff in college football and basketball where they create hype to predetermine an outcome. It's similar to the pressure of the #1 pick, even if people thought Ja was the better player overall and would have the better career or they thought Zion was injury prone, Zion had been hyped so much, whoever got the #1 pick had to pick Zion.

This thread isn’t about Brandon Clarke but Clarke has to be a front runner for the 6th man of the year award right?  Stats plus efficiency plus highlights should count for something right?  I also think he would be the first rookie to win the award.  

To paraphrase the late New Orleans great Doctor John, “ESPN got the right rookie (Zion), but the wrong sport (football instead of basketball).”

Zion should be playing in the Super Dome 8 times per year.

Facts: Patrick Ewing played 50 games his rookie season and won ROY. That is the record for fewest games played by a rookie who won the ROY. 

I believe Zion would have to be amazing to beat Patrick’s record by 15 games. Everyone needs to calm down.

12 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Facts: Patrick Ewing played 50 games his rookie season and won ROY. That is the record for fewest games played by a rookie who won the ROY. 

I believe Zion would have to be amazing to beat Patrick’s record by 15 games. Everyone needs to calm down.

Yes, I realize that but it's different times. I'm just saying I would not be surprised if he wins by only playing 35 games. 

1 hour ago, I❤️JV said:

If Zion is awarded ROY....will be no justice ...and no peace ....

Agreed, but Ja might get hosed if ESPN gets it's way. Ja deserves it hands down but now I see them hyping Zion. I don't think Zion will play 30 games honestly. I'm not sure why they are bringing him back this year. He should have stayed out until next season. i'm not wishing anything bad on him but i think he will be hurt again before the season ends. 

12 hours ago, chipc3 said:

agreed. I know it’s hard to do, but stay away from the old memphis, what’s coming bad down the road mentality. 

if good health holds, I’ll put my chips on ja every day of the week and twice on sundays. this kid is extremely special and has that dog in him. honestly, we’ve never, ever had both- had some dog, and some special...but both? no, not even close. this kid will soon open doors for this franchise that we couldn’t even dream about before. I wish zion all the best and I, as a devoted griz fan, welcome all to this roy race. 

slim. 

20 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Ja doesn’t seem to use anger as fuel... that’s a Russ or Dame or Chris Paul move...

Ja reminds me more of AI - gonna do his thing - to whoever- anyway

Saw a piece the other day after the HOU game that said the opposite.

On 1/17/2020 at 11:35 AM, GrizzTigerFan said:

But Morant is driving it. He is real. He is a superstar in the making playing winning basketball. He belongs at the edges of the All-Star conversation right now.

I haven't checked the All-Star voting lately, but how could Ja NOT be in the All-Star game???

1 minute ago, GameOn said:

I haven't checked the All-Star voting lately, but how could Ja NOT be in the All-Star game???

He plays in Memphis, haven't you heard?

18 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

He plays in Memphis, haven't you heard?

Memphis is on a 7 game winning streak, haven't you heard? 😆

Just curious - to the NBA historians out there - has a rookie ever gone to the All-Star game?

26 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Memphis is on a 7 game winning streak, haven't you heard? 😆

Just curious - to the NBA historians out there - has a rookie ever gone to the All-Star game?

There have been 45 rookies in NBA history to make the All-Star team. Here are all of them.

https://ca.nba.com/news/rookies-to-make-the-nba-all-star-team-voting-2019-charlotte-luka-doncic-dallas-mavericks/bs56iftgiktb1qatdlziq3j2t